Attack Damage Carry (ADC )

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bigg Chef

24-12-2012

Hello fellas , and happy Christmas to all of u !

So , i was wondering, why the majority of players think that the term ADC, also means RangedADC ?
As far as logic goes , the ADC term can be used for any champion that has AD ratios on his / her skillset , and generally produces attack dmg over ability power.

I recently started playing on bot lane with my premade friend a new type of lane , consisting on a heavy CC bruiser with gap closer , and a sustain / CC support. eg : Jarvan / Taric.

So far we have been successful on most of the games. But we get much whining on the champ select or the first mins of the game , because we didnt pick a ranged ADC.
So really , how is a squishy ranged ADC better than a melee tanky ADC ?

With the Jarvan / Taric setup , no matter the enemy Ranged ADC , he dies in a matter of seconds after we hit 3-4 lvl. (There are several other similar setups , bruiser / supp,that feel viable too for the bot lane )

Some say " We dont have ranged attack VS enemies that do have ranged attacks"
WRONG. Gap closers and CC > ranged attacking.

yeah we may get harrassed on lvl 1-2 , yeah i maybe have to go back at that time, but when we hit vl 4-5-6 , there is no way the casual Ranged adc / supp to stop us.

I would like your thoughts on this , and ur reasoning why a ranged ad carry is better than a melee tanky adc .

Thanks

Villemann

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-12-2012

I guess that the more time passes, the more that tactic will fall off. Also won't work against skilled bot standard combination.

Bigg Chef

24-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villemann View Post
I guess that the more time passes, the more that tactic will fall off. Also won't work against skilled bot standard combination.
We happen to play VS an actual skilled typical Radc / supp bot lane. they did gave us hard time at the first lvls , altho when me ( jarvan ) got my phage and brutalizer , they could not do much.

i was surprised how much more a bruiser can bring in a teamfight in late game than a squishy ranged adc too ! in teamfights we were instagibing the enemy ranged adc , then turned around to finish up the rest. easy.

CherylColeFistin

24-12-2012

How does you build your melee adc?

If you build it like an adc - IE / BT / Last whisper etc. You will be almost as squishy as the normal ranged adc, the only different is that you are now in the front lines and its impossible to protect you.

If you build it like an bruiser, you have nowhere near the same dmg output like a normal adc, and their ranged adc will in long games shred your teams if we believe that positions are equally good / bad

Bigg Chef

24-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylColeFistin View Post
How does you build your melee adc?

If you build it like an adc - IE / BT / Last whisper etc. You will be almost as squishy as the normal ranged adc, the only different is that you are now in the front lines and its impossible to protect you.

If you build it like an bruiser, you have nowhere near the same dmg output like a normal adc, and their ranged adc will in long games shred your teams if we believe that positions are equally good / bad
my build on a bot laned bruiser is usually BC / triforce / BT > and then pure survivability items.

at the point of BC and Triforce , i have enough dmg to solo the enemy adc.
Bruisers usually have some kind of CC or Steroid or Defensive skill , that really gives them the edge over a normal Ranged adc , that is usually build glass cannon , and have no natural defenses.

Tripeq

24-12-2012

The problem is that this combo falls off really hard later the game goes. Ranged adc can build almost pure damage (only defensive item would be GA/Mercurial scimitar), while the bruiser cannot, because of his low range. He would get crushed in matter of seconds by the other team.

Bigg Chef

24-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripeq View Post
The problem is that this combo falls off really hard later the game goes. Ranged adc can build almost pure damage (only defensive item would be GA/Mercurial scimitar), while the bruiser cannot, because of his low range. He would get crushed in matter of seconds by the other team.
Gap closers mate. u dont need ranged Autoattacks , when u can instantly be right next to your target , and melee the **** out of it.

Generally , CC and gap closers shuts down fragile Ranged ADC. and the bot lane that i propose gives that. Plus after a dominated lane as Bruiser/ supp , enemy Ranged adc will be outfarmed by alot , so he wont have much dmg later in fights.

Villemann

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-12-2012

Did you meet all RADCs while checking that? IMO Ez and Corki would be hard to catch. Smart players will avoid being vulnerable to Taric's stun and therefore you shall turretdive only, what can cost you life.

Ahribban

24-12-2012

You are assuming that in a team fight you are going to still be able to close the gap with their ADC. Yes, you may win the lane but when he goes full glass cannon late game he will simply do more damage while you won't. The math is simple, more damage means better ADC. You can't have both defense and offense. A ranged ADC with good positioning and an entire team defending it is much more viable than a melee ADC that either dies too fast if build like a glass canon or does little damage if built like a bruiser.

Bigg Chef

24-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahribban View Post
You are assuming that in a team fight you are going to still be able to close the gap with their ADC. Yes, you may win the lane but when he goes full glass cannon late game he will simply do more damage while you won't. The math is simple, more damage means better ADC. You can't have both defense and offense. A ranged ADC with good positioning and an entire team defending it is much more viable than a melee ADC that either dies too fast if build like a glass canon or does little damage if built like a bruiser.
They can never defend entirely a R-adc. Take for example an olaf , that uses ult and ghost and shurelias. Enemy team has no option than to burst him down before he reaches enemy adc, which is nearly impossible , unless they throw EVERYTHING at him. if such thing happens , they pretty much lost the fight since the olaf's rest of the team will have everything available to throw , and could kill 1-2 enemies while they try to stop olaf.

Anyway , all im saying is that a typical R-adc build ( IE / PD ) on 25 min mark , is not enough to win teamfights when enemies have a Jarvan with BC / MALLET or Triforce. Bruiser's due to the lack of ranged auto attacks have several mechanics that either boost some aspect of their gameplay or get defensive while being a major threat. that alone , can win VS a R-adc , which has only the ability to kite. and that is not possible due to CC and gapclosers.