sona or leona

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FifthKira

23-09-2012

After closing my thread " help a new supporter " I decided to ask a question in a new thread.
So after buying lulu and getting best win rate for me, I want a new support.
So Im thinking of buying either sona or leona, but i heard sona is weak compare to other supports.
So whats your thoughts??

Bad english sorry

Th3 Wayfarer

23-09-2012

Sona is a good support overall, however she has some troubles against very agressive kill lanes, like blitz\leona, since she is very squishy and can be bursted easily.
Leona was a top support pick for CLG in their recent matches against Azubu frost, and she did really nice. She does best in coordinated teams, because if your carry can't react to your initiation quickly enough, things can go really bad for you. I prefer Leona a bit more. And her art... Just wow, so bright and stunning. Also this: http://yy6242.deviantart.com/gallery/38036481#/d59vrcr

jokuleosiel

23-09-2012

depends your playstyle
if you like to play aggro then you should be leona
if you like control/poke then you should pick sona

both are strong supports.

realy important part of supporting is to know what style your enemy is going to play and can you counter it ahead. lets say blitzcrank support you should buy alot of extra wards so you can ward every place blitz could possibly crab you. then you just harrash him out of that area and win lane

FifthKira

23-09-2012

Bump

MaxCavalera870

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-09-2012

Leona.

FifthKira

23-09-2012

Plz anwser me!
I want a good one for my low elo 1200, so plz more thoughts

PennyPintsize

23-09-2012

I suggest getting them both if you wanna be really serious about playing support. I mainly play support in ranked and what I choose depends on what the ADC chooses to play. For an ADC with high burst like Graves or Corki, I usually get Leona. For carries that needs to focus on farming like Ashe or Vayne, I pick Janna/Soraka/Sona for the sustain.

FifthKira

23-09-2012

Ok ty i may get leona, but she is 6300 and thats too much imo

Cryxo

23-09-2012

Lulu is good all around suppport with any AD carry I think like Janna, lulus only problem is movement speed but if you know how to position yourself I think you are ok. Janna is very similar to her and Sona is also at same lvl, but if you want diversity definetly Leona.

If you have Lulu and want to have a diferent support get Leona
if you like Lulus play style get Sona and Janna

HOWEVER JANNA IS FOR 1350 so I recomend you to get LEONA then JANNA and you are done, use Soraka, Taric and Alistair as backup and one day you might also buy SONA.

Tier 1 supports - Janna, Sona, Lulu, Leona
Tier 2 supports - Soraka, Alistair, Blitzkrank, Taric

Janna, Sona and Lulu can play defensively and offensively thats why they are the best supports, Leona can protect, but she is better for a offensive kill-lane if you are with Corki, Graves, Sivir, Jayce, Varus her passive will hurt with their spells a lot. So for diversity go with Leona if you want the same style support get Sona then Janna.

MiSeRyTheSLAYER

23-09-2012

^If you have no idea what you are talking about, don't confuse other people please... Dat tier list...