What Champion counters Diana?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stoneflyer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

Hi.

What Champion can deal with relative ease against Diana?
I play on Dominion mostly and i am getting my butt kicked quite hard, even tho i am a good dominion player.

Does anyone have experience on how to counter her?

InternGate

07-08-2012

Any other tanky bruiser.

Migotliv

07-08-2012

Depends if you need to win a 1v1 duel or in bigger teamfights. If in Dominion it'll probably be more 1v1 or at most 2v2, so...

I'd probably try Nocturne against her. She needs to get close, and that's where you're deadliest too, your W absorbs one of her skills, your E will interrupt her combos, and your R has much better utility map-wise (really Noct is such a beast in Dominion, cutting off almost-taken points, I wonder why people don't play him more). Also you can build Odyn's Veil / Maw of Malmortius / Witt's End to counter her raw AP damage and round out your own offensive build.

Kassadin is worth a try too, you can Silence her, multi-flash away, and your passive heavily reduces magic damage, which is Diana's main form of damage.

I wonder if Leona and Diana don't happen to lock down each other. XD Depends on M Res to AP ratio maybe. Leona has enough CC to cut off Diana and let her allies focus her down. That'll be better on Summoner's Rift too, obviously.

Stoneflyer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-08-2012

Nocturne seems hard to pull off since its hard to predict a 1,5 second spell block. Her burst combo is so short that the E wont do much interupt i think.
Maybe if you can get her after the initial damage burst.

The problem as i see it, is when she starts getting her cooldown reduction, her combo can come very often. (I assume its level 18 in the example).

Her E is about 4 seconds. Magic Damage: 260 (+0.8 per ability power)
Her W shield takes seconds in melee to consume. Maximum Magic Damage: 252 (+0.6 per ability power)
Her R damage is around 7 seconds. Magic Damage: 220 (+0.6 per ability power)

So from what i see, she can do 950 flat magic damage in her combo, not counting her bonus ability power or resistances.
She looks like a beast when it comes to dealing damage, so i assume getting some heavy magic resist is a must to deal with her?

Her W shield worries me. Is have 6 seconds cooldown and last for 4 seconds. The shield strength is: 155 (+0.4 per ability power) and if she stays in melee range, that shield refreshes very fast, giving her a new shield with the same value. Making it a total of 310 shield absorb + 0,8 AP ratio. Assuming she have around 500 ability power, that shield quickly absorbs 700 damage every 6 seconds.
So to deal with it, i gonna need to dash out enourmous damage in burst!

I want to counter this champion. Its beyond my wildest belives that a Champion is released that will be game breaking.
So what champion can you build high magic resist on and still do great burst damage to penetrate that big shield of Diana?

The only weakness i can see Diana have, is that she do not have any escape tools.

What do you guys think?

iHearNoobs

08-08-2012

today i was playing vs diana with MUNDO and i was PWNing diana she could do nothing i had 4k hp at level 11 and she was 14 and still i win maybe s/he is noob

Stoneflyer

08-08-2012

Hmm, i have not tested with Mundo yet. I will give it some tries.

ElManyak

08-08-2012

Jax and Darius counter everyone for sure.... I think Talon and Fizz counter her.

Stoneflyer

08-08-2012

Ive had a few Darius players on my team and they got humiliated by her. I dont own him myself, so i cannot test it.

Tholdrinn

08-08-2012

I played Diana quite a lot today so as far as I can tell.. CC pretty much rapes her. Meaning - Leona is a perfect counter. You can do a lot of dmg.. but once she catches you.. you're dead meat.

Also - since she is dependent on casting skills frequently single silence from soraka, fiddle, leblanc or kassadin can really hurt.

Ruthless Nutella

08-08-2012

Leona counters Diana? What a coincidence with the lore! O_O