best runes for ap or ad carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poison Vali

25-06-2012

I have problem with buying the right runes for ap and ap carry ('couse mostly I play champions like that). Some of player laughed at my runes. I've bought them qickly and didn't think troughly, so if anyone have suggestion how to make some general ap or/and ad rune page.

Ep1c1337d00d

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-06-2012

AP Carry rune page :

Marks : Magic Penetrarion
Quints : Flat AP
Seals : Mana regen/lvl OR AP/lvl
Glyphs : AP/lvl OR Flat AP

AD Carry rune page :

Marks : Flat AD OR Armor Penetrarion
Seals : Flat Armor
Glyphs : Flat Magic Resist OR Magic Resist/lvl
Quints : Flat AD OR Armor Penetrarion

Abyssraider

26-06-2012

^^ great answer. you just miss flat mana regen that maybe kind of compulsory on some ap champs and maybe Magic resist glyphs for fizz or lb match up.

emoKitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

26-06-2012

runes are differet for every player as someone like better playstyle A, another one would like better playstyle B so runes will differ player to player also.

Some players would prefer for AD carry penetration runes for having a little bit more damage in late game, some players would prefer flat AD runes because of last hitting minions. Even if I have now penetration runes, I'll change them for flat AD as it will suit my playstyle better and with propper item set (also your items makes your runes stronger or weaker if you choose the good or the bad setup of items - note that items should be different according to your opponents and their item sets so even this would change the strength of runes also - but theese changes are not so great).

So my suggestion would be a bit different to above posters:

AD - you can use them not only for AD carry but also for a solotop fighter and a jungler until you will have enough IP to buy the best setups for each role for your playstyle.
Marks: Flat AD helping you to last hit minions while laning (imagine if you need to cover those 50 HP or 80 HP etc milestone..you will not be under so big pressure if you can lasthit minions better and you can focus on another things better like trading damage with your opponents, wathing map etc)
Glyphs: Magic Resistance per Level - as AD carry you will probbably play versus another AD carry so MR/Lvl runes will give you more resistance than flat ones when you will need that once laning phase will end.
Seals get flat Armor as they will help you to mitigate some damage while trading with your opponent
Quints flat AD again.
for jungler you will want also some penetration and depending on champion (im talking now about champions like nocturne, lee sin etc, not maokai etc as he would use another runes) replace MR runes for AS runes etc.
for AD carry you can have also some penetration or only penetration runes to do true damage to enemy carry but you will be more under the pressure with last hitting minions

AP
glyphs flat AP
Quints flat AP..both for increasing your damage
marks magic penetration to increase your early damage with greater impact than flat AP runes
seals I would take flat magic resistance as you will probbably fight versus another AP champion so theese resistance runes would help you to negate the enemy penetration runes which would have the biggest impact on magic damage in early game.

But all of those sets are situational..for example this AP runes would be worse than rune set with some armor runes if you will fight versus Talon for example as he deals physical damage and is used on mid versus AP players sometime.

PraetorianX

27-06-2012

AP
marks - magic pen
seals - mana regen (flat or per lvl its a personal preference)
glyphs - magic res (again flat or per lvl)
quints - flat AP
Thеse are the standart runes for most mages. You can play almost every mage vs every mage with that setup.
For more dmg u can change the glyphs and/or the seals with AP/lvl.
Magic resistance glyphs are must have versus burst or spammy champions (LB, Karthus, Cassiopeia for example).
I dont like and understand AD carry so i cant help you.

Snoppiz

27-06-2012

Meh just go Armor pen reds, Flat armour yellow, Ad/armor blues and flat ad quints for ad, Magic pen reds, Magic res yellow and blue then flat ap quints.