Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Tribunal Reward.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thamorun

06-13-2012

Hello summoners,

I was thinking for some time about the reward that is given through voting in the Tribunal. As many of us know, there are lots of people who spread hatred and negative emotions using verbal abuse or simply destroying whole games just because they can. This kind of attitude, when faced often affects us to some extend and makes us, the players, become increasingly frustrated, consequently leading us to reveal our bad sides. From this point we pass our anger to others.
A vicious circle.

What is more, most of bad-tempered players do not believe that the Tribunal works and despite their constant misbehaviours they've never been banned. They just keep laughing at the system, ignoring it, keeping their attitudes. This is unbelieveable.

Going to the point, I was wondering if the change of the Tribunal's reward would improve the whole banning system. By 'change' I mean increasing the reward of IP received or changing it to RP. Well, we all know that players are supposed to buy them with real money BUT what if a summoner could get 1 RP for each case solved? That's a maximum of 15 RP per day, 150RP per 10days of work (could be lowered). What would it result with? More players would come to Tribunal to vote, they would be more focused to choose the right button (Punish/Pardon/Skip) so they don't lose their reward. Besides, as an additional effect, 'Please 5RP' threads would dissapear.

Last, but not least, what about creating a 'ladder' system? Players who are more accurate with their votes get a higher reward, this seems to be attractive. Moreover, players who would reach let's say 85% of accuracy in 500 votes, could decide about certain player receiving a final punishment (no more than three days ban). This might sound crazy, but I believe that's a solution to some extend.

To sum up, I believe that the Tribunal should be improved, by in-depth change to make it more alluring to players and well-working.

I do not want players to get insta perm ban, but they should be minor-punished to see that the Tribunal actually works very well. Why? To be honest, I used to rage and quarrel with people until the time I got banned. Since that time my attitude changed and it helped my to see that my behaviour (no matter if it was right or wrong) was something BAD for the community as a whole.

Thanks for reading it or just scanning the text, I hope for constructive discussion.

EDIT: Keep in mind, that all those values(reward/punishment) can be changed, they were given for instance.

Desola7e

06-13-2012

I wont comment on your entire post but the part about cheating the system.

Last 30 cases i got, around 25 are bad language/disruptive game play. Just give it time, there are people working on these cases.

Justice is slow but you cannot hide from it.

Microwawe

Recruiter

06-13-2012

They have said that they will never implement a RP reward system to Tribunal...if you want to get skins you'll have to support Riot and buy RP.

Sagramor de Zyn

06-14-2012

RP reward system in my opinion is a very bad idea. A lot of people would start Tribunal to get RP, instead to make a better place, than a lot of spam and incorrect vote would arrive.

Combine with the ladder system would be the worst nightmare what can I imagine. What if I say, a ton of robot's and spamers join the Tribunal for RP and they vote only for punish, after a while the "good guys" would be less accurate cause they vote with reason, so the spamers would get the better rewards.

But I have to say, that the system is not efficient enough. I don't know that too many "bad guys" or not enough "good guys" in the system. It's true that too many not wanted players are out there, and it's annoying now in the most of time to play. (I remember when I started to play, on the most games even with the worst score it was a good loose, cause the other players behaved well, good chat's throw the game even with enemy team. Nowdays even if I score very good and win the most of the games are not the best cause teammates spaming flaming the most of the time.)

About the minor bans. I think it would be a good idea to make more small bans. Maybe more people will think about how to play. But in the other hand the second problem is about the people who's reporting, a lot of time people didn't report when it's needed (like last week in one of the games, a teammate trolled and flamed all game, but when we finished, 3 other teammates instant left the lobby, so 100% they didn't report) or they spam reports cause they can.

Thamorun

06-14-2012

@Desola7e The point is that the system is working too slow because of the insane amount of the reports

@Microwawe I've already got some skins, I don't care about them much, that's why I proposed either increase IP reward OR RP. 5 IP per correct vote is not rewarding at all, that's why not much people go vote

@Sagramor de Zyn People would do their best to vote correctly (correct vote- reward, incorrect vote- u get nothing). I am not sure about the accuracy because we NEVER know about outcome of each case (we don't know if we voted right in a particular case) so it's hard to predict how the system would work. Still I say that responsible players should have more impact on the Tribunal, if not by giving short bans to bad-behaving players, then by giving some other MINOR punishments, such as reduction of IP for certain amount of time (let's say punished summoners would get 50% of IP for few days).
As I said I was banned and I've changed my attitude, so it actually works. But anyways, the amount of ragers is INSANE, playing LoL nowaydays leads you to frustration.

I had some matches where people were trolling a bit or feeding(not intentionall) but they had a great attitude, sense of humour and made our play FUN and interesting despite the fact we losed hard. I wish every match was filled with positive emotions.

Thank you for your replies

Sagramor de Zyn

06-14-2012

Quote:
Thamorun:

@Sagramor de Zyn People would do their best to vote correctly (correct vote- reward, incorrect vote- u get nothing). I am not sure about the accuracy because we NEVER know about outcome of each case (we don't know if we voted right in a particular case) so it's hard to predict how the system would work. Still I say that responsible players should have more impact on the Tribunal, if not by giving short bans to bad-behaving players, then by giving some other MINOR punishments, such as reduction of IP for certain amount of time (let's say punished summoners would get 50% of IP for few days).
As I said I was banned and I've changed my attitude, so it actually works. But anyways, the amount of ragers is INSANE, playing LoL nowaydays leads you to frustration.

Well at this time I can't agree with you 100%. The reason why, if you put RP reward or more IP reward than, someone would make a program what vote instead of you (It wouldn't be hard, it's about 2 hours from scratch). That program can run in the background so every day it can vote without your help. Next step to avoid the punish spam detector (if is there any), a random vote (but more likely punish), 2 second to implement in the program. Than the next step is check the chat log, if there some words in it like sewering, or common punishable sentence than vote punish (make the words dictionary, and implement is about 5 min). Spam detector in the program about is 2 min. Basically now you made a Program roughly 2 and a half hour, and you get a lot of good vote. if you go even far, you can take 2-4 weeks to make some statistics about intentional feeding and other things to make some statistic in your program, than it's even more accurate. you can make some other implementation with function's to make your program to pardon more, like check if the others started to flame the reported player before and the reported didn't flame that much after (2-3 chat line than nothing). It's even "fallow" the summoner's code then. I would say that program would vote 70-85% accurate after all the implementation (maybe more).

So if you make RP reward for it, with 60% accurate voting, 9RP per day, 63 RP per week, 3276 per year. And the only income for Riot is RP.

Well honestly if they would implement RP reward system I would even make this program and sell it on the Internet . In this case make the calculation for this as well. Let's say 4 Euro for the program, after all the vat, energy, other fees, and coffee, 2 Euro for me. I would say at least 1000 People would buy it (cause I make it compatible for all the servers), it's already 2000 Euro for 2-3 day job (including playing studding and working for my employer). After this for bigger changes in tribunal another 2 Euro fee for who already bought the game. I thing after this you got the my idea about make bigger rewards for Tribunal.

Oh yes, and I would implement some other stuff as well like to random waiting between for vote's, and sometimes make the look of log in as different browser. So it's even hard to filter my program out the system. About the CAPTCHA, well there are good programs, and even programing librarys out there to recognize 95% of the time.

Thamorun

06-14-2012

@Sagramor de Zyn You provided a good point against RP, but still there can be an increase in rewarding system, if not more IP then some chosen skin for those who vote often or IP boosts.

Sagramor de Zyn

06-14-2012

Quote:
Thamorun:
@Sagramor de Zyn You provided a good point against RP, but still there can be an increase in rewarding system, if not more IP then some chosen skin for those who vote often or IP boosts.

Actually IP boost would make a good idea, It would not harm the income for riot, (maybe if you vote correctly in 75 case than you get a 1 week IP boost maybe? or with different number.

Btw i made a good point about not earn a lot of money for myself

Thamorun

06-14-2012

looks like there's not much concern about the topic. Everyone keeps complaining and moaning about how the community is bad and rotten, but when it comes to changing something, there's no one to participate in conversations.

Sagramor de Zyn

06-14-2012

Well the problem is that the most of the people just complaining about things, and they don't do what they should do. A lot of time they don't report when they should, and they report when they shouldn't. There are not enough people who want to make a better place to play, and there is too much people who's just do this for reward, and they don't even read the chat log, just spam some vote there. So yes there is a lot of problem and too many things to do.
But there are a lot of people out there who do his part of tribunal (and they do it as they should do), but don't come on forum to talk about it.