How to make MONEY - guide by Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morfem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

21-03-2012

It is not a qq thread, but just a way to express my respect to Riot staff - you guys really know how to make business!

You release a new champ periodically and obviously some ppl will buy them with $ - simple, well known, and seems ok because we are not forced to do that, we have always an option

Because ppl are more eager to buy champs that deal "Tons of dmg" then we got already all sorts of assassins, bruisers, ap/ad carrys etc.

Then community started to pray for a support champion!

And actually you've listened to our priers! But there was a question, what to do to make not only a 'support-lovers' buy this? How to sell it to people that prefer more of a killer sort of champion?

Answer: you've released a champion that has quite nice ratios, nice dmg - when build ap/as , ad/as , pure as (- all works in some way, from what I;ve seen so far). What is more: You made Phreak make a spotlight that shows her in other role than just a support! AND EVEN MORE! You put her on the loading screen for some sort of advertisement

Oh you silly little Riot, you are sooo **** good at this

Amarganth

21-03-2012

NOTHING is for free. NOTHING. You can pay or not...but someone always does. In the end whether you pay or not you're almost never satisfied. Of course Riot knows how to make money...it's not that hard nowadays. What strikes me as odd is the fact they shower their blatant lack of skill in anything but money-making with glitters.

Frenzee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

21-03-2012

I thought this would be a guide how to make easy money after reading a title..

You forgot to mentioned you must first produce a game loved by millions.

If you enjoy the game, why the hell you are being sarcastic?

You want all those ppl to work their asses for free?

Amarganth

21-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzee View Post
I thought this would be a guide how to make easy money after reading a title..

You forgot to mentioned you must first produce a game loved by millions.

If you enjoy the game, why the hell you are being sarcastic?

You want all those ppl to work their asses for free?
Millions love (insert the name of any pop culture icon) and that still doesn't make those people any less retarded.

Work their asses? Are you serious? Minecraft has millions of fans and I remember the first Super Mario having better gameplay mechanics and graphics.

3 maps in 3 years...yep, working their asses...

SovietK

22-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morfem View Post
It is not a qq thread
Yes it is.

Melcalaniye

22-03-2012

Actually, I remember a time when Sona was also being played AD (was dominating too) and I still see very viable AP builds on her. Just because a champion is better on one role than another, doesn't mean it should ONLY be played as that...

And also, to reply to OP, money go to inovative ideas. The guys behind Google had an idea, the guy behind facebook had an idea, heck, the guy behind Minecraft had an idea (even though it was stolen! and, yeah... Riot games had an idea too!! I know it buthurts that people make money from videogames but... Well, unless you come up with your own innovative idea, you won't be making as much money as they do!

P.S. it IS a QQ thread!

P.S. 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarganth View Post
3 maps in 3 years...yep, working their asses...
The Great Pyramid of Giza took 20 years to complete... And it's just a simple shaped stracture... I bet the ancient egyptians really took their time to complete it... Dude, making maps for a MOBA is probably one of the most DIFFICULT aspects of the game!! It's not f'king Call of Duty, where new maps appear every week! Nor Age of Empires where new maps are generated by a random algorythm... It needs planning EXCESSIVE testing, bug fixing (did you know that after a whole YEAR after summoner's rift was out of beta, there where parts of the walls you could just walk through? And I don't mean using a skill, just simply walk through it) So yeah... Since it's so easy,why don't you make a few maps and send them over to Riot to put them in the game...??

CoCo2670

22-03-2012

**** true

CritiCal57s

22-03-2012

lulu as an AP,on mid lane scary
she has great ratios,with a few runes and only boots she took me like 1/4 of health with only one skill -.-

Kirubaker

22-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melcalaniye View Post
Since it's so easy,why don't you make a few maps and send them over to Riot to put them in the game...??
because Riot wont pay for these innovative idea... HEHE
and easier for people to whine and complain than thinking and figure out something good... -_-

INemI

22-03-2012

You sound like a kid that has just discovered his first b0ner.