Ryze Counter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meewosh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Hi summoners , in ranked games i have problems with ryze . So , he's popular pick and i'm advance mid one pll . But i have problems against him . My mains r kennen kass cass ahri . And i know ryze counter kennen and he can beat cass . Kass is always banned so nvm . But who u think can counter ryze ? Will ahri work fine ? cuz idk about her . Some tips ?
Thanks for reading btw.

kAriolitsA

10-04-2012

its really hard to beat ryze, at least its hard to counterpick him. you have to outplay him either by playing cassio or someone else like anivia i guess

Meewosh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Ye mb u right but his sustain making me crazy but who about ahri ?

kAriolitsA

10-04-2012

I would say "ryze is counter to ahri" more than "ahri is counter to ryze". With ahri you will have to outplay him for sure to beat him in lane. Also cassipeia's sustain is equivalent or even better than ryze's so i suggest train cassio a bit

Meewosh

10-04-2012

I played cass like 50 rankeds with 75% but once i get beated by ryze and their jungler .And i was mad a little , so i make this thread to know your thought .

Stoneflyer

11-04-2012

To beat Ryze you have to know how he becomes good.
Ryze uses mana to deal damage, and therefor his core items are defensive items, giving him fast the early resist or armor.
So for you to counter that, you will need to get a Void Staff or a Last Whisper depending on what champion you choose to play against him as.

Now that you know he mitigrates damage and how to counter that, i will also mention that Ryze have one of the strongest burst damages. So therefor its highly reccomended to get some early Resistance against him.

A nice item to use against him is Negatron Cloak wich builds into Abyssal Scepter.
Also note, if you build a Void Staff, you can get Mercury's Treads instead of Sorcerer's Shoes. It gives you more magic resist and it reduce the CC duration of the Rune Prision.

I hope this can help you.

Best of the 3

11-04-2012

Never had a problem beating Ryze as Kat myself. Dunno if the Ryze's I play are just not that good or if she's an effective counter. It's true that he has no hard CC so in theory she should beat him. But early levels he should (if he's aggressive which you should be against Kat) easily push you out of the lane. Can work both ways I guess.

PsotnikPL

11-04-2012

cass is biggest pain, ahri, lux and brand do the job if played well

Meewosh

11-04-2012

Ty for help . I have to said that stoneflyer post rly help me . Somehow i beat ryze by ahri xD. And to best of the 3 , kata is bad choise cuz ryze beat every melee mid.

Oen0ne

11-04-2012

Lux is a real pain until Ryze gets a few levels since she can zone him out pretty well. On the other hand she can't really compete with him late game (then again, not many champions can). Anyway, Ryze and Morgana are two of the safest early AP picks precisely because they have no hard counters.