Why is LoL better than Dota 2(Extreamly long thread)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Walking Nuke

23-08-2012

Its better to balance a game in beta state rather than try to balance it when its out

wartoast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-08-2012

I have about 60 games in DOTA 2 (not very much, agreed) and I think it's boring as hell. I get matched with 80% people who knows all champions, items and abilities, completely stomping me.

I get counter-picked in lane and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it when playing alone as there are no ganks or lane-switches.

In the end I suppose it's the player-base and unbalanced matchmaking that kills it for me.

The game is created solely for people who played DOTA Allstars.

RroD Lucy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walking Nuke View Post
Hello everyone and i would like to talk why LoL is better than dota 2 please note this is again an opinion based thread based on gameplay of both games. I have played both games for a long time. I realy like LoL but i also have Dota 2 beta and i also have played the original dota allstars for long time....and let me tell you this, dota 2 is just same old Dota (original) just with updated grapcis. The game is the same and nothing has changed after 5 years...champions are still terribly unbalanced, the gameplay is also unbalanced.

I just know this that people are gonna bring up comments like dota 2 unbalanced? pff LoL has darius! but thats all people can say about LoL balance..and common darius is shutdown easly by just a tiny bit of Crowd controll and is super easy to kill if you are long ranged.

In dota 2 Most intelegence carrys Turn into supports(intelegence=mage) in lategame all you have to do is avoid their ulti and than just beat them up for extra gold. Also you wont get any items that will make your spells better exept 1 item that is called Aghanims screpter which will slightly improve ulti/passive and it cant be bought by everyone

In Dota 2 strength carrys are simply OP (strenght=AD carry/tank). why are they OP? if you stack strenght on your champion you will get health/health regen and as a Strenght carry you will also get more damage. Basicly you get a lot of health and a Lot of dmg in 1 champion

There is allmost no jungling In dota 2...only 2-3 champions in dota 2 can actualy jungle
In dota 2 Roshan(Baron) spawns to quick and is easly killed by some champs like ursa and lifestealer....and the item he drops is like having an extra life.
In dota 2 fed carry is a GG and you can literly leave a game knowing you will get a free win.
Dota 2 has no teamplay untill mid/lategame and in the start everyone wants to take your kill even if you are a carry
In Dota 2 denying creep kills is still stupid and i cant belive they didnt remove that.
Dota 2 champs never get buffs/nerfs/fixes and they havent changed anything. People still get those Old broken champs that were made in Wc3 which was releaced back in 2003

In LoL there are no strenght/intelegence/agility carrys we have AD/AP carrys which makes the game A LOT more balanced. we dont get high health carrys. All carrys in LoL are squishy and are easly killed if focused unlike in dota 2 where they just WONT DIE!

In LoL spells that mages have scale very well in lategame and they actualy get to keep the title of an AP carry unlike..unlike in dota 2 where most mages turn into supports

There are a LOT of junglers in LoL
Baron spawns in midgame and cant be soloed at low/mid lvls
LoL needs a lot of teamplay which kinda makes it harder since you need to work with your teammates to win...unlike in dota 2
LoL gets patched every week and champs get their buffs/nerfs/fixxes
LoL is actualy harder since you have to counter 7 spells (passive+4 spells+summoner spells) and in dota you have to counter only 4 spells (passive+3 spells)
And in LoL is more fun to play than dota 2

As for grapics i am not gonna say anything. grapics dont make a good game but i do prefer LoL grapics and champion designs over dota 2....cause in dota 2 champs look very wierd.

And LoL has actualy better community than Dota 2...belive it at least you dont get leavers here...in dota 2 every second game has a leaver.

I hope this extreamly long thread isnt that boring for you but i hope it sums up the title.
And no i am not hating Dota 2 just this is how it realy is

Have a nice day and good luck with your games
I never read what you typed here, but i agree LoL>Dota 2

FAIUFD

24-08-2012

1.intelligence heroes have their role in dota/dota2 their nukes can shut down many heroes in the early/mid stage of the game and the late game their carry does the job

2.each type of heroes have their own benefits if strength carries get hp+dmg+hp regen by getting strength items that agility carry is going to get armor+attack speed+dmg by getting agility items.so u think hp>armor???(higher armor causes the enemy to lifesteal less from their attacks while high hp lets them to lifesteal loads of hp from their target with their attacks,also if u have lifesteal yourself u can heal a better percentage of your lost hp with high armor than with high health.high hp is good only against nukes and true dmg,as nukes aren't important in lategame in dota as much as lol cause there is no ap so only remains true dmg)

3.around 20heroes can jungle fast in dota and the rest can jungle normally thanks to pulling.u probably have no idea what pulling is in dota and that's why u wrote that statement

4.every hero has their own benefits,some heroes like ursa and ls have the ability to kill roshan at the very first mins of game,on the other hand they have their own disadvantages as they r melee carries and they only have a slow and every single hero can escape from them with forcestaff and ghost scepter and they can only cry a river.now about countering the benefit they have about roshan is just a simple ward and watching their moves and gank them there and kill roshan yourself.now about the item that roshan drops is sth like guardian angel though when u come alive again u have full hp and mana.does this sound op to u?considering the fact that u can buy this item in lol with gold?GA is considered more imbalanced for a dota player than aegis(item dropped from roshan)for a lol player without doubt

5.if u give free kills and freefarm to a dota carry without ganking him its gg yes same goes for lol
i played a game in lol where we lost two lanes to the enemy while our ad carry had free farm.he wiped the whole enemy team in the teamfights.u know why?because they failed to realize who they have to shutdown.the same can occur in dota.plus in dota u can destroy their carry just by pushing which forces their carry to join them without even enough farm for a single item.ive seen games in dota that a team took out their enemy top raxes(inhs in lol) by minute 12 by outpushing them and completely screwing the enemys carry even though he had freefarm with no ganks.any things like this in lol?

6.no teamplay?i dont know a single teamgame that doesnt have teamwork in a stage of the game.u sir certainly play in the lowest brackets of the game and that clarifies why u see people stealing hero kills from the carry.lol what am i saying?in that bracket u play i have no doubts that everybody plays carry

7.one of the reasons why people say lol is for casuals is the fact that there is no such thing as denying heroes and creeps in lol.denying completes the art of harassing your enemy by screwing their creeps stats even more.and also it helps to slow down an enemy's farm if the person is a defensive player and is hard to harass him.denying heroes that have a low percent hp while a damage per second skill is on them is one of the greatest features in dota.they r clips of players denying each other while they r dying at the same time and screwing the enemy's double kill.is that stupid or epic?

8.actually they do get their buffs nerfs etc.u can check out playdota.com for the changelogs and compare them to lol's and see which one is more complicated (note that the main versions r those who r just numbers e.g 6.69 or 6.71 not those like 6.69b or 6.70c etc however some of these versions also have major changelogs)
and dota heroes r the same as the 2003 one?really?u dont say your hate is personal and still say this retarded statement?no hero is anything alike the 1st map,the game has changed a lot.disagree?care to mention one hero which is the same as he was in the 1st map?u even know how many heroes were in the 1st map???

9.i already answered the part about hp carries(which u mean str carries).if u ever bothered to actually watch a pro game u would know by now a single hex is enough to assure the death of the carry.also the other team has a carry too its not like only one team has a carry

10.answered the junglers part
answered the solo roshan and the countering parts
dota doesn't need teamwork to win?i'm not sure even lol players agree with u in this part.too bored to type a novel about the obvious
and about the bug fix etc thing dota is also fast in new versions.only these past few months updates has been discouraging though it is understandable for me as a dota player(because they wanted teams to play with a stable and balanced version for the main event ...)

11.7spells in lol and 4spells in dota:actually they aren't always like that.dota has a hero named invoker which has 9spells or a hero like db that can devour creeps and the creep spell is added to his spellbook or like rubick who can steal other heroes spells etc.also every hero can get a HotD and capture a neutral creep with special effects which makes it even harder to gank or deal with.and also u can dodge many spells with items if u r fast and good(afaik in lol only fizz can do so) which shows how harder it is to gank them.and summoner spells+passive ... i personally dont find most of them problem makers except flash and a few passives like blitz's and voli's

and more fun to play...people have different opinions.i also find lol more fun to play and whenever i feel serious i go play dota and dota2
graphics is also a personal opinion.
oh about the community i have to say both r trash.both have whining arrogant kids.the fact that u have leavers in your games can be because of lowskill or lowpriority pool u r in cause i cant remember the last time i had a leaver in my team

so that's it
i hope at least i have enlightened u about some things u said cause of your lack of knowledge or hate about the game and showing u they r balanced

BUT
u can never make a dota player think the things that i list below r not imbalanced:
-a buff is given to whoever kills a unit in the jungle(blue golem)which grants INFINITE mana regen for a duration
-one can simply get things just as effective as items in the early stage in the store (runes) and having a bonus among other players which they dont have even though their skills r even(one lvl20 and one lvl19-cant get the same runes +runes r a must in the game one who doesn't get them is lower than others in his champ stats which makes him lane harder)
-one that has played a little more can access better sumonner spells +masteries which shows people r not equal in the game

Coaja94

24-08-2012

You lost me when you said denying creeps is stupid.

Walking Nuke

24-08-2012

First of all i allready said i am not a DOTA 2 hater
Second of all you cant do entire jungle with help of your team by pulling spawns...and it dota 2 still has the abuse of stacking ancients...meaing you pull 1 mob and you leave others there...and after small time new mobs spawn on top of old ones...you basicly get huge amout of gold from doing this
and i have no idea what is pulling creeps? srsly? I do it in every moba game i have when i am jungling!

completing the harrasment? srsly? dont you just hate it when you get denyed by some easy to play champ and than arent able to scale well into lategame?

I allready said you dont get much of a teamplay UNTILL mid/lategame when 5 vs 5 teamfights begin

Why would you want to kill your own troops? The reason why dota has creep deny is cause WC 3 allowed people TO KILL THEIR OWN TROOPS BY PRESSING A.

Everyone plays carry? are you serious? in any moba game carrys need a lot more kills/farm to do something in lategame
I hate it when i play as an agility carry and than some support champ comes in and takes the kill

There are only few champs that have more than 4 spells...and invoker is my second most favorite champ after jakiro(yes i like to play intelegence champs more than any other strengt/agility)
Yes i might not be a HARDCORE dota 2 player like you but i have played it for a year and a half and the original dota for even longer time and i still get the same feeling that Icefrog(developer of dota 2) just ctrl copyed his old map into a new game

And about patches....the spells themselfs need to be changed a bit rather than giving them some useless nerfs than you dotn even get to feel ingame

Low priority? dude some of my friends are very high lever players in dota 2 and they still get leavers ingame...just cause people know that if you die too many times you become USELESS considering the fact that you lose gold on death
which is what i like about dota 2 makes you more carefull but...srsly after surten amout of deaths people just quit cause they cant make a comeback...the only die more often...even if they are good players

Walking Nuke

24-08-2012

And strengt carrys have trouble laning? ok that is funny.....for example sven can literly go berserk on you
Stun you from long range than just beat you up!
I dont even want to bring up doombringer into this if you are marked with his ulti you are dead you cant do anything other than beg your team to help you out before you get destoyed by his AoE dmg and gess what you STILL DIE from doombringer even if your team comes in and helps! cause common? full silence? i cant even use my dam blink dagger to run away!

Outworld destroyer is easly killed if silenced yes...but a good OD will just w8 untill someone burns his silence an than comes in and MELTS your team with only his basic attacks/orb effect+ ulti if he pulls it off consider your team aced
I dunno thats what i do with OD at least and 90% of games i play with him are win just because my utli melts down even the tankiest champs
Rubick is allways fun to play love his ulti but the cd realy should be longer

Erufailon

24-08-2012

Can someone explain to me how one or the other game can require higher skills than another? I mean if you are skilled you get to the top of the bunch, if not then not, either way you'll play with similary skilled people. I find it illogical to say that you need to be more skilled in one game or another. Except if said game has a very bad teammaking feature, then you need to be skilled since you'll always play with skilled players. So are we saying DotA 2 has bad teammaking or what?

Oneirophrenia

24-08-2012

1: Intelligence heroes have usualy a very strong early game and a weaker end game, nothing wrong with this.
2:I remember wc3 heroes were made on a template that said agi kills int, int kills str and str kills agi.
3: barely any junglers in dota. Is that a problem?
4: Roshan relic overpowered. Compared to the team-wide buff you get from baron? Yeah....
5: fed carries is pretty much a gg in any moba, unless he cant carry properly.
6: No teamplay in early game. What game were you playing again?
7: remove denying. why? Its a perfectly valid addition to the game and it makes the game more competative.
meh, gonna stop now, Im starting to think I sound silly...

Efrath

24-08-2012

I like how OP does state that it's just his personal opinion and people are still like "OMG UR SO DUMB".

Dota has higher skill cap? Dunno, possibly. But it has a higher skill floor for sure as it's harder to start with as a new player than LoL.

This doesn't automatically mean LoL is casual and Dota is hardcore, just that they're 2 different games.

Meh V: