Hi there fellow junglers!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jerkling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

Hi my fellow junglers! With the exciting new changes of season3 we're trying to adjust to the new jungle and items. Unfortunately, I'm sick for the last week and I could have played 4 games in total. Obviously I wasn't at my usual performance in those games and I kinda failed some things.

What I'm asking is your (fellow junglers) experiences. I personally think my personal favourite Maokai has kinda lost a step in his early game strenght. New items can work pretty well with him tho the problem is his low MS early. Olaf is very strong in the jungle but you gotta itemize him right for late game (rushing Warmogs feels a little dumb). Lee is very strong in jungle, itemize insanely be it an assassin or tanky/initaitor he can do everything. Well those are my personal experienes at last (I was sick and might be wrong so don't bash me immediately if you think I'm wrong). I'm really looking to hear your experiences too. If you have anything to add/teach me in the new jungle it'd be really appreciated. thanks in advance. Have a nice night!

eemmbbeerr

10-12-2012

Darius got incredibly fast and viable.
Trundle has brutal sustain, more viable than last season.
Cho's power is about same as last season.
Skarner almost same speed, few seconds slower, ganking still good.
Fiddlesticks: faster, extremely sustained. Still needs blue but way better.

TaikasieniHemmo

10-12-2012

I have played a lot of nunu jungle s3. He has awesome sustain, he's pretty fast and ganks work well too.

Proto

10-12-2012

played a few games this weekend

nocturne and lee sin seem to be doing very good imo, also amumu goes suprisingly fast and stable, i agree with you on maokai tho, he's not as strong as he used to be in season 2.

i feel that the new items work fine to transition the jungler into late game, now we just gotta get used to it!

Trixy Trix

10-12-2012

Since the patch im kinda playing with Mumu when im jungling. Though he's a bit weak on the first clear and u might need to go back before a gank. Tryed Skarner and Nocturne, didn't like that much. Friend was trying shaco yesterday and with proper pull he almost came out full hp to gank. I see many people started Yi jungling again like back in the old days but while he's clear is ok, nowadays' lategame it's just not his! Though i feel like the changes are ok, some of my favourite champions just didn't survive this so good. :S

Ps0foula

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2012

I have played around 50 games since the patch and my opinion is not the best. What you need to do is now denying vision and just put that pressure that you might be there while actually you are farming your jungle (just for your laner to play more aggressive without being punished). Waiting for ganks now leaves you far behind in gold. One thing i have noticed since most of these matches were ranked team practice - go 4 lol matches and some of them solo que(~10) , is that even if you have a score like 6-0-10 you are still behind just because you focused on ganking instead of farming and the funny thing is the support will most of the times have more gold than you even tho he is losing his lane.

The second thing is : The rise of nocturne. Nocturne is now an amazing jungler rushing wrigle and black cleaver while still being bit tanky. His jungle clear - sustain is extremely good. I bet he will be seen on any major tournament before black cleaver gets nerfed. Lee sin is god tier and the new sightstone helps him make great plays if you are ahead. Other than that by being a jungler for 3 years i believe jungle could be kind of fixed since for many junglers if you now deny their blue they cannot sustain themselves even though they have 2 regen items like philo and the new machete item.

itay969

10-12-2012

i dont like maokai but if you play him going for the blessing of the elder lizard is good tanky item
i mostly (or only) played evelynn in the jungle untill now and its much harder now so you are forced to go either cloth armor or machete (its the new jungle item it grants basic attacks 10 true damge vs monsters and 10% bonus damge to monsters).
as evelynn i really like the new jungle because there are a lot of new options now like i think its called icyborn gauntlet-it gives armor cooldown reduction and sheen proc that also creates a slowing area circling where you attacked with the proc.

Kcugi

10-12-2012

Latly I am trying Sion jungle and actually sometimes it works.
Still, Lee does everything better (only I think he should be nerfed much?) but getting boots as starting item and with lv2 after blue u decide:

A) If some lane is pushed grab Q stun and GAnK
B) If point A is a lie, grab W shield for better sustain and farm.

It's not only for Sion, every jungler (Beside Lee) needs now to decide if to gank or farm, tardly babysitting in the bushes will give you disadvantage.

ysnake

10-12-2012

So far:

Malphite: good clear time and depends on blue in the early game, as any jungler who uses mana, good overall.
Amumu: still the same, "okish" clear time and good ganks
Diana: the fastest of them all, no need to get the shield higher than level 1 unless you want to gank with full hp
Karthus: got a lot harder, wouldn't recommend him

Jerkling

10-12-2012

Thanks for the answers guys! It surely helps me alot and I appreciate it!

In my 3-4 games I pretty much figured that DPS oriented junglers feel alot much at home than the utility tanks in the jungle. I absoultely like Lee in the new jungle with the sightstone as mentioned above. Also I'd like to hear more about the Nunu jungle? How is his speed? How do you start with him? Machete or boots? Oh and about Lee, eventho there is an incredible item for AD's now Black Cleaver, is it still rewarding to play him as a tanky initator instead of assassin? (I like the mobile tanky Lee much better because I've been playing LoL for 3 years now and my favourite thype of champions are %90 tanks/bruisers and initiators.)

Again, thanks in advance!