Garen useless late game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoobSayBott

01-08-2012

I hear and read ppls talking how Garen is bad late game so I decided to play him (before that i literally have played him like 2 times when I was low level).
The result was 10 wins oout of 10 games with no match for me top lane - even irelia, jax and darius could not stop me. I playe dnormal games ofc and I can understand that my opponents
probably were bad but at the same time I am noob with Garen too.
Every single game I build first sunfire and force of nature as first items and I feel unstoppable esp with w active.
And late game - there is nothing could stop me silence their ap carry and push their ad carry in general.
While I admit that garen is stronger early game he is definetly not useless late game...
At least imo
Any other opinions?

Plättbagarn

01-08-2012

He is not useless, he is easily countered, there's a difference.

NoobSayBott

01-08-2012

10 -1 now but still

ElManyak

01-08-2012

^ I like your name , reminds me of mk :P Noob Saibot is da best brah.

Vissarion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

that ulti is the thing

Lorichon

01-08-2012

The only bad thing with Garen late is that he is easily kited. You can't do your job (which is to stick to the carry like bees to honey) before you die because of a lack of a gap closer. Other bruisers do not have this issue (Jayce, Lee Sin, Olaf (Has no gap closer but has defensive steroid and cannot be kited), Shyvana) and so on. it's the same reason udyr is bad late, too. They aren't weak, though.

0BehindYou0

01-08-2012

Garen is like darius if is well played with

0gris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

He can snowball pretty heavily if you get fed, which you kind of can because, hey, you're Garen. But the main issue is that you've got 0 instant gap closers, provided the enemy team comp doesn't suck you're just gonna get stunned and bursted(if you build damage), or just not really going to do much but press ulti on the random guy with low HP (going tanky).

He's just as good as any other top really... It's just that he's "that good" in a more limited set of situations, his lategame is alright.

Aga Wojownik

01-08-2012

1. Garen is beast early. But for that, you don't rush Sunfire, but get damage, then decide on what's next needed thing. 2 Doran's and brutalizer do the job. Couple of other items as well. That's why you pick him.
Basically, unless enemy gets full armor runes, cloth armor and then chain vest, you'll be ripping him to pieces. Just for that Garen is useful, he forces champs to build armor, even though many of them would go another route (Olaf has no use for armor early, compared to health, etc).

2. He is weaker in teamfights. He's got no aoe CC. But he usually gets fed or denies the enemy. No one is "useless" in late game. Some are stronger, but it depends on many factors. Plus player skills. Caitlyn is much weaker late game, compared to Tristana, who's uber carry for late, but that doesn't mean that Cait's team automatically will lose.

To sum up, he can't fill up some roles that team can expect from him (love those tards shouting AMG GAREN GO TANK, which would result in 0 lane presence and 0 teamfight damage past 15 minutes mark, not to mention common courtesy of minding your own f***ing business, instead of instructing someone since first seconds of the match). If you've got someone like Fiora, Riven, Yi or Karthus jungle, you shouldn't pick Garen as he's not tanky enogh. What I mean, not enough health, defensive stats *and* skills scaling off defence/having huge cc impact.
You need beefier jungler for him to work well also later on. But except for that... only metasheep will call him useless. After all #25 top elo players don't play him, so HE MUST BE USELESS, right?

HighLanderPony

01-08-2012

Garen can be a brick wall or a nice carry murderer. I think his silence is really good, no matter what. I personally like him with some AD. Mallet and Last whisper, and Infinity if you're fed enough. That way you aren't ignorable, even late.