How to fight against Yorick at top lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jerkling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

Hey guys, I have a question for you and I'm asking for your advices.

First of all I enjoy playing at top lane when I get the chance and I enjoy the top lane environment. I don't always steamroll my opponent, I do some stupid mistakes sometimes and lose my lane, sometimes it goes very even and sometimes I win my lane clearly. But against some champions all I can do is to keep the lane even I can't get ahead by myself and Yorick is one of those champions.

He does physical damage scaling with AD, he does magical damage scaling with AD, he has MS boost, slow, godly sustain and harass. All I can do against him is to focus on farming and let him push and then ask for my jungler to gank. But as all of you know solo queue is rather chaotic and sometimes my jungler is very occupied at some other lane and can't gank top since I manage to hold the lane without dying most of the time.

So my question is when my jungler is focusing other lanes and I'm on my own at top, how to itemize against Yorick? What resists do I want to focus on? (I usually go top lane with Irelia, GP, Vlad, Udyr, Singed.)

Thanks in advance and have a nice day.

CDfire

05-06-2012

Champion with heal debuff: Katarina/Tristrana come in mind right now.

FakePlastic

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDfire View Post
Champion with heal debuff: Katarina/Tristrana come in mind right now.
Best tip ever. Hard to imagine how hard kat or trist will feed vs yorick at top.

Iciclewind

05-06-2012

Most tops can hold after getting wriggles. The only one I can think of atm that can hold on his own before that is Shen.

Jerkling

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iciclewind View Post
Most tops can hold after getting wriggles. The only one I can think of atm that can hold on his own before that is Shen.
So Wriggle's is kinda mandatory?

Prodan

05-06-2012

Counter pick is the best option.Shen cant hold on yorick he gets zoned out.If u want to counter yorick get:
Nasus - Its hard early game but the ghouls feed your Q long term u are winning.
Trundle - Passive ; nuff said
Cho - Passive ; nuff said

SlayDeth

05-06-2012

Yorick is hard to counter cause he is constantly spamming his ghouls. Very few champs can actualy counter him although he is very viable to ganks. But if you want kill him i suggest this.
Take Renekton (if you have him) buy cloth armor and 5 pots. Don't do anything and just farm and don't let him harras you until you reach lvl 3.
After lvl 3, use E+W+Q+E combination. Basicly just dash in, stun and hit him with Q and dash out, and he won't be even able to summon any ghouls cause you will be away from him by then.
Sion, Nasus and Warwick are also good counters but Renekton is always my primary choice agianst him.

CDfire

05-06-2012

Wut about Mordekaiser as a counter?

CroLeague

05-06-2012

Take AD Sion and enjoy farming his ghouls with E

Shuffle105

05-06-2012

As some people said, Nasus, Warwick, Irelia, Cho Gath, Trundle, Mordekaiser are all great choices against him for different reasons.