what you think about tanks in s3

they dont exist anymore too much nerfed 17 28.33%
i dont know some things are better some worse 22 36.67%
they are fine or better now 21 35.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Tanks in S3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karniak91

13-01-2013

ok at first i want opinion only tank players (if you played 10 games on tanks just dont speak)
what you think about changes for me tanks stop exist right now
mrs almost dont exist now any serius good item for mrs also didint hp from warmong decrased and whole amount what we taking with old builds and masteries ?
also i feel bigg difference with armor over 300 armor and im getting dmg like with old 150 i feel like that and new item instead madreds eat alot hp so we are less tanky and dmg on us are bosted right now ?
peoples gonna cry about op tanks in s2 no they wasnt if carry make suicide on thornmail its carry fail tanks got low dmg (i think even lower right now...) and need alot time to kill someone so you can escape them or bring your team
with full tank build tanks got now problem to survive half of tf if they get focused thats not good tanks cant realy tank right now and still got no dmg they are ussles for now offtanks are better same or almost same tanky and get serius dmg
tanks dont exist for me in s3

EDIT its topic about FULL tanking when you get whole items for it not just couple and pure defensive items becouse most def/dmg are dont even touched in new season 3

ByKuLT

13-01-2013

I dunno, from what I've seen mass warmogs/sunfires/5k hp is quite popular, it's just that stacking armor/mr is kind of pointless from the buff riot did to penetration, so HP became the superior stat.

Karniak91

13-01-2013

but what give you hp vs hard feeded cary hiting you for insane amount if he will hiting you for 600 and you get instead of old 4 k even 8 now but he hit you 3x more or even more you will die alot faster
also big point in that he will better outheal on you so srsly you cand do him nothing becouse he outheal your almost 0 dmg ;/

Cloudseeker91

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-01-2013

Well tanks are not ment for damage. They are ment for taking a lot of damage and become a big enough problem for the enemy team to focus them so the carrys can move in and kill the enemy team. Damage is secondary.

Tensive

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

13-01-2013

I'm a bruiser player, I main the "Buy boots, 4 defensive items, and one offensive item" kind of characters like Udyr, Trundle, Jarvan.. etc.

I have to say that this is not true.
They made pretty much every defensive item give more HP, It became pretty freaking easy to have 240 armor, 190 m-res, 4k+ HP with a decent amount of damage on any bruiser after S3.
But if you look back and S2 and S1, bruisers were never "lategame characters".
While other characters had their penetration buffed, bruisers got their defenses buffed, despite them being more expensive (They have much better options to choose from, and this - despite being more expensive - gives more stats, so it's worth more for the item slow).
But now in season 3 we have much more options, heck.. I felt that bruisers snowball too hard early game with the slightest gold advantage.

Also carries are meant to be lategame powerhouses, you have one on your team too. (Meanwhile most bruisers fail lategame)
Finally, I suggest changing your item build or the character you play if you're having such issues.

Karniak91

13-01-2013

yup but we lost alot tankyness and dont get any bost to cc or dmg even new item working like cleanse comes we die fast dont doing nothing we can be ignored or insta dead in initate

Karniak91

13-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensive View Post
I'm a bruiser player, I main the "Buy boots, 4 defensive items, and one offensive item" kind of characters like Udyr, Trundle, Jarvan.. etc.

I have to say that this is not true.
They made pretty much every defensive item give more HP, It became pretty freaking easy to have 240 armor, 190 m-res, 4k+ HP with a decent amount of damage on any bruiser after S3.
But if you look back and S2 and S1, bruisers were never "lategame characters".
While other characters had their penetration buffed, bruisers got their defenses buffed, despite them being more expensive (They have much better options to choose from, and this - despite being more expensive - gives more stats, so it's worth more for the item slow).
But now in season 3 we have much more options, heck.. I felt that bruisers snowball too hard early game with the slightest gold advantage.

Also carries are meant to be lategame powerhouses, you have one on your team too. (Meanwhile most bruisers fail lategame)
Finally, I suggest changing your item build or the character you play if you're having such issues.
so you need get 2 items for mrs 2 for armor and 1 for hp and late game comes to this time and thats still will be not rlly much you cant get right now into enemy team make mess let them put all on you and survive that you will dont hold half of that or you win fast or you fail late game totaly

Tensive

13-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karniak91 View Post
yup but we lost alot tankyness and dont get any bost to cc or dmg even new item working like cleanse comes we die fast dont doing nothing we can be ignored or insta dead in initate
Read my post again ._.
The bruiser change was a nerf to mid game and buff to lategame.
We got a HUGE boost to CC, and we got an AoE awesome damage item called Iceborn Gauntlet.
The problem in lategame is not really a "problem". Carries are designed to own at the lategame stage.

Karniak91

13-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tensive View Post
Read my post again ._.
The bruiser change was a nerf to mid game and buff to lategame.
We got a HUGE boost to CC, and we got an AoE awesome damage item called Iceborn Gauntlet.
The problem in lategame is not really a "problem". Carries are designed to own at the lategame stage.
that wasnt to your post you writed when i was writing it its to 1 post up and bruisers are bruisers they was never designed to survive hell but tanks like amumu got screw up

Tensive

13-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karniak91 View Post
that wasnt to your post you writed when i was writing it its to 1 post up and bruisers are bruisers they was never designed to survive hell but tanks like amumu got screw up
Bruisers are basically a tank with 1 or 2 offensive items.
If they can survive then tanks can.

And how the heck is Amumu screwed? He is probably the best jungler in the game right now, he snowballs out of control no matter what you do.