malphite vs. volibear

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkLordAveNGer

18-10-2012

can malphite defeat volibear in 1v1?i'm asking this because 2 of my friends are going to play against each other with malphite and volibear and i want to help the guy who plays with malphite.

the guy who plays with volibear is a noob ,he is level 9 and he probably doesn't have any runes or masteries(but he plays good with volibear(because volibear is op))
and the guy who is going to play with malphite is level 19,but he is also not a good player.

so can you give him any advice,what items,masteries,runes to use,how to play etc...?

Merakov

18-10-2012

Well actualy Voli spells deal magic dmg so Malph should go with Magic resist items as well as AS debuffs(Frozen Heart) as well as HP (Randuins Omen) to buff his passive and survive the dmg
Malph is actualy anti-AD and he decreases the AS of enemys with his E spell as well as MS with his Q so he should counter Voli in many ways because Voli is AS/MS based champion
For summoner spells he should get Ignite to counter his passive when it activates and Flash or Exhaust but I reccomend flash it is more reliable escape mechanism.Just kite around a lot and use E when he gets close to you so he deals as less dmg as possible in the other time just use Q to keep him away
When he starts runnin away ulty him and destroy him.If Voli starts his ulty you go back it will make him waste it then return with your ulty and pwn if you dont have ignite on and his passive activates fall back again and wait to pass then regen some hp and go pwn

This does not guarantee a victory but should counter Voli quite well

Dilabor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-10-2012

Malphite should focus on shutting down Voli early on, he is pretty weak in his early lvls.

Zaredon

05-11-2012

Im Malp user and I have tested Voli in free week. Malp should start with Q to and outrun Voli while he is using Q to avoid extra damage from Voli. By using Malp E he can slow down Voli attacks and avoid getting hit my Voli W (and keep running away with Q ability before Voli gets enough stacks for W). Malp W gives Malp bonus armor and damage, but Voli E ability can slow Malphites attacks. Again Malp must outrun Voli when he activates his ulti. Malp ulti does lot of damage and stuns. Malp gets his passive armor back by avoiding Volis damage. Volis passive can be very useful if battle goes on too long. Its all about skill in that fight. And lots of running. (I really wish I can see that someday)! Thats my strategy for Malphiter. Good luck