who to choose as an APC

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aidahoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-09-2012

I consider buying Xerath,Viktor or Zyra, one of those. I would be glad if you guys tell me something about them. Pros,cons, who would you choose and why, something about utility,damage and toughness. Thanks

MiSeRyTheSLAYER

20-09-2012

Xerath does what others can do too, only it is harder and once his ult is down he is pretty much useless. Viktor is underrated but really good. I would vote for Zyra, she is the best of the three if you practice her, she can be a far bigger factor in teamfights than the other two.

Prodan

20-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiSeRyTheSLAYER View Post
Xerath does what others can do too, only it is harder and once his ult is down he is pretty much useless. Viktor is underrated but really good. I would vote for Zyra, she is the best of the three if you practice her, she can be a far bigger factor in teamfights than the other two.
Basicly this.

I will like no note that Xerath is really underplayed champion so most people lack expereince playing versus him.That is quite an important thing to note his burst is underestimated by some players leading to free kills.

Kazuun

20-09-2012

Xerath is very weak against mobile targets. Also, if You miss your stun combo You can basicly go make yourself a tea since You are dead anyway.

BoZaiDeN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

20-09-2012

xerath is like a turret mage , you need to be stationary to cast most of your spells , viktor is a high skill shot mage , needs alot of practice and since he is not popular most of ppl dont know how to counter , about zyra she is op really strong if you use her effectivly , another version of hiemmer but with a good twist using your mini turrets and a kogmaw's passive

ApolonsWrath

20-09-2012

I hadn't a hard time comboing with Xerath. He has many disadvantages, but he has strong poke and the most reliable burst out of all these. Viktor has huge burst but has to get into close range, which is dangerous. Zyra is overall the most balanced for team-fights she can do a lot in them, but most notably is to combo AoE ults with ur allies. Viktor has a strong disengage and zoning in team-fights, and Xerath has strong poke and most reliable burst for sniping ADCs.

Aidahoo

22-09-2012

I've heard Xerath is not available since it takes 2 much time to cast ulti 3 times. Was it fixed? Was there any buff? Or there is still a big cd between 3 shots of his ulti?

InternGate

22-09-2012

Viktor works amazingly well against low-mobility mages, squishy assassins (not Leblanc unless you're a total boss), and champions with channeling abilities which can be interrupted. He can handle many champions that are listed up as counters against ap mids (Talon, Fizz, Katarina, Kassadin, Akali etc etc) however he does not work that well for solotop mainly due to his lack of sustain.
He has amazing burst, and after level 6, Viktor becomes an excellent 1vs1 duelist due to his great cc and excellent burst. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imSmw7n65uI for one quick example.
He's amazing at teamfights as well, but where he truly shines is during the lanephase. Getting several death rays to the face can be really devastating, and if Viktor gets ahead of you even a little, your lane will quickly turn into hell.

However, his chasing ability is very low due to his low movement speed, and his damage falls off lategame compared to the DPS mages such as Karthus and Ryze. But he is able to kill them 1vs1 due to his insane skillset.
Unlike Veigar's Event Horizon which can be used in offence without any issues whatsoever, Viktor's Gravity field is mostly for self-defence. Excellent for escaping ganks, or for 1vs1 fights where you place your gravity field and kite them with your abilities. Keep in mind that cooldowns are your worst enemy when you are playing Viktor, and therefore Gravity field is also your way of telling your enemy "chill out dude, my skills are on cooldown".

Xerath, Zyra or Viktor?
Well, i'd say Viktor, but I have been playing him for quite some time. I have beaten almost every single mage in mid with Viktor. He was one of the first champions I purchased.
However, these three are somewhat different. Which one you'd like will depend largely on what kind of champion you prefer. If you like to be a hard pusher, pick Zyra or Viktor.
If you like having insane range, love skillshots and know how to position yourself, pick Xerath.