How to carry games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Balhaarsigaar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Hi,

I know ELO hell is nonsense and it's all in your mind (you thinking you're not at the rating you think you should be) but now here's my question.
How to carry games?
I try to avoid picking support unless the team really forces me to, I try to be nice (although this can be hard from time to time) I almost always win my lane, try to denie my opposing laner as hard as possible so he'd be useless end game. When possible I counterpick, or give my teammates advice on counterpicking (this mostly results in me being flamed..) I got this feeling I do everything right :c but I always come back to the magic number of 1415.
When I lose my lane, or made a big mistake I watch the replay and try to think how I should avoid it in the future.

When I jungle I try to gank as much as possible if this doesn't cost me too much jungle or if the risk is too big of losing buffs. I counterjungle / clear objectives and buffs when I see the enemy jungler is e.g. ganking top.

People make mistakes, and they're not that bad early game, but it's like when we pass the 30 minute mark there's always someone to get caught and drag us all in the gutter.

TL;DR How to carry games?

Prugar

12-03-2012

Pick a carrylike bruiser or some OP AP mid. Instalock. Hope you get fed.
No, sadly I'm not being sarcastic, this is the only way you can carry your team.
Because if you don't do that, the rest of your team will.

I AM MID
ME SOLO TOP
ME AD CARRY!!!!

How well do you know these scenarios?

Every. Single. Ranked. Game.
That's why i don't like to play those...

ApolonsWrath

12-03-2012

To carry you have probably to get better first. If that is accomplished get high risk - high reward champions (skill compensates for risk). Katarina, Akali, Talon, Riven - assasins these are. More safe ones are bruisers, especially Irelia, Gangplank, Renekton.

Dizzyman

12-03-2012

I used to play on NA now I moved here , Im 15 - 4 and 1600 + by mostly jungling

Get a good jungler that can clear fast and gank often. If you're good you ll progress

Lorefin

12-03-2012

Get a champion that can change a teamfight with aoe ulti..

RaInbowDashLOL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

shyvana, lee sin, udyr on jungle/top
they are really strong and have just INSANE damage without any damage items (these are called bruisers)
irelia will do too

DJLurker

12-03-2012

You seem to be doing good mostly, and know what is important, but there's some stuff more to it I would suggest.

Being a carry, doesn't mean "doing tons of dmg", but an integral part of the team. While I like that you're nice, if no one is leading the team, you should step up, and make good calls, and refuse the bad ones. You're half way there. Most people who aren't complete ignorants (I know, there's a lot of them), tend to listen to a good player, especially if he's nice too. Also, try to keep the team atmosphere up. Try to calm down your raging teammates, no matter who's right. But also know when it's time to follow orders.

Time dragons, barons and buffs no matter of your role! Those are gamechanging objectives.

Winning your lane is only one lane out of three + jungle. Help your team win their lanes/jungle, as much as you can.

Each time you make a mistake, means you are helping the other team win. Therefore, the more mistakes you make, the more you "deserve" to lose. Ofc this is obvious, but all I'm trying to say, is you didn't do your best, and you could've done better. Remember, you can only count on yourself playing good.

There's more to it, I'm running out of ideas, and it's already a long text.

tl; dr; - Basically, it all ends up on the same thing, and that's doing your best, as that's the only thing you can do. If you are having bad luck with your teammates, keep playing, and eventually you will climb in ELO. Else, you might be right where you should be.

Dilabor

12-03-2012

Game is won or lost not in laning phase, it is usualy in late game nexus got destroyed. Obvious, but the thing is that no matter how much advantage you get in early-mid game you can easily lose in late game. Most less experienced players focus on early game but it is in mid-late game single player can cause most influence on the game, as part of a team or even alone.
Try to pay more more attention to what is going on late game. Watch some streams/videos of better players.

SalyTo

12-03-2012

try to pick soem champions witch u are good and if u got fed u can carry for example AD CARRY (all of them i think ), nocturne , brand

krofj

12-03-2012

its rly hard to carry, because 90% of LoL players are pretty braindead. One of the biggest mistakes people are doing, its fighting for no reasons whatsoever. Most of the time this thing end with feeding enemy team and losing the game. There is 3 lanes in game and jungle. Even if you fail at one or your team mate fail, you still have 3 lanes who can help to win.

1)For people who like become better in this game. Stop fighting for no reasons. I just love games where after 30 min game is score like 6-6 or something like that.
2) Pick and counter pick is one of the thing people should learn. You cant just play with 1 champ because its stronk and you can be good on him. For example - irelia is strong and rly good top champ. You instalock irelia i pick udyr or olaf and make you useless in 20 min game. I for example love people who instalock nasus on enemyteam as first pick. You can pick riven, rumble, olaf, irelia, udyr or whatever you like and make nasus life full of pain.
3) wards, overextending is other thing people should learn. You kill your lane and start to dominate it. ALWAYS keep 2 or 3 wards so jungler cant gank you. It will make enemy go mad because they cant win this lane and cant gank it.