PBE Patcher and client

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhantomSTARRR

13-04-2012

Hey . I've downloaded the PBE files from the site , I extracted them to the League Of Legends folder , I launched the game and it started to update ... At 1st it was a 500 mb update so I said lets wait. But after this I got an 1390 mb update and I thought that it was trying to download LoL from scratch so I copied my LoL folder and extracted it in . I had an 150 mb update , so I thought "ok this is the Hecarim Update" but after this was finished it started downloading 1390 mb again...is it necessary to download it or there is another way to play?

P.S : I know that there probably are 100 posts about this but I couldn't find anything
Thanks in advance.

MikeTheDestroyer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

15-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomSTARRR View Post
Hey . I've downloaded the PBE files from the site , I extracted them to the League Of Legends folder , I launched the game and it started to update ... At 1st it was a 500 mb update so I said lets wait. But after this I got an 1390 mb update and I thought that it was trying to download LoL from scratch so I copied my LoL folder and extracted it in . I had an 150 mb update , so I thought "ok this is the Hecarim Update" but after this was finished it started downloading 1390 mb again...is it necessary to download it or there is another way to play?

P.S : I know that there probably are 100 posts about this but I couldn't find anything
Thanks in advance.
hey man i have a problem too but its diferent...
download size is 200mb and the download speed is below 10kb/s .... mine is usualy 125kb/s...

Aika Kasumi

16-04-2012

Hi there! The PBE uses a separate engine and files from the normal LoL Client because it contains new release material, so you will have to download everything again instead of just using the regular files.