Smartcast keys

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mologg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-03-2012

HI, i'm just wondering why you can't use other keys for smartcast than "alt" and "shift"?
I have been playing lol for over a year, and i haven't utilized smartcast yet. But i want to, because i realise it's an advantage on a lot of champions. However, i'm used to having the little finger on q and one finger each on w,e,r.

It would be much better for me if i could use other buttons fo smartcast, for instance a customizable button on my mouse.

TL,DR: SMARTCAST, Y U NO CUSTOMIZABLE?

GuessMoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

18-03-2012

But you....what?
You can bind smart-cast with items and spells on any key. I really don't understand what you are trying to say.
Press escape in-game, go to key-binding, scroll down until you see the smart cast section, click on an smart-cast action and then press a key to bind it to that.
Is that what you were asking?

Can you maybe rephrase your question, if that isn't the answer?

Ordyn

18-03-2012

They are, just change the shift+q/w/e/r to q/w/e/r on their own, done.

mologg

18-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuessMoo View Post
But you....what?
You can bind smart-cast with items and spells on any key. I really don't understand what you are trying to say.
Press escape in-game, go to key-binding, scroll down until you see the smart cast section, click on an smart-cast action and then press a key to bind it to that.
Is that what you were asking?

Can you maybe rephrase your question, if that isn't the answer?
I tried to bind smart cast with other keys, but my experience was that only shift and alt worked. u can "combine" two keys for a smart-cast command, but for me that didn't work, except for alt and shift.

mologg

18-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ordyn View Post
They are, just change the shift+q/w/e/r to q/w/e/r on their own, done.
that would work, but i'd rather have targeting molecules on some particular skillshots, like malphites ulti.

M1st

18-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mologg View Post
I tried to bind smart cast with other keys, but my experience was that only shift and alt worked. u can "combine" two keys for a smart-cast command, but for me that didn't work, except for alt and shift.
Just throw away normal cast and bind smartcasted spells to q w e r directly.

Wieslaron Stiff

18-03-2012

At beggining of every game after you buy and click to run somewhere enter keybindings menu, click on "reset key-bindings" and set smart cast for abilities you want to use with it on current champion. After you get used to it you do it in few seconds, before your champion even leaves base. After I started using it I can't play without smart casts, they are so much better on most skills.

mologg

18-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wieslaron Stiff View Post
At beggining of every game after you buy and click to run somewhere enter keybindings menu, click on "reset key-bindings" and set smart cast for abilities you want to use with it on current champion. After you get used to it you do it in few seconds, before your champion even leaves base. After I started using it I can't play without smart casts, they are so much better on most skills.
This makes sense, thanks for helping me

Aspen Alia

Recruiter

18-03-2012

I had my emotes remapped to ctrl+1234, since I wanted item smartcast on shift+1234.
Sooo there's my 2 €c.

Microwawe

Recruiter

18-03-2012

You can use your QWER buttons to smart cast...you don't need to have 2 buttons to do that.
If you don't remember the skill ranges or something like that you can check the "show smartcast ranges" box somewhere in the options. With that you can see the range of the skill when you press the button down and the skill will be used after you let go of the button.

I don't know about your mouse but I can bind my 3rd and 4th mouse button to smartcasting.