400 RP Useless ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bankaixxxx

19-10-2012

I have been playing this game for like 3 months and i dont think any RP points increase..

I seriously cant find anything that can be bought with only 400RP and the cheapest Skin is like 520 so why even bother adding that Rp ?

Just a Kitteh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

19-10-2012

Buy skin on sale or pick one of the 390rp skins.

-MEOW

Dày

19-10-2012

Maokai is a 6300ip champion and is now available for 395 rp on sale ( and is a damn good champ ) How is that rp useless?

Guguby

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

19-10-2012

You can buy Golden Alistar and Assassin Master Yi for 390 RP. Also you can buy 520 RP worth skins when they go on sale. You can also buy some champions when they go on sale, like Maokai at the moment. When there will be ward skins added you will be able to buy some of those as well for little RP, if you will want. Also, if you ever want to purchase some RP to buy a cooler skin like 975 worth then it's good cos you will already have some - you will not need to pay that much. Count it as discount! ^^

Promthes

19-10-2012

totemic maokai skin is on sale for 260rp,just bought it
Maokai is also on sale 395rp
keep an eye on sales usually each week there's a sale with a 260rp skin
having already 400rp will make it only one 840rp purchase (5€) to buy a 975rp skin

wartoast

20-10-2012

It's a marketing strategy.

1) It makes you think you spend less money than if there were prices directly attached to every item you can buy.
2) They sell the points in skewed numbers so you will always have left-over RP. So you spend more money than you intended to buy for, and/or you buy more RP later because you feel like you're wasting the left-over RP. They probably earned more than they lost by giving out 400 RP to all players.

But yes, I think there are a few items costing just under 400 when things go on sale.

Bankaixxxx

20-10-2012

Some of that you said is right but i checked ,, ONLY Alistar and Yi are 390DP and can be bought with free account ,, other than those its just imposible to buy any skins with the free account.

Also its not like i am greedy and biting the hand that feeds me or w/e its called but why give 400Dp when its useless,, i want to buy that epic Sandstorm katarina skin and its 975 DP.

Why not make it that everyone gets 1Free skin per account ?

Sajuuk Kharr

20-10-2012

You get something free and you guys are not satisfied?
That 400 RP is for XP boost to reach a little faster 30 lvl not for skins.
If u want skins, BUY IT LIKE REST OF THE WORLD, not w8ing for something free.

HighLanderPony

20-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartoast View Post
It's a marketing strategy.

1) It makes you think you spend less money than if there were prices directly attached to every item you can buy.
2) They sell the points in skewed numbers so you will always have left-over RP. So you spend more money than you intended to buy for, and/or you buy more RP later because you feel like you're wasting the left-over RP. They probably earned more than they lost by giving out 400 RP to all players.

But yes, I think there are a few items costing just under 400 when things go on sale.
And it's working... and I love it.

Redronn

20-10-2012

Nope, it's not useless.

Now moving on to the next useless topic. Sigh.