Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Tournament Code and Custom Game Pause features

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RiotMarcou

eSports Manager

08-01-2012

As the scope of our eSports community and tournaments grows, new tools and features for tournament play will be making their way into League of Legends. We wanted to give you the low-down on two features being rolled out into the live game that will bring some quality-of-life changes to the tournament scene – Tournament Code and Tournament Draft Custom Game Pause.

Tournament Code is a feature which allows third-party organizers to easily set up, host, and record results for League of Legends matches! We have seen a major influx of large scale one-day tournaments, like ESL’s Go4LoL tournament series with up to 7,500 Summoners participating globally each Sunday. We know you love these events, and now we’ve made it so much easier to participate.

Here’s how to use a Tournament Code:

- Go to “Tournament Code” mode under Custom Game in the play-game-flow, then paste in the Tournament Code you received from the match organizer when prompted.

- Play the Match. The Tournament Code will automatically drop you into the right match lobby, records the stats and settings, and report the results and line-up to the match organizer. No fuss, no muss.

If you want to try the Tournament Code in action, head on over to ESL’s Go4LoL portal to see a schedule of upcoming tournaments. And don’t be surprised if you see this feature popping up elsewhere in the future.

Another feature that we rolled out previously, Custom Game Pause is a set of commands that allows players to pause and un-pause the game. This feature is only available in Tournament Draft Custom Games. The commands to use the pause feature are, as you might have guessed, /pause and /unpause.

Good luck, Summoners, and be sure to keep checking back for information on new features coming to the competitive scene!

Baldoro

08-01-2012

That is really nice.

TheOracleDK

08-02-2012

Yeah really nice features
But I still have one question, do you ever want to implement the pause function to ranked games? Solo queue or 5v5?

Pierre Luc

Recruiter

08-02-2012

Is it live on EUNE ? I don't see that option in-game.

Rinion

08-02-2012

Brilliant feature!

LamB000

Recruiter

08-04-2012

I have only one question ...
How can i get tournament code? I couldn't find it anywhere
Pls tell me some information from this.
Thanks!

GamingGear EU

08-05-2012

Quote:
LamB000:
I have only one question ...
How can i get tournament code? I couldn't find it anywhere
Pls tell me some information from this.
Thanks!

The core features of the Tournament Code are:

Automated result reporting
Join match lobbies by entering the code shown on the ESL match page
Match lobbies are always created with the correct settings
Lineups are transmitted automatically to ESL
Players playing with the wrong summoner will be marked automatically
Rematches can be played instantly by rejoining the lobby

So how does it work?

Tournament Code is easy to use! Simply copy the Tournament Code to your League of Legends client. The client will automatically put you into the match lobby with your opponents and the correct match settings. After the match, the League of Legends client reports the match result and the lineups of both teams to the ESL.

Step 1: Copy the Tournament Code from the ESL match page

Only players from both teams and ESL tournament admins can see a match's Tournament Code. You no longer need to add opponents to your friends list or to open a match with a password and to share it with the other players.

Step 2: Paste the Tournament Code from the ESL match page

When creating a custom game, use the Tournament Code mode under custom game to be able to enter the code. The client will automatically put you into the match lobby with your opponents and the correct match settings. Every player that enters the code will join the same match.

Step 3: Play your match

Step 4: All done

After the match ends, the result is automatically reported to the ESL, including the lineups of both teams. In case a player played with a wrong or outdated Summoner Name, this will be also shown on the matchsheet. Make sure you have always your most recent Summoner Name added to your ESL profile!

You can play with the Tournament Code out in all of our upcoming cups like Go4LoL or Champions Club.

Enjoy.

dark summmoner

Recruiter

08-07-2012

who i get the code

LeSiNaR

Recruiter

08-28-2012

it would be veeeeeery nice if we could spectate tournament games ...:just copy code in some specific spot in custom settings and spectate it without delay...

Waxik16

10-14-2012

nice