SION, SINGED or NASUS for a noob

NASUS 13 25.49%
SINGED 12 23.53%
SION 26 50.98%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Sion, Singed or Nasus? Which is more noob friendly?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bubba O

22-11-2012

As in the topic: which one of theese is more noob friendly? I am currently lvl 6 and I'd like to buy one of the three champs mentioned. Maybe I'll try to show + and - of each of those champs in my opinion...
NASUS:
+ recommended (supposed to be easy)
+ ult that gives max hp which is good always
+ that lifestealing passive for sustain

- stacking that Q... is it hard to do it?
- he is melee and may have trouble against ranged
- he has no stuns or smthng like this only a slow

SINGED:
+ has an ult boosting defenses and so on = nice
+ he can't be chased (or so I've heard)
+ maybe he can't kill anyone but he gets asists at least

- again no ranged spells for damaging
- is that poison strong? I mean I'd like to kill someone once in a while :P
- is it hard to play him in general (going around people to poison them and so on... not easy I guess...)

SION:
+ he has a stun and from what I've read at lol.wikia its a long one
+ he has a shield both for damaging and defence
+ the ult is a huge ifesteal boost

- he is melee and his spell E costs life... :/ am I suppose to not use it until i get some health?
- is he supposed to be build as a mage or AD because I've seen both builds on the net and don't know which is better?
- his E is also stacking... Im not a last hitting monster of 100 in 20 min like someone posted on this forum... sometimes I have like 60 or 70 in whole game of 30 min

Please help me with this because I'd like to buy my first champ and don't want to buy any of those cheap ones if I can have the stronger tier ones

Bubba O

23-11-2012

Wow... Thank u all for the response... This is a huge help for me

IronPeak

23-11-2012

Singed is viable in ranked games (haven't played him myself but he gets really tanky and helps the team a lot)

Sion is very noob friendly (easy to play) AD is definetly better but AP is also fun

Nasus is a very lategame champion so people will usually counter you by destroying your early game.

Dilabor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-11-2012

Nasus requires rly good last hitting. But his kit is pretty powerful and since you are low lvl ppl might not understand that instead of fighting Nasus head on he can be kited instead.
Sion is actualy rather easy to farm with, due to shiled in AP build and massive AD steroid in AD build. Sion has some countering issues, but again, since you are low lvl its no problem.
Singed has rather strange playstyle that might be hard to understand for a new player, but if you'll get how he works you'll be hard to deal with for other low lvl players. And at lvl 30 and in rankeds you'll be able to play Singed no problem while playing Nasus or Sion will put you into "some fanatic that play champ noone else plays" position.

Bubba O

23-11-2012

hmm... I think I get Sion first and maybe later I'll take Singed. Today I've seen a guy nicked: Sic playing Singed in ranked and it is a fun character I suppose But if u say Sion is easier I'll try Sion

Thank you very much

Btw, can u give me some advice about playing Sion in general. I mean if i go AD I should max E first or not? What;s with that health cost per hit... should I just activate it only for last hits or can I use it to hit champions? If its deactivated, do I get that hp per kill?

Felix42

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-11-2012

With Sion its a good idea to get some stacks in E early and last hit because it gives you higher permanent HP.

However Q allows you to get away from ganks or set them up, making it a valuable tool for surviving and getting kills.

I would probably level Q-E-E-W-E-R for the first 6 levels yourself, but you might want to swap the first 4 levels around depending on preference ( and how offensive your teammate is)

Bubba O

23-11-2012

Well, I've played some games with Sion (2 actually :P ) and tried to lvl skills like this: Q-E-W-E-E-R, but you're probably right that I dont need that shield at lvl 3 And as for the skill usage? When I have all skills already I usually go for the stun, then get some auto attacks with E active and then shield myself and run the heck away :P is it the right strategy? In teamfights its rather easy. I pop my ult and just go in autoattacking everything with that huge axe of mine <3 and stun sometimes :P
Maybe you have some advice on the build cause I found one on the net and its like this:
Mercury Threads
Frozen Mallet
Phantom Dancer
Force of Nature
Atmas Impaler
Guardian Angel

Not sure if its the perfect build for dmg but it does give nice defenses Would you change something? I was looking for some other builds on the net but most of them for the AD Sion was like Tryndamere's with Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer and Black cleaver etc., but not much resistance and I'm not sure if those fits my playstyle. Btw, is Sion a good full tank? Maybe I should just build straight def and Hp and skip dealing damage?
Thank you in advance

Felix42

24-11-2012

At first glance the PD seems out of place. In general a PD enhances damage items, which means it is best when you have a lot of AD items, ala IE.
I guess it could work out fine for mobility, though the nerf to PD in season 3 might change that.

I'd consider picking an Aura item instead, because they are generally powerful. The guide I looked at suggested Starks Fervor, but Randuins might work as well. Try it if you want, otherwise PD will work fine I should think.

Since you are low level thats more or less what you should be doing in teamfights. Once you start meeting organized opponents you should focus the AD Carry > AP Carry > Everything else, while making sure to AA alot for the heals.

As for 1v1's, it might be necessary to start out with Q, but if it isn't, keep it and use it too escape or secure the kill instead (once the opponent is low).

Anyways I'm not actually that experienced with Sion though I own him, so my advice is rather generic.

Bubba O

25-11-2012

OK, I've been thinking about what u said and came to some ideas about the build. I think that he needs A) Tankyness for not dying to fast so he can help the team with ult B) Some damage since the ult is based on it C) Attack Speed because his ult gives him even more AS and it means more lifesteal. Couldn't check it yet due to lack of time but here it is:
Mercs/Ninja Tabi (depending on the lane)
Frozen Mallet (for the slow and health)
Wit's End (attack speed boost and magic dmg and mres)
Randuin's Omen (speed debuff for enemy and more def)
Atmas impaler (health from Frozen Mallet and randuins will give some AD)
Force of Nature (mainly for the move speed)
Would that be ok for Sion to be tanky and deal dmg aswell??

Felix42

25-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba O View Post
OK, I've been thinking about what u said and came to some ideas about the build. I think that he needs A) Tankyness for not dying to fast so he can help the team with ult B) Some damage since the ult is based on it C) Attack Speed because his ult gives him even more AS and it means more lifesteal. Couldn't check it yet due to lack of time but here it is:
Mercs/Ninja Tabi (depending on the lane)
Frozen Mallet (for the slow and health)
Wit's End (attack speed boost and magic dmg and mres)
Randuin's Omen (speed debuff for enemy and more def)
Atmas impaler (health from Frozen Mallet and randuins will give some AD)
Force of Nature (mainly for the move speed)
Would that be ok for Sion to be tanky and deal dmg aswell??
Remember that attack speed stacks additively. This means that attack speed is not worth more because you already have a lot of it. (It is however worth more because you have bonus AD)

Again I feel wits end is a little out of place, it is usually part of an on-hit build where the AS is very close to the cap (2,5 attacks per sec is the cap). It will be worth less for you since you are not near the cap. ALso the magic damage does not help with aoe heal

Tbh I feel that the PD is a better choice in that case. Especially due to the mobility buff, which should not be underestimated,

You could consider brutalizer -> Ghostblade (late) as well, but I can't find any guides who recommend it, so maybe it isn't as good as I think