what is "loss prevented "

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BoZaiDeN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-04-2012

i noticed after the patch some of my matches who were announced as defeat turned to be loss prevented .. any one knows what does that mean ? thanks

el bejto

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

22-04-2012

It's called "The button". Basically, if servers were unstable and there were lags or some other issues out of player's control, Riot will press "The button" and it should prevent elo loss or something. However I am not sure how exactly it works.

Oen0ne

22-04-2012

If I remember correctly any loss during that period is turned into a "loss prevented", meaning it won't count to your stats. Not sure if the ranked ELO is modified though, someone else might be able to tell us that.

Rinion

22-04-2012

It used to be called Loss Forgiven, but ye it basically makes sure u do not lose any elo.

2 Teemos 1 Cup

22-04-2012

It's the same as Loss Forgiven, only changed name.
If the server was lagging at that time or something and you lost because of that, the defeat doesnt count.

Tironci

22-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAOSxLV View Post
It's the same as Loss Forgiven, only changed name.
If the server was lagging at that time or something and you lost because of that, the defeat doesnt count.
You also gain the half elo you would if you win.

Jack Frost

20-01-2013

thank you guys for those answers.i was unsure of it

Coaja94

20-01-2013

Isn't it explicit enough by itself? LOSS PREVENTED means your loss was prevented

DeathKnightMane

19-01-2014

i have 5-W 5-L 2 loss prevented and dose 2 dont count i am in bronze again ;(