Lolcounter?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zealwind

28-11-2012

How trustworthy would you consider this site (lolcounter.com)?

I find my counter game little bit lacking and would very much like to learn more, but to be honest some of those suggestions make me even more confused.

Couple of examples:

Jayce counters pantheon. It just seems to me that pantheon has a great cap closer to fight jayce and also hes spear throw has at least almost the same range as jayce gun mode, so he should be resistant to harass.

Gankplank is weak against Darius. Really? Gankplank outranges (and that passive slow also helps) , out sustains, and has more mobility than Darius. I always picked GP vs darius and won my games.

Nidalee is weak against Teemo. Never played this match-up but it seems kinda odd. Nidalee can close cap onto teemo and pwn him in melee or I must be missing something here?

And for singed a suggested item: Banshees veil. To me it seems that passive spell shield would be totally wasted by his poison trail or by the adhesive as it would just slow again if you were walking in the puddle?

Your thoughts please.

LiamBrady

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-11-2012

Jayce counters panth, because panth is useless trash and he gets poked by Jayce all day long
Gankplank is weakest solo top in game and gets countered by caster minions
Nidalee is bad against teemo, because he can negate your auto attacks and your Q in cougar form + teemo controls bushes on lane and Nidalee's power lies in using them to her advantage, etc etc etc.

BV counters singed, because he can't fling you and he has no other stuff to take your banshee's off.

Melcalaniye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-11-2012

Counter picks arn't meant to be taken literaly. First of all, it's based on people's oppinions and it is prooven to be faulty (Tribunal anyone?? ). It's more like a guideline, what mechanics a champion has that may help you overcome another champion. All in all, it comes down to the players (i.e. sometimes I play Diana and my opponents get Morde to counter me. Yes, his kit is strong vs Diana but I never lost mid to morde yet. On the other hand, last game enemy team picked brand, I got Kassadin to counter, and even though we won, I had a pretty hard time on the lane)

No site will tell you "pick this, do this and you win". These are all tools that you can use, it all comes down to the player to make ends meet.

LiamBrady

29-11-2012

lol, tell me please, how do you want to counter brand with kassadin?

Caladobolg

29-11-2012

Brands uses his pillar of flame on u, u see it starts casting - u click R Q W and just walk behind ur minions to not get stunned when silence runs off, or u nuke stun and kill him with few basic attacks ignite and next R. If there are no friendly minions near, his ult wont do much.

Imo there are only a few hard counters in game, at 95% ceases it all comes down to skill of a player.

Before game, in ranked QQ i picked ahri, enemy mid picked diana.

My team started flaming at me claiming i am stupid to lock in mid as second pick in team, and that i got "countered hard".

I destroyed diana ending lane phase at 14 min with score 8 0 X, killing her 4 times and getting some roaming done all over map.

Ofc it wasnt high elo.

But i doubt any diana could actually win 1v1 vs ahri if both players are of equal skills.

Who was it, at some grand tournament, froggen? Yup. He first destroyed enemy ahri while playing as annivia, while ahri is consideres counter pick to annivia, and just next game he blown away his opponent who was playing annivia, as he picked ahri this time.

All ab skill. As Alex Ich says, all mid players are about equal, mid is battle of junglers. But still imo, sometime there is a gap of skill even in proffesional world.

Armed Gunman

29-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladobolg View Post
Brands uses his pillar of flame on u, u see it starts casting - u click R Q W and just walk behind ur minions to not get stunned when silence runs off, or u nuke stun and kill him with frew basic attacks ignite and next R. If there are no friendly minions near, his ult wont do much.

Imo there are only a few hard counters in game, at 95% ceases it all comes down to skill of a player.

Before game, in ranked QQ i picked ahri, enemy mid picked diana.

My team started flaming at me claiming i am stupid to lock in mid as second pick in team, and that i got "countered hard".

I destroyed diana ending lane phase at 14 min with score 8 0 X, killing her 4 times and getting some roaming done all over map.

Ofc it wasnt high elo.

But i doubt any diana could actually win 1v1 vs ahri if both players are of equal skills.

Who was it, at some grand tournament, froggen? Yup. He first destroyed enemy ahri while playing as annivia, while ahri is consideres counter pick to annivia, and just next game he blown away his opponent who was playing annivia, as he picked ahri this time.

All ab skill. As Alech Ich says, all mid players are about equal, mid is battle of junglers. But still imo, sometime there is a gap of skill even in proffesional world.
^ This so much.
But Ahri honestly feels like a mid lane Irelia, with no real counters in lane/minor sustain and great kill potential post lvl 6.(best soloq champ in my poor opinion)

Caladobolg

29-11-2012

What does "^This so much" mean? I am not really familar with this new net slang.

Mid irelia? I would pick cassio, honestly, w/o ganks of your jungler you would stay at turret all day long being able to get only some of melee creeps. Still i think that ahri also could win vs irelia on mid, sine u must go into melee range to farm, you would be harrased quite hard. If u jump on me, E waits, Q W R ignite R R, 150% of ur hp is down by this time since you wont be too tanky, or if u make mass MR runes and get mercurys, you wont deal much dmg to me considering i have so crazy moblity.

@up oh sry for misunderstanding, was kinda tired yesterday ;p

Mid kog maw is also viable at lower elo. He is pretty OP, double ad with IE and PD at 25 min is overkill for any opponent team.

But still, in S1 somebody noticed that those champs who need turret close to farm safe, and have nice burst do better on mid. Idk if current meta can be changed.

Ofc i remember crazy lee play at one of last S2 tournaments, but it was op mainyl because opponents were so thrown off by this and lee snowballed. Honestly, karth was one of worst possible matchups vs lee on mid ; p But with his lack of moblity, he was struck there.

Armed Gunman

29-11-2012

Quote:
What does "^This so much" mean? I am not really familar with this new net slang.

Mid irelia? I would pick cassio, honestly, w/o ganks of your jungler you would stay at turret all day long being able to get only some of melee creeps. Still i think that ahri also could win vs irelia on mid, sine u must go into melee range to farm, you would be harrased quite hard. If u jump on me, E waits, Q W R ignite R R, 150% of ur hp is down by this time since you wont be too tanky, or if u make mass MR runes and get mercurys, you wont deal much dmg to me considering i have so crazy moblity.

Mid kog maw is also viable at lower elo. He is pretty OP, double ad with IE and PD at 25 min is overkill for any opponent team.

But still, in S1 somebody noticed that those champs who need turret close to farm safe, and have nice burst do better on mid. Idk if current meta can be changed.

Ofc i remember crazy lee play at one of last S2 tournaments, but it was op mainyl because opponents were so thrown off by this and lee snowballed. Konestly, karth was one of worst possible matchups vs lee on mid ; p But with his lack of moblity, he was struck there.
It means that I believe what you are saying in your post is very correct.
And I meant Ahri Feels like mid lane's Irelia(and explain my reasons, not going Irelia mid)

LiamBrady

29-11-2012

Quote:
Brands uses his pillar of flame on u, u see it starts casting - u click R Q W and just walk behind ur minions to not get stunned when silence runs off, or u nuke stun and kill him with few basic attacks ignite and next R. If there are no friendly minions near, his ult wont do much.
I'll just max E and **** all over on you, son. Not mentioning I can even run flat AD quints and auto attack you to death and zone you from level 1. I don't even need magic res runes for that.

Zenith

29-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamBrady View Post
Gankplank is weakest solo top in game and gets countered by caster minions
- Gangplank is indeed but a shadow of his former self.
Stats at current patch compared to what they were in V1.0.0.120:

Grog Soaked Blade
* 3 stacks max (was 5)

Parrrley
* 50/55/60/65/70 mana cost, 50% refund if kills (was 40/45/50/55/60)
* 4/5/6/7/8 gold per kill (was 4/6/8/10/12)

Raise Morale
* 12/19/26/33/40 attack damage (was 20/28/36/44/52)
* 8/11/14/17/20% movement speed (was 14/18/22/26/30%)
* 1200 range (was 1500)