Ask a diamond supporter anything

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 30
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyS Unlimited

26-09-2012

As the title suggest i am 2100 rating and i main support, have played versus professional teams on EUW a few times and have a little competitive expirience. Recently my computer broke down so i am unable to play lol and have alot of free time. Thats why i decided to make this thread and make some use of my time by helping other people.

If you have any questions you want to ask concerning supporter issues, picks, unicorns, mysteries of the universe or anything at all, i will do my best to answer all of your questions!

Aether

26-09-2012

Your thoughts on Lulu? Her strengths and weaknesses? Would you rate her good, mediocre, bad? Does she have a place outside of organized teams?

Blitzcrank vs. Leona - When to pick one over other? (considering that both are kill lanes)

ThaSeVrw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

26-09-2012

If you could choose between a pterodacty and Iron Man's armor what would you do?

HighLanderPony

26-09-2012

Gold or defensive runes?

What to get first? Boots or GP/10? When should the first ward go down near dragon/tribush?

Can you tie your ties?

luq16

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-09-2012

Can you carry your team as support? I mean, I know you can make your adc fed in lane, but what if adc's positioning in teamfights is awful? Is there any solution? (talking about 850-950 elo) Also, best support for that elo range? I think Blitz can do pretty decent, Ali also. Anyone else?

MyS Unlimited

26-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarzReincarnated View Post
Your thoughts on Lulu? Her strengths and weaknesses? Would you rate her good, mediocre, bad? Does she have a place outside of organized teams?

Blitzcrank vs. Leona - When to pick one over other? (considering that both are kill lanes)
Very good question
Lulu is a very strong yet underrated support, i would rate her really good.
her strengths:
Strong early game harass
Strong after 6 lvl in lane
Many utility spells that make your allies stronger and you opponents weaker(she is very usefull in teamfights)
Verisatility, meaning she can use her spells for defensive and for offensive purposes in a fight

her weaknesses:
slow movement speed
easy to gang untill level 6
low base hitpoints

She also has place outside organized teams, because she is so fun to play and helps ur teammates regardless of them being a premade or just a bunch of dudes gathered by matchmaking system(she is a good girl)!

Leona versus blitzcrank matchup, i would bet all my money on leona imo. If they are not facing each other in lane thought, both have their pros and cons, with blitzcrank being a bit more fun to play

Lieto

26-09-2012

Did you got to diamond as support all the way or you main another role?
Do you feel like you carried games as support on your way up? Like your top and mid lost their lanes but you and your carry are so fed that you still win? Whats your general opinion on carrying as support? Most people rightfully (imo) think that you cant carry as support because
a) your contribution to laning phase is minimal (you can only impact one lane out of 3 and even then you cant win it if your ad carry isnt good)
b) you cant take objectives
c) then there are teamfights where supports actually rock but then again its all about decision your team mates do, support doesnt really have great impact on it, except for warding and item active abilities.
Did you duo q?

tell us about your journey

MyS Unlimited

26-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaSeVrw View Post
If you could choose between a pterodacty and Iron Man's armor what would you do?
I would go with Iron Man's armor imo, i mean i got already the narcistic personality and the cocky attitude so basically im the Iron Man without the armor already

Quote:
Gold or defensive runes?

What to get first? Boots or GP/10? When should the first ward go down near dragon/tribush?

Can you tie your ties?
Used to play defensive runes with hp quints, but lately i got greedy still prefer armor yellows most of the times thought. Staying alive beats being rich!

Boots while playing a killer lane or versus killer lane is a good idea, otherwise gp5 will give u more advantage later on(note thought that u will be easier to get ganged without boots and u wont be able to chase as easy without them)

no unfortunatly i cant tie my ties usually i ask other people to do it for me!

Quote:
Can you carry your team as support? I mean, I know you can make your adc fed in lane, but what if adc's positioning in teamfights is awful? Is there any solution? (talking about 850-950 elo) Also, best support for that elo range? I think Blitz can do pretty decent, Ali also. Anyone else?
Yes you can carry your team as a supporter as easy as with the other roles If you ad carry is not very good, you can focus on assisting ur bruiser killing the opponent ad carry, or protect ur ap carry, or just go rambo and kill them all!!(dont do the last one please)

I am not sure what the best support is at 900~ elo range, but i would go with anything that is not too passive, i would add leona lulu and sona to ur list. Just have fun and protect dat teammates of urs !

Thraw Omthar

26-09-2012

I approve.

What's your goal by playing League of Legends? Is it to have fun?

Banders

26-09-2012

Or to get girls?

1234511 ... 30