Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Anodoin

Associate QA Analyst

08-14-2012

Hey, everyone,

With the release of Windows 8 coming up in the near future, we would like to know what issues may occur for users with Windows 8. Some of you may have tried League of Legends while previewing Windows 8, and we would love to hear about any new issues you experienced.

In general, these issues may include graphical distortion, issues with sound, poor interaction with other applications, crashes, or performance issues. (Server-side bugs such as problems with spell damage, mob behavior, etc. are not applicable here)

If you’ve experienced any of these issues on Windows 8, please create a bug report with “[Windows 8]” in its title and let us know the following things:

Detailed Description: (What you are experiencing)
Reproduction Steps: (What you did to get there – specific instructions are awesome, but we know that isn’t always possible. If you don’t know how you did it, please just give us as much detail as you can remember)
DxDiag: Please attach a DxDiag to your post (done by going to your command line and inputting “DxDiag” and then clicking “Save All Information”.)
r3dlogs: Please attach the r3dlog from the game where you experienced the issue. You can find them in (Your League of Legends Directory)\Logs\Game – R3d Logs\

If you get a BugSplat from a crash on a computer running Windows 8, please include [Windows 8] in the text of the comment field and let us know the ID Number of the submitted report.

Thanks for your help!

v1rtualz

10-03-2012

I have recently set a lot of windows 8 computers up and I always had lol client with me to see how it communicates with windows' metro interface. Windows 8 have a lot of screen-edged mouse "gestures" I'd say that seem to be caught by metro even if the client is running full screen. For example, moving the mouse on the left bottom corner of the screen, and use mouse click (right or left) metro's start menu pops up. The area that affects this is actually where "old" start menu button used to be and got replaced by the metro start spot(?)

Thelosouvlakia

10-09-2012

I think we should wait for the first official and full win 8 release, then we could start bughunting since a lot of problems are microsoft's instabilities.

EvilDozer

Recruiter

10-17-2012

Well, I think that we really shoud just stay with our seatbelts on, Windows 8 is not yet released, its beta in my opinion. I think there are other things we shoud fear of, like bugs on this LoL Skin Selector that I tried 1 time and totaly screwed some 5 skins and sometimes loading screens stops -.-.

P.S.: I heard the gaming on Windows 8 is not very bad for a beta, but some ppl do encounter problems, so even if its very soon to say something about Windows 8 bugs Anodoin please leave this thread open

Thanks a lot for the time you selected to read this, EvilDozer

CityBong

10-21-2012

ye a lot of bugs

dont know if its lol in general or windows 8 bugs

1. On game start, champion starts going at the top lane without me having the ability to stop it.. To fix it i must alt+tab then go back at lol and then everything is ok.
2. Just a second before the champion summoning thing, u know where u see 10 pictures of champions.. if before that screen u were typing it will imeddialty crash
3. After recconection to 2, i load the game and i see 5 empty spaces without any champion in it.. even i am missing.. recconnecting second time will fix
4. When summoning, u know where u see 10 pictures of champions, some times i just freezes. I mean someone was summoned 34% it will stay there until u alt+f4 and recconect

Zinfrim

10-29-2012

Thelosouvlakia +1

Aklama01

Recruiter

10-30-2012

Quote:
CityBong:
ye a lot of bugs

dont know if its lol in general or windows 8 bugs

1. On game start, champion starts going at the top lane without me having the ability to stop it.. To fix it i must alt+tab then go back at lol and then everything is ok.
2. Just a second before the champion summoning thing, u know where u see 10 pictures of champions.. if before that screen u were typing it will imeddialty crash
3. After recconection to 2, i load the game and i see 5 empty spaces without any champion in it.. even i am missing.. recconnecting second time will fix
4. When summoning, u know where u see 10 pictures of champions, some times i just freezes. I mean someone was summoned 34% it will stay there until u alt+f4 and recconect

I experienced 1 and 4 on win7 too, but very rarely. thrice at max each, over 2 years, so didn't report..

Mencos

Recruiter

11-04-2012

Hi guys, i also experienced "1. On game start, champion starts going at the top lane without me having the ability to stop it.. To fix it i must alt+tab then go back at lol and then everything is ok.", but also i had a very fatal bug.
I do not have champion select screen. No, really, just black screen, and i have it only on my notebook with windows 8. Just trying to enter any match - black screen. It can be cured only by re-install, and it works for one day ( i tried many things, trust me). It seems like some bug in frameworks, but I'm not sure... Can you fix it? It's really hard to reinstall LoL every day...

P.S. My dxdiag is 67KB, so I can't attach it, but if you link to authorised file sharer, i'll upload to it.
P.P.S. Still works fine on Windows 7 on another computer...

Nemonious

11-06-2012

The thing I experienced since getting Windows 8 is I never get the end game screen to show up after a finished match. I can't alt-tab it, and when I launch LoL again it says another instance is runing.
Other then that its fine really.

Wiggle Your Butt

11-13-2012

I can't play PBE on Windows 8, every time I get 100% loaded Bug splash comes...
Haven't tried on any other operating system though