Varus' passive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cholky

12-05-2012

I recently bought Varus and I love him so far , there is just one problem and that's his passive. i hate the conditions you have to meet in order to use it. Having to kill a minion or champ to use it a pain in the a$$. I can't use it in 1vs1 situations, and am I supposed to take my time and kill a minion during a team fight to get at least some of the effect early? The passive is beast but the conditions are so annoying, it's like having an extremely expensive car with an epic paint job,stereo etc. but you can not drive it.What is the point?This is how I feel .

If you have any useability tips I would love to hear them.

Plättbagarn

12-05-2012

It works for assists as well

I am pretty sure the passive was designed to help last hitting since a lot of minions are lost in that small interval between attacks. The added attack speed was for him to attack faster, meaning he gets both instead of losing one to minions.

Kazuun

12-05-2012

Actually there are a LOT of passives in LoL that won't be usefull in 1v1, so....

Vissarion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

evelyn *cough*. tf *cough*

Kcugi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vissarion View Post
evelyn *cough*. tf *cough*
Man, don't "cough" on me, what if u have a flu? :<

@Topic

Varus is designed that if he stays longer in fight, he profits more, just like Graves.
So his passive is fine, also this is not 1v1 game, but a team. And judging his team-presence, he is kinda strong, don't you think?

Migotliv

12-05-2012

When I first got Varus, I was excited about everything about him except his passive. Now I got used to it.

Think of it, it promotes last-hitting. When I'm taking down a tower I pause a moment, get a last hit, return to shoot the tower faster.

In laning phase, this also means you get a last hit and THEN harass with your boosted attack speed, so you don't miss more. Also it triggers off of your abilities so you can aim your Q to get a last hit or a few even, while hitting a fleeing enemy.

I don't like On Kill condition passives, but Varus' really works, it's balanced by how powerful it is - that bonus attack speed really makes a difference.

Dirty Table

12-05-2012

Still complaining about that champ? He's over powered as f*ck.

CptPower

12-05-2012

Hes just good like any other champ. All depends on runes mastery summoner spells and of course build.
All heroes are good.
Just to know how to play them.

nero spathatos

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptPower View Post
Hes just good like any other champ. All depends on runes mastery summoner spells and of course build.
All heroes are good.
Just to know how to play them.

Except evelynn...

Wissam90

12-05-2012

ye for such a huge damaging dangerous char , i would like to have a more decent passive