Garen vs Darius

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoobSayBott

01-08-2012

Hey guys I have a silly question but really I am getting pissed at this darius champ.
Recently I started playing garen and i heard he counters darius. So until lvl 8 hje did. After that the enemy darius bought armor items and I failed to do any dmg to him...So i died 3 times in a row. Rly nothing I can do even with a fast brutalizer agains 160 armor.
Can you tell me how can I possible beat darius with garen or in other words where is the secret

Thank you

AresVII

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

ok!lets see this!darius is a huge dmg dealer champ with no escape mechanism and no sustain in lane!so ganks can preety much ruin him hard!also to counter him as champ play malphite!he ruins him completely as yorick and kennen does(kennen dont get apprehend)! this is my advices as a 2100 elo player!i hope helped you

LastPioneer

01-08-2012

i strongly disagree with the respectful player above me , thus leading me in stating my opinion .
Yes, ganks help with all kinds of situations and champions and yes darius like many champs dont have escape mechs which makes him susceptible to ganks , but dont forget that a good top player will have ghost/flash and wards , anyway , i dont believe you can counter darius with kennen simply because of the burst darius can get into such a squishy target . yorick is a good choice due to the sustain yet he has mana problems , i believe that a good counter would not be any specific champion rather than a causious player who knows the champions' limits and knows "when to pull and when to push" , add a halpful jungler and there you have it.

LastPioneer

01-08-2012

this is a follow up to my previous message ,
should you see your enemy snowballing in a lane either its because he has more kills , cs score or both you can no longer contain him thus making it futile to maintain your lane , you should either let him take down your turret or take his turret down , either way mainly becuase you fell behind during the laning phase you should aim at ending it as fast as possible , after that you should try farming in your respectful jungle/lane and freezing it , combined with gold per second items and you ll be as alright as you can be considering your current state of things

LastPioneer

01-08-2012

lets summurize the "secrets "
1 he s a mana champ therefore no mana = no spells = no damage
2 no escape mechs = susceptible to ganks
3 long early game cooldowns easy to capitalize on them
4 avoide stacking his passive ( remember! it deals magic damage )
5 if he misses the apprehend he s unable to return damage to champs like swain or other ranged/poke champs
6 consider taking champs that are agile like riven who can deal tons of damage up close ( where darius's Q deals less damage ) and can escape with shields and dashes and comes equipped with a stun.
7 a good counter that i consider agains a darius is vlad, it works for me , i sit back , poke , play along with my cd's and if i get caught... meh i ll just pool away

NoobSayBott

01-08-2012

So in general Garen is not considered to be his counter?

LastPioneer

01-08-2012

hmm i used to play garen in top lane let me thinl it out ,
no i d say because for garen to deal damge he ll have to come close up n personal , never do that unless you have means of escaping ( riven,vlad)

but it all comes down to how the game will go , what i said above are only a few big or small differences that will make your laning phase more pleasant , generally all my darius encounters with me as riven i suggest 3 core items
1= tabi
2= lantern
3=hexdrinker

edit no.3 you can add me in the client and play a few games if you want
have a good *night* ( i was going for day )

TENEV

13-10-2012

hmm ys Garen counters Darius but our Garen player really need to be good.

Dilbo Teabaggins

13-10-2012

Stat and toolkit wise, Garen should be able to hold his grounds well against Darius, even perhaps winning. Garen has more sustain in form of better tankiness and passive, while Darius has damage, decent tankiness, but he comes with mana..

!!WARNING!! Now I'm going to start typing a wall of text, probably to my own enjoyment since no one likes walls of texts.

Darius has his Q, with sweet spot on the outer range that does the damage now and there
Garen has his E- Spintowin that crits, scales well with AD damage and keeps on shredding for awhile

Darius' passive causes dots on attacks, dealing magic damage
Garen's passive kicks in out of combat and gives him helluva regan.

Darius has his W that brings a slow and enhances his next AA
Garen has his W which is a potent shield, both in terms of its passive and its active (percentally raised Armor and MR, Damage and CC reduction)

Darius has his E, which brings whopping 25% armor penetration as passive and grants short-range, AoE pull
Garen has his Q that can crit, enhances next auto-attack.. and silences enemy.

Darius' ulti does true damage, gets bonus damage stacks of passive, making it a finisher
Garen's ulti does damage based on how much health enemy is missing, making it a finisher

It's all about proper runes and how to engage Darius as Garen. If we assume both are lvl 6 thus full toolkit on their disposal

Garen could run in with his Q for pre-emptive strike with W actived, to take less damage when Darius uses his Q, commence with silence and slice away with E while Darius can only AA back for the duration of silence. Then depending on the trade, Garen can either stay and fight or run away. If he runs, Darius probably has his W and E ready to bring Garen back to the fray and slow him down.
Then it's just a matter of who's tankier, who rotates their spells better and who has better damage.
Not to mention, if both get considerably low, the winner is decided by who tosses their R first

Alternatively, Garen could bait Darius to use his E to initiate trading, thus blowing the escape denier incase Darius wins the trade, staying close 'till Darius wasted his Q or just finishing it right htere.