why do people smurf?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DignityLoo

16-06-2012

sup guys, why do people smurf ^^

Stoneflyer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-06-2012

I guess they like tiny blue creatures?

Zuza Beauty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

16-06-2012

There's a high chance that you will encounter another smurf account and can compete with good players on lower stats. Obviously, some champions are good to nothing without full rune page and 30 skill points. Also, you can try various meta builds (if whole team is premade) and see if it is working.
Ok. One may tell, you can do the same on main account. True, but it doesn't affect stats? And you can see incredibly bad examples of AP Tryndamere and such without having a feeling that your main account get affected...

TL;DR: Actually there's is no good reason. Why do some guys dress as lobsters and run downtown yelling "CRAB WALKERS GOT SUSAN!"? No idea. Same for smurf accounts here.

Felix42

16-06-2012

Reason number 1: For pwning noobs.
Reason number 2: For testing horrid builds without annoying level 30'ies, or while owning anyway.
Reason number 3: Refer a friend rewards.
Reason number 4: To troll without getting banned on main
Reason number 5: To sell on ebay.
Reason number 6: To be able to play when banned/locked out of queue or to play when extremely hungover, without causing a lot of anger.

I'm sure there's more reasons.

Edit:
Reason number 7: Playing with beginner friends
Reason number 8: Getting an account on 2nd server, to play with friends or similar.
Reason number 9: To test new champs before playing them on the main account

ImZyzzBrah

Recruiter

16-06-2012

i sometimes smurf when i cant be bothered playing 2 serious and just wanna play against noobier opponents. but all in all, i always come to the same conclusion, playing draft / ranked against level 30's is much more fun.