Garen remake

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CDfire

17-08-2012

Im here to discuss the so called Garen tweaks. As we all know, Phreak stated that Garen is an uncompetitive pick so they need to tweak him. Well, Ive tried Garen yesterday and in my opinion hes better now. I like the Q, i like the E, i like the ulti, i like the 30% tenacity on W, but i dont like the +20% armor and magic resist buff. You could get that old flat +25 buff like in no time, but now you need to have 126 Armor and Mr to get that old bonus. Okay, now you have an option to have even more flat bonus, but that just forces you to build pure tank items.

Also, I would like to share you item buils.

I thought of going something like this:

Mercury threads
Frozen Mallet
Maw of Malthortious
Randuins Omen

and Im not sure what next.

HighLanderPony

17-08-2012

I think he's better now. Not an absolute monster early, but now you can choose how you build him and excel in that role (bruiser, DPS, mix), without hitting rock bottom late game.

I personally like:

Merc's
Brut-> later Mog's or Randuin's
Mallet
IE
LW
GA

CDfire

17-08-2012

Yes, overall hes viable more now. The only thing that could need a tweak would be that 20% to lets say 25%. But im not sure if that wont make him OP

ErrorCode

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-08-2012

With those items, you'll end up with an even higher bonus overall. It's for scaling better into endgame.
IE on Garen? Are you...kidding or something?
I'd finish the build up with Atma + GA

CDfire

17-08-2012

Yeah, but Atma has been nerfed and i havent seen anybody using Atmas lately.

HighLanderPony

17-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeDerp View Post
With those items, you'll end up with an even higher bonus overall. It's for scaling better into endgame.
IE on Garen? Are you...kidding or something?
I'd finish the build up with Atma + GA
Atma's isn't as good as it used to be.

I get that a lot. OMG IE!

Well, if you have the cash, I'd say go for it. He's snowball reliant after all. An IE and a LW will give you all the damage you need. And since Q can crit and E has a crit bonus as well, I think it's the most bang for your buck.

He has a lot of defense built-in, so I prefer going more DPS to increase my threat level that way.

CDfire

17-08-2012

Ill play him more this weekend. Maybe Ill try him on rankeds aswell when Ill get used to the new one.

KermZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

17-08-2012

Well lower levels Garen is weaker now. Against weak enemy champions I usually towerdived at level 4 already but now turret hits a lot harder + the slow you get from E because going trough minions makes it too risky. This slow is the only thing i dont like about the remake.

My build is:
Boots of swiftness (which i later usually swap for mercury treads)
Brutalizer - usually swap it out for LW later or upgrade to ghosblade
Sunfire cape - health, armor, aoe damage
Atma
Warmogs/Frozen mallet
Force of nature/Thornmail

Samziel

17-08-2012

I'll probably go still
The Brutalizer
Ionian boots of ludicity
Depending on getting fed or the enemy team next I build:
Frozen Mallet OR Infinity edge
Frozen mallet/ IE (Which I left to build later)
Maw of Malmortius
GA or The Bloodthirster

Oxycoon

17-08-2012

Don't know what to think about new Garen, as I've only met one of them... and he lost us the game by only building tanky items (Mogs, Thornmail, Sunfire, GA, Merc treads and FoN). We had an ace and he was alone with the enemy nexus and the minions and he didn't manage to take it down before their team spawned and note that this was at level 18. He did 0 damage so the enemy team just ignored him all together, he had 0 peeling power and 0 ability to zone enemy carries.