Why do i get those ribbons?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asitis

17-10-2012

Hey everybody, here's the thing. I got great "teamwork ribbon" when i had 17 honors, now i have 34 and i got "great leader" ribbon. I also got "honorable opponent" ribbon around 20 honors, and today i got "helpful" ribbon at only 8 honors.

Can anyone explain what are the criteria for getting those? Obviously it's not just the number of honors you have. I have played with some dude who said he has 63 teamwork honors and no ribbon yet. Please shed some light on that. Honestly, those ribbons are great, but i suppose there are much better players than me in the game, higher elo and stuff (i'm talking about normal elo, i played 6 games ranked ), but i don't see many players with ribbons. Also, what are those ribbons for anyway? Just for show or do you get something with them?

Wicked Spirit

17-10-2012

First of all, those ribbons are supposed to come people that deserve those, not just people that might play better or have higher elo. Second of all, honor system will give more credit from players that doesn't give honor in every match so getting honored by player that honors some1 in every 5th game is more valuable that getting honored by player that gives honor in every single game. That way some people get their ribbons with just few honors and others may have 50+ honors and no ribbons at all.
I hope this helped you

Asitis

18-10-2012

Thanks, u have helped Sure, I don't play super good, sometimes i suck, sometimes i'm literally unstoppable, just like most of you i guess. I didn't think i got that because i'm pro

Thanks again

MuerteSystem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-10-2012

can your team mates see that ribbon? also why i cant see my own one?..

Asitis

18-10-2012

Yes, they see the ribbon, although, i don't see the ribbon for helpful, just the one for great leader. Maybe u can have just 1 on your summoner thingy .

Did you got a honorable opponent ribbon? If so, only enemies see it, while the rest of the ribbons are visible only to your teammates.

If you got some other ribbon, then i honestly don't know why you can't see it :/

Asitis

18-10-2012

dunno maybe u get honor from guys that give it frequently.

Lord Strikarad

20-10-2012

I have 38 Honors for teamwork, and i still dont have any ribbon can i ask why ?

Effect

20-10-2012

Whoa, I got everything up to 20+ and didn't get anything.

TUNET

20-10-2012

Too bad people don't honour you when you deserve...

nwtfrutalkinabt