who is better

Zyra 10 19.61%
Ahri 41 80.39%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Zyra or Ahri? Poll

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

emoKitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadiga View Post
Oh, I'm so sorry for that kind of stupid mistake ^^"
As I said I haven't played Zyra yet, so there are things that I won't know.
Already edited, thanks for pointing that out
np man

KiKOMK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Stay Free View Post
told u so...
who's harder to play and who's is more fun to play No Stay Free?

Shadiga

08-08-2012

Quote:
np man
I'm actually a girl :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiKOMK View Post
I'm not No Stay Free, but i hope you won't mind it much xP
I actually think Ahri is much more fun to play. Your ult is letting you for loads of combination while chasing after enemies. She is very mobile and can escape almost from anything.
Zyra is also fun, but she has to stay in one place to get full use of her plant turrets. She's harder to play than Ahri, because with Ahri you can just go everywhere, killing everyone when you have ult without that much thinking. Zyra needs much more planning and thinking like: ,,Should I plant this seed here?" or ,,Will i have enough time to turn this seed into plant so it'll deal good damage or slow for long enough?". You need to think about her delays. You don't have to do that with Ahri

emoKitten

08-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadiga View Post
I'm actually a girl :P
sorry np girl

Quote:
Quote:
with who i have more fun playing with , ahri or zyra?
Quote:
while laning with ahri, while teamfights with zyra
Ahri has 1 more damage spell, better ultimate for 1v1, zyra has awesome cc for teamfights...E is multitarget snare - everything who is hit is snared, R is AoE knockup. Ahri vs Zyra 1v1 ... dont want to tell me who will win or who will loose - both champions can run away ahri with R, zyra with landed E and R, only ahri can chase to leaving zyra with R so...I cant tell you things which depends on player's skill, experience, playstyle etc

pros and cons of both champs can be on long post..so maybe later on

EDIT: so here it is..
Ahri imho has better Q spell . Zyra AoE "small" circle - can hit enemy champions only if they stay close to each other, Ahri's Q is skillshot which can hit champions even if they stay behind others (what ranged champs often do..). Thanks to Ahri's passive your Q can help you to heal yourself and stay in the lane or fight for longer, thanks to its true part of damage the heal is not bad if you position yourself good to hit at least 3 minions (cos as it is not single target spell, it heals only for a 1/3 of dmg meaning it wasting if used for less than 3 targets).

Ahri's W is damage spell, Zyra's W is not damage spell - higher nuking for Ahri (note that to nuke someone you may not be CCed so 1v1 Ahri vs Zyra...unpredictable, the more if there are minions) Ahri's E has low duration slow, Zyra's E has that aoe snare so it can help you to leave a battle or to catch fleeing enemies. Combined with R you can disable some enemies from fight highly helping your team to win teamfights. Note that knockups cannot be cancelled as for example amumu's R by QSS etc...Ahri's R is damage only (with great mobility but even with this an ad carry with phantom dancer will catch you if there are not many walls in his path) spell so it will not help in teamfights as zyras knockup - to deal more damage to enemies and in the same time to receive less damage from enemies.

So...1v1 ZvsA...when zyra has great farm and has pretty high amount of AP, she would win, in lower levels zyra would be able to run to her turret after snaring Ahri. But you will not face only Ahri vs Zyra...Ahri is good, Zyra is good, Ahri is better to 1v1 vs enemies who doesnt have many CC and allows you to play offensively, Zyra wants you to play defensively with planning of incoming attack - it is not enough to kill an enemy just to pop every spell as for Ahri.

Who is more fun to play? Its hard do say and it depends everytime on your counter. Fun to play will make you every champion which will kill the other champion so Zyra is pretty fun to play when laning phase ends (just imagine all the catches and knocks while watching how that enemy is dieing) but Zyra requires more of defensive play from the beginning. If you are not supposed to play defensively, you will probbably dont like to play her at lower levels. But if you will play defensively, you can have great fun from incoming ganks - force your enemy champ to use flash and if his/her flash is on the cooldown, if you snare him, he cannot leave your jungler then..

I think Zyra is safer pick..but if you are too agressive, it is possible that you will not like her..

KiKOMK

Recruiter

08-08-2012

Quote:
Ahri has 1 more damage spell, better ultimate for 1v1, zyra has awesome cc for teamfights...E is multitarget snare - everything who is hit is snared, R is AoE knockup. Ahri vs Zyra 1v1 ... dont want to tell me who will win or who will loose - both champions can run away ahri with R, zyra with landed E and R, only ahri can chase to leaving zyra with R so...I cant tell you things which depends on player's skill, experience, playstyle etc

pros and cons of both champs can be on long post..so maybe later on

EDIT: so here it is..
Ahri imho has better Q spell . Zyra AoE "small" circle - can hit enemy champions only if they stay close to each other, Ahri's Q is skillshot which can hit champions even if they stay behind others (what ranged champs often do..). Thanks to Ahri's passive your Q can help you to heal yourself and stay in the lane or fight for longer, thanks to its true part of damage the heal is not bad if you position yourself good to hit at least 3 minions (cos as it is not single target spell, it heals only for a 1/3 of dmg meaning it wasting if used for less than 3 targets).

Ahri's W is damage spell, Zyra's W is not damage spell - higher nuking for Ahri (note that to nuke someone you may not be CCed so 1v1 Ahri vs Zyra...unpredictable, the more if there are minions) Ahri's E has low duration slow, Zyra's E has that aoe snare so it can help you to leave a battle or to catch fleeing enemies. Combined with R you can disable some enemies from fight highly helping your team to win teamfights. Note that knockups cannot be cancelled as for example amumu's R by QSS etc...Ahri's R is damage only (with great mobility but even with this an ad carry with phantom dancer will catch you if there are not many walls in his path) spell so it will not help in teamfights as zyras knockup - to deal more damage to enemies and in the same time to receive less damage from enemies.

So...1v1 ZvsA...when zyra has great farm and has pretty high amount of AP, she would win, in lower levels zyra would be able to run to her turret after snaring Ahri. But you will not face only Ahri vs Zyra...Ahri is good, Zyra is good, Ahri is better to 1v1 vs enemies who doesnt have many CC and allows you to play offensively, Zyra wants you to play defensively with planning of incoming attack - it is not enough to kill an enemy just to pop every spell as for Ahri.

Who is more fun to play? Its hard do say and it depends everytime on your counter. Fun to play will make you every champion which will kill the other champion so Zyra is pretty fun to play when laning phase ends (just imagine all the catches and knocks while watching how that enemy is dieing) but Zyra requires more of defensive play from the beginning. If you are not supposed to play defensively, you will probbably dont like to play her at lower levels. But if you will play defensively, you can have great fun from incoming ganks - force your enemy champ to use flash and if his/her flash is on the cooldown, if you snare him, he cannot leave your jungler then..

I think Zyra is safer pick..but if you are too agressive, it is possible that you will not like her..
i think i will buy ahri, cuz i play very off. and not a bit deff.

carcar

08-08-2012

Quote:
i think i will buy ahri, cuz i play very off. and not a bit deff.
Ahri needs mana i think becuse of her big mana skills

FreN

08-08-2012

I think Zyra better , cause hes new champion , but Ahri makes more damage , but I think with Zyra more fun.

KiKOMK

Recruiter

08-08-2012

guys builds for zyra and ahri?

Piroshka

09-08-2012

Ahriii!

D0omyD0om

09-08-2012

Haven't played Zyra yet (and she's nowhere near the top of my "want/have to buy" list), but played with and against her quite a few games. Her every laning against me as Ahri resulted in a quite unfed and gold denied Zyra.

All in all, if one stays away from Zyra's snare, her damage potential is lowered a lot (that applies to laning, not a teamfight). I think Ahri is better for early farming/harassment, because her Q has a great range (which means she can keep a safe distance) and wipes minions along the way (which means she pushes the lane). Of course, she is really mana starved if you spam abilities, so pots and/or Clarity are important for her.

In a teamfight Zyra is probably a safer pick (again, I've only watched her fight), due to wide AoE ulti with knockup. With Ahri I find it rather difficult to time my entering a teamfight. Go in too early, and she gets easily slaughtered (or you waste R to escape). Go late, and your frontline champs die, leaving you exposed. At best your late burst will be enough to finish enemies off, potentially resulting in negative attitude from dead temmates (not even counting fed opponents).

Also, R+E on Ahri is a good initiation for ganks. You can stay on a very spot-safe range and quickly close in and charm your target. Given a proper follow-up from your team, there's no escape. Works for chases as well (R enough times + long range E). Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but Zyra's chase capability seems pretty much limited to Flash/Ghost (assuming she is far enough for E/ulti to be an unreliable hit. And yes, I managed to dodge Zyra's poorly thrown ulti more than once, so it can be an "unreliable hit". I'm still wondering how it missed^^).