Darius' counter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hiroshicze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-05-2012

Many people ask how to counter Darius. After few attempts on solotop I finally found the most effective counter - it's Teemo. In all games against Darius on solo top I was able to zone him out and kill him, so he was underfarmed and was no threat to my team. So how does it work: You pick Teemo and take flash ignite (exhaust could be an option too but ignite is great for finishing him in combination with your poison), first items are cloth armor and 5 potions. Max E first for effective harassment and W second for fleeing if you spot jungler, take Q on level 4 and max it last. On lane you should focus on lasthitting and putting shrooms everywhere (literally) and if Darius comes for his lasthit then shoot, your dot will work like a charm. If he manages to pull, throw your Q at him and keep shooting him - by this you will win most of the trade offs.

Item build:
- Cloth armor -> Wriggles lantern (armor, lifesteal, free ward, additional damage to creeps - better farming)
- Ruby crystal -> Phage -> Frozen Mallet (permanent slow, tankiness)
- Boots of speed -> Ninja tabi (you can sell them later on if he is no threat for you at all)
- Recurve bow -> Madred's Bloodrazor (attack speed, damage that scales of their maximum hp)
- Wit's end (this is not mandatory but I build it every game and with this you are pushing go, game usually ends at this point)
- Guardian Angel (this is your last item, if the game is still on, try to co-ordinate your team and win the game)

Runes:
- Red:
- 3x Flat AD
- 6x Flat Armor Penetration
- Yellow:
- 9x Flat Armor
- Blue:
- 9x Flat Magic Resistance (you can swap these for whatever you want, I just use them because I am lazy to buy new ones)
- Quintessences:
- 3x Flat AD

Masteries:
- 21/9/0
- Offense:
- focusing on cooldown reduction, armor penetration and magic penetration (your E)
- max Summoner's wrath, Brute force, Alacrity, Sorcery, Arcane knowledge, Weapon expertise, Vampirism, Sunder and Executioner
- Defense:
- put 1 point in magic resistance, then max Hardiness, Durability and Veteran's scars

I am sorry that it's such a long post ^^

Plättbagarn

27-05-2012

Only logical, since Teemo counters a lot of melee champions.

However, it can be very risky considering Teemo has 500 range while Apprehend (E) has 550 range.

Kennen, on the other hand, and Yorick, are safe picks.

Hiroshicze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

27-05-2012

Oh, I forgot to cover that one, thank you. You need to learn those players moves (you are able to dodge that Apprehend) and keep that safe distance, also you have that advantage of being behind your minions - if he pulls you then he will pull minions' aggro as well and trust me tanking 3-6 creeps isn't that easy in early levels.

Janna Pace

27-05-2012

It is quite easy to lane against him with Janna.

Smagard

27-05-2012

Garen counters him.
If he grabs you with E, he just asks your Q E combo :3

SNR DanY

27-05-2012

Nidalee , Jax , Olaf , Graves for solo top :P

EvilJulik

27-05-2012

Tank Shyvana outfarms him and denies creeps pretty easy, he is forced to either a) Spend hell of a lot mana to farm without taking damage from Shyvanas W E and constantly going back to the well b) Spend most of his money on potions and not item upgrades.

fnuster

27-05-2012

if its a good darius then he will just use his e proper and destroy that teemo. wornt wort in a ranked game at all

Hiroshicze

27-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnuster View Post
if its a good darius then he will just use his e proper and destroy that teemo. wornt wort in a ranked game at all
Nope, trust me.