Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Somkana

11-23-2012

I got adobe air error and i kicks me off ranked q and now i always wait at least 1 hour every day cuz i got banned. please help

hepokatti136

12-11-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDw1mEGObP0&feature=g-crec-u

Underworld 007

12-27-2012

Game keeps crashing (adobie Air stopped working randomly not on a specific situation (startup, waiting for a game , and most of all in Champion Selection) now here it gets annoying i stopped playing ranked due to how many times i have to wait..... plz fix this annoying bug

BlazingArcher

12-28-2012

I just bought a new pc that is: Acer aspire with windows 8. First i had issues with logging in and starting the launcher. When i got that fixed a new problem popped out, the very low fps in the game. I can play 1 minute with 50-60 fps and after that my screen goes black for a second and when it comes back my fps is 1-10. SO i really cant play. I really hope that theese bugs would be fixed, so i could play again. I have tried to fix those bugs but i cant.

Märkä Sion

01-02-2013

Hello there! I've had a Windows 8 PC with League of Legends for quite some time now, and after the latest patch I believe, things took a turn for the worse. I'm getting some very major FPS drops to under 10, and this seems to happen when you issue a lot of commands to characters. For example if I would push down the right mouse button and draw a few circles around my character, the FPS would drop to 1 and it would seem like the game takes a lot of time to process the command.
Previously I've been able to play the game with a very solid 60FPS, but now it's just jumping everywhere between 1-60 FPS, and playing the game makes my head hurt because of the inconsistent framerate.
And as I said, the game worked fine before the newest patch, and I also checked that there wasn't any fishy programs running on the background and all that

EDIT: I experimented with this issue a bit further, and found out that it's tied to my mouse cursor movement. I would have an FPS drop always when I move my mouse around the screen.. I don't know how is this even possible, but it would seem to have a huge effect on my framerate

L2Lasthit

01-03-2013

The game feels really unstable with the Windows 8. I've played 8 games with Win8 installed, during 5 of them the game has crashed mid game.

There is also a problem with the AIR client, as it crashes once for a while.
When I alt+tab to windows (for like a swap a song on grooveshark) while spectating or playing the game, there is big chance of Bug-Splatter notification to appear.

EDIT: Can't add the DxDiag as the filesize of DxDiag.txt (59kb) exceeds the limit of filesize on forums (19kb)

L2Lasthit

01-05-2013

UPDATE: Game got more stabile after yesterday's Window's critical updates (and I also updated the AIR client from the Adobe's site). Game is still crashing, but not as much as it used to be.

EDIT: Alt+tab still kills the game on every single time.
EDIT2: Changing video options also kills the game and pops bug splash error

EDIT3: How to fix: Change the video options to windowed straight from the configure file. Default path for the file is C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Config
Use a text editor (such as notepad or notepad ++) to change the Game.cfg file's line "Windowed=0" to "Windowed=1".
The game will start as windowed, but wont crash at alt tab anymore.

Trii Edge

01-06-2013

These last few days when i were in champion selection it just crashed it have happenet 3-4 times in 2 days. It annoying when i try to play ranked and it crash i have to wait 30 min sometimes 1 hour befor i can play.

CrawenHUN

01-10-2013

My biggest problem is that i cant run the downloader ... not even in compatible mode/modes.

RwkY

Recruiter

01-14-2013

I don't know if it's form windows or not, but the minimap always resize itself when starting a new game, or if not every 2-3 games.

Very annoying bug. Because sometimes it gets soo small.