Pick Order in Ranked 5v5 ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sey1

21-11-2012

It came to my notice, that everytime i play with my Team 5v5 Ranked Games, we always have the same Pick Order (Only the Creator is first pick)

As im playing Top in my team and im ALWAYS the 2nd pick, i get a hard counter on my lane, and as i only joined LOL some months ago, i dont have the Champions (nor do my other Teammates have my Champions) to trade f.e with my jungler, ad carry, support.

So my question is, is there any way to customize the pick order? We tried inviting different, but no matter what we do, we always have the same order.

I mean not all LOL Players are pro gamers, who can afford nearly all champions that they can later trade. I understand that Solo/Duo order, but in a premade Team it would be nice to have a way to customize your pick order.

If not, maybe it would be a good idea to implement such a thing, cause im nearly always beeing outplayed on Top because i get countered easily and it somehow destroys the fun playing.

Still as both mid and top pick are last, mid or top get countered, but right now, im 2nd pick and our mid is 3rd pick.

Or maybe we are still just noobs and didnt figure it out, maybe some1 knows a solution.

Lorichon

21-11-2012

The lower Elo you are in comparison to the rest of your group, the lower in the pick order you will be.

sey1

21-11-2012

Yeah weve notices that. But still, i WAS the highest rating in my team, but now ive fallen to probably about 1300 while another teammate has 1550 and he is still picking behind me.

Dunno, but somehow i think it would be nice to decide for yourself and your team what order you wanna have. I find it somehow stupid, its ok that it is like that in Solo/Duo Que, but in your OWN team, its just silly and makes playing ranked games pretty hard.

Ahlenimba

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

21-11-2012

I think to make it balance it should be always random pick order.

vAseel

21-11-2012

trade ? i always do with support if i have to go solo top make sure they have your champ or with mid, mostly popular champs are available

TheTripleHelix

21-11-2012

Team 5v5 leader is the person who invites everyone else i believe.

sey1

21-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vAseel View Post
trade ? i always do with support if i have to go solo top make sure they have your champ or with mid, mostly popular champs are available
Yeah, but lets say you focus on a role (me f.e solo top) and i also played a little bit of everything else.

After good 800 games im having 38 Champions. Looking that there are more than 101 champions its still not enough to have Champs for trade. Ive also spent some RP on some champions, but looking that many viable Ranked pick Champions cos 6300 it takes a long time to get enough.

On the other hand its somehow forcing other players to buy champions they probably will never play with. IMO thats pretty silly, altough after probably playing a year you will have all champions, runes etc anyway.

Still for beginners (and i see myself as one) its pretty annoying to not have the option too pick your order in your team on your own.

sey1

21-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTripleHelix View Post
Team 5v5 leader is the person who invites everyone else i believe.
Yeah i know that. Still, after that its based on your elo, and imo it should be changeable, especially because your teammate might not have the champion you want/should/need to play...

And why should he? Who knows how long you will play with them.

Odysseus the New

21-11-2012

I don't play ranked team, but I can see your problem mate. I'll wish you good luck to get some kind of option to switch places

cmud

21-11-2012

Everytime I join a draft game I immediatelly write to chat:

"Hi there. first free picks support, AD carry, jungle... no particular order so we dont get countered. I can switch if you want"

They either do it, proceed to champ switch if so... or just ignore it. As soon as I see first, second pick MID or TOP in my team I dodge. Otherwise its pretty much a loss. Any team with a brain will understand that this draft order is actually beneficial and even better if the enemies actually pick a say "darius" first, its instawin - ge gets stopmed.