Trundle Rework

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ilicstefan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-08-2012

Ok, I've seen that RIOT can rework champions and make them viable again. So this is my suggestion on how should Trudle be remade into a top tier jungler again

I read his lore and I will base this idea around his lore and powers stated in it.

Stats change: Make his health regen 15.0 or 20.0 at level 1. Reason for this you can find in the Trundle's lore. Since Riven can have 10.4 on level 1, why not making Trundle have 15.

Innate: Same as original, maybe a very, very small ap or ad scale, like 1% for 100 aditional ability power or bonus attack damage.

Rabid bite: When activated Trundle will bite his target, if that target is a champion he would leap instead, he would receive 20 / 25 / 30 / 35 / 40 while his target loses the same ammount (if trynda can reduce attack damage of an entire team by 80, then this wont be that overpowered. Because of jumping he could now gank properly and could actually do something useful.

Contamination: Same as original, I would not touch a thing here.

Pillar of filth: Knocks opponents up and stuns them for 1 second. Other effects remain same.

Agony: Trundle transfers his curse to an enemy dealing 200 / 350 / 500 (+0.5 per bonus attack damage) and (+0.5 per ability power) true damage over 10 seconds. Reduces armor and magic resist of target by 15 / 20 / 25 %. While this effect is on an enemy champion it stops any kind of health regeneration and all healing effects (e.g. Heal or lifesteal) are reduced by 75%. Does not stack with other healing debuff effects. While Trundle is free from his curse his health regen is doubled.

This is my idea of how Trundle should be reworked. Numbers could be a little bit lower but you get the mechanic.

I would gladly hear what could be your idea for Trundle rework. Post your idea, let's brainstorm a little bit, this or any suggestion should not be cannon, point of this thread is to actually see what can we actually make Trundle into.

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO RAGE AND FLAME ON THIS THREAD PLEASE MOVE ALONG, WE ARE JUST GIVING IDEAS HERE, WE ARE NOT REWORKING TRUNDLE FOR REAL.

OPINIONS LIKE "OMG OP" WOULD BE DOWNVOTED TO OBLIVION.

Spicer013

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

28-08-2012

Okay so first of let me say that I am not a Trundle player but I do feel like we dont see him in compedetive play or at all in normal games. I would say that you are correct on Trundle needing a buff or some sort of rework. The idea for passive is overall good since it wouldnt make much of a difference since most Trundles would build Tanky/Hp regen heavy. The health regen of 15.0 per 5 sec. could be nice but I am not sure how it would stack up with his passive. Since I dont think that the game desingers intend to have another Warwick the Unmovable in game.
On the rabid bite yes to the attack boost/reduction but it has to scale differently (Think of him dropping the damage output of a carry on level 1 down to 30) also the leap would have to be fairly short distance 250-350 distance since it wouldnt be dependant on bushes or enviroment like Rengar.
For contamination maybe add a very weak DoT to the area say (160 over 8 sec. on max rank with some weak AP scaling)
For the Pillar of Filth I am not sure how the knockup would work (Where would the target champion land after the knock up), this could make the pillar unrelliable.
For the ult I would say thats adding way too much stuff on something that is right now just a Hungering strike with armor deduction. I think the life stolen as it works right now is good but it does too little damage to be effective. It deals magic damage now and it should keep dealing magic damage. It just needs a bit of a damage increase.

HighLanderPony

28-08-2012

He's already top Tier. :P

ilicstefan

28-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicer013 View Post
Okay so first of let me say that I am not a Trundle player but I do feel like we dont see him in compedetive play or at all in normal games. I would say that you are correct on Trundle needing a buff or some sort of rework. The idea for passive is overall good since it wouldnt make much of a difference since most Trundles would build Tanky/Hp regen heavy. The health regen of 15.0 per 5 sec. could be nice but I am not sure how it would stack up with his passive. Since I dont think that the game desingers intend to have another Warwick the Unmovable in game.
On the rabid bite yes to the attack boost/reduction but it has to scale differently (Think of him dropping the damage output of a carry on level 1 down to 30) also the leap would have to be fairly short distance 250-350 distance since it wouldnt be dependant on bushes or enviroment like Rengar.
For contamination maybe add a very weak DoT to the area say (160 over 8 sec. on max rank with some weak AP scaling)
For the Pillar of Filth I am not sure how the knockup would work (Where would the target champion land after the knock up), this could make the pillar unrelliable.
For the ult I would say thats adding way too much stuff on something that is right now just a Hungering strike with armor deduction. I think the life stolen as it works right now is good but it does too little damage to be effective. It deals magic damage now and it should keep dealing magic damage. It just needs a bit of a damage increase.
For ultimate, yeah you are right, too much stuff for a single spell.

As for Rabid bit I thought of it like a small leap that only works on champions. Every champion has some kind of dash and since Trundle lacks any kind of hard crowd control, so it is very hard to gank with him.

Idea for contamination is really good, a small damage over time introduced really fits the contamination. It might be magic damage over time based on how much maximum health they have.

HighLanderPony

28-08-2012

Damaging contamination ruins towerdives.

Spicer013

28-08-2012

Thats why it would do only 20 like magic damage per tick on max rank so Trundles dont just spam it under towers or nuke creep waves with it.

RonnieC

28-08-2012

I'm a fan of Trundle and it seems good to me,tho i would not refuse any buffs for him Like i cannot kill shen even if my ult is on him,thats a bit depressing xd
His pillar should only knock people up if the target is in the center of the skill , but the stun u mentioned is ridiculous, the slow and forcing to reposition the target is quite enough for a kill.
His Q is almost perfect, i would only recommend a slight buff for it like +5dmg or so.

If these changes would happen to him he would be more than awesome.

Daget24

28-08-2012

Just bring back that his ultimate can affect baron or dragon again and he will be fine :>

HighLanderPony

28-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicer013 View Post
Thats why it would do only 20 like magic damage per tick on max rank so Trundles dont just spam it under towers or nuke creep waves with it.
*Sigh*

It's not about killing people under towers, it's about the fact that if it dealt damage, you'd aggro their tower too fast and take unneccesary hits while diving.

Phantomhivex

29-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLittlePony View Post
whatever you said

dude, i usually agree with you but trundle is not top tier... i haven't seen a trundle since i last played him, no pros pick him etc.