How to counter Zyra: List of counters.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EvilJulik

30-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTs HaxXor View Post
Yeah ofc. And dont forget that 90% of the heros you listed dont have any CC and are not even AP.
Really cool to counter an AP MID CARRY with a TopLine Champ.

Dont forget to say, that Twitch and Eve counters her. They can go invi and Zyra cant.
Dont forget to say, that Blitz counters her. He can look like a car, Zyra cant.
And DONT forget to say, that Trundle counters her. He can rise mountains, Zyra cant.

Really good reasons why Zyra is countered by any champ!
Learn to read the title, sir. Counter on lane and in team-fights. Thanks.

The Smith of Lie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-07-2012

Has anyone tried LeBlanc against her? She seems like a good counter. Zyra is rather squishy which makes her a good target for burst mages in general. With Distortion LeBlanc can cut distance and move fight away from Zyra's plants. Mimicked Sigil of Silence is fast enough to prevent most or even whole of Zyra's combo when you go in for a kill.

Darth Aladar

30-07-2012

Kassadin should definitely be added to the list. Kinda obvious that one.

And although I haven't tried it yet, I think a Talon mid would win the lane vs Zyra as well.

EvilJulik

30-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Smith of Lie View Post
Has anyone tried LeBlanc against her? She seems like a good counter. Zyra is rather squishy which makes her a good target for burst mages in general. With Distortion LeBlanc can cut distance and move fight away from Zyra's plants. Mimicked Sigil of Silence is fast enough to prevent most or even whole of Zyra's combo when you go in for a kill.
LeBlanc is good prior Zyra dings level 3, after that she is heavily punished by root and ranged plants.

I played as Zyra against many LeBlancs, but they all fall off after level 3, and become almost completely useless after Zyra's 6. I do admit, I was killed once on level 2 with unexpected burst from LeBlanc. ;D

Preventing Kassadin suggestion:

Kassadin doesn't directly counters Zyra. He will suffer a lot prior to level 6, and after that Zyra just outfarms him like crazy, and can poke him from a safe range, so, without ganks Kassadin vs Zyra is just a passive farm-festing lane after level 6.

EvilJulik

30-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Aladar View Post
Kassadin should definitely be added to the list. Kinda obvious that one.

And although I haven't tried it yet, I think a Talon mid would win the lane vs Zyra as well.
Answer:

Quote:
Preventing Kassadin suggestion:

Kassadin doesn't directly counters Zyra. He will suffer a lot prior to level 6, and after that Zyra just outfarms him like crazy, and can poke him from a safe range, so, without ganks Kassadin vs Zyra is just a passive farm-festing lane after level 6.
Talon struggles even more than Kassadin, and Zyra will most likely kill him. I laned vs at least 5 Talon the last 2 days, all of them lost the lane, farm, and were killed.

DRMBIvanBG

30-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilJulik View Post
Well, you're not expecting me to place a Xin Zhao on mid versus Zyra, now do you?

Melee champs with gap-closers and knock-ups destroy her in team fights, where she has to unleash her combos on multiple enemies, so I assure you that, for example, if Zyra is standing near a Wraith camp and the 5v5 fight broke out somewhere between the river and Wraiths, she will unleash her combos into the river and onto the first initiator (remember, plants prioritize the closest target to them or those who are auto attacked by Zyra, I doubt that she will be able to land a basic attack on the enemy carry), meaning that she won't be having any seeds for good 10 seconds, now Xin Zhao just jumps on her and destroys her, because she used all of her burst on the initiator.
Well that goes for almost all Mages doesn't it? It all depends on positioning. If Zyra keeps her distance she has enough range to stay in the back line and unleash her combo before she dies... At least that has been happening with me. Yes If I get focused and forget to move back I will die easy..

EvilJulik

30-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMBIvanBG View Post
Well that goes for almost all Mages doesn't it? It all depends on positioning. If Zyra keeps her distance she has enough range to stay in the back line and unleash her combo before she dies... At least that has been happening with me. Yes If I get focused and forget to move back I will die easy..
Yeah, positioning is gold. But the fact is I've seen a lot of Zyra's destroyed the second after she unleashes her combo, primary Shyvana, which jump on her the second her ulti starts to grow, I guess, and flash + jump + knockup + ult Xin Zhao destroy her in 3 hits. She is extremely weak against tanks with knock-ups, slows and AoE damage, which doesn't require aiming.

DRMBIvanBG

30-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilJulik View Post
Yeah, positioning is gold. But the fact is I've seen a lot of Zyra's destroyed the second after she unleashes her combo, primary Shyvana, which jump on her the second her ulti starts to grow, I guess, and flash + jump + knockup + ult Xin Zhao destroy her in 3 hits. She is extremely weak against tanks with knock-ups, slows and AoE damage, which doesn't require aiming.
True I also had a shyvana jumping on me but ult and 2 seeds is more than enough for Zyra to do decent dmg, and after you die you have the passive, that also deals decent dmg. So I think Zyra has great teamfight if played right of course.

Celadrieth

30-07-2012

Zyra's counter are (In order of best counter pick)

Talon, Ahri, Fizz, LeBlanc, Akali, Veigar, Malzahar, Kassadin and Galio.

Any champion with Gapclosers and Mobility counter her extremely well.

EvilJulik

30-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairyshannon View Post
Zyra's counter are (In order of best counter pick)

Talon, Ahri, Fizz, LeBlanc, Akali, Veigar, Malzahar, Kassadin and Galio.

Any champion with Gapclosers and Mobility counter her extremely well.
Talon, Fizz, Kassadin, Akali will suffer a lot before level 6 versus a Zyra, she can zone them pretty successfully even after 6 and on anyone besides Kassadin she can score an easy kill, vs Kassadin she just will be safe to farm.

Ahri is weak against any CC that locks her in place and prevents from using Spirit Rush. Considering that Zyra will be build tanky early on and Ahri and LB will be glass cannon with no early sustain (Ahri partly no sustain), Zyra won't have any troubles with them after level 3.

Veigar will be zoned before he can approach Zyra.

Malzahar will be punished as soon as he tries to come a little bit closer.