Manaless

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sandgirl

07-03-2012

Akali
Shen
Kennen
Lee Sin

Rumble

Vladimir
Dr. Mundo

Shyvana
Tryndamere
Renekton

Mordekaiser

Garen
Katarina
Riven

I would like to know your opinion on manaless champions, because almost all are really strong picks right now (maybe not katarina and renekton not so much in this meta game) ... but everyone else are banned and picked so much!

In my opinion all of them cant go oom ... and mana champions can spam like they only with a blue buff... so is this unequal for mana champions, making manaless champions more stronger for only this fact and we all know that the for mentioned manaless champions are picked and banned like 75% in games ... and im not saying someone is overpowered, but still looking for your explanations...

Baldachim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-03-2012

Energy/Rage etc. have some pros and cons in comparison to Mana, but having nothing really like Riven or Garen I feel is not consistent with the rest of the champions in the game. It might hint some small design flaw, though items with Mana or Mana Regen are of less use for those characters. Overall I do not see Mana-less champions to be vastly overpowered, so I can live with that, not like we could change it in any possible way.

Orissa

07-03-2012

Manaless AD casters are almost equal to auto-attackers, their dmg output is similar. But they can be easily stopped with silence, so it's ok. I think they're banned coz they can't be passively countered (like auto-attackers with frozen heart and thornmail)
Manaless AP aren't really vialable, they can't take advantage of huge mana pool (archangel, RoA), energy champs are also very limited with their combos, they can't keep up casting many spells in a teamfight. Katarina might be really OP thanks to unlimited spell spam, but silence shuts her down. That's the problem - people don't like silencing champs, melee/mage stunners are considered as a better choice

MoHoK

08-03-2012

They all have pros and cons! Like:
Energy pool is limited unlike mana and in long teamfights you can stay out of energy
Health cost abilities unless you get health or health regen items make you spam less! Even if you buy items like that choices are kinda limited and this means usually less damage
Rage/furry empowers abilities or attacks... In most cases is hard το use them is long teamfights
Champions that are dependant on cooldowns still they need το buy cdr items

As you see they all need το spam their abilities wisely, they can't get advantage of items like manamune or archangel staff etc or full advantage of items that have ANY connection with mp, they can't go away from certain items like these of lifesteal, cooldown reduction, health etc so as you see isn't always αν advantage

Arfes

08-03-2012

other often pick/bans: kassadin, LB, amumu, rammus, ahri, anivia, cassio, fiora, GP, graves, irelia, karthus, kog maw, malz, maokai, morgana, Nasus, nid, olaf, panth, ryze, swain, singed, sion, skarner, sona, soraka, udyr, vayne, WW...
and guess what they all have MANA, belive me if they do not have mana, they have somthing to make up for it, HP cost, long CDs, things like that.

MoHoK

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arfes View Post
other often pick/bans: kassadin, LB, amumu, rammus, ahri, anivia, cassio, fiora, GP, graves, irelia, karthus, kog maw, malz, maokai, morgana, Nasus, nid, olaf, panth, ryze, swain, singed, sion, skarner, sona, soraka, udyr, vayne, WW...
and guess what they all have MANA, belive me if they do not have mana, they have somthing to make up for it, HP cost, long CDs, things like that.
Never trust the ban list... Lee sin gets banned too
Shen get's banned a lot too nowadays etc
But never trust the ban lists... Or at least i don't! There are many reasons why someone is choosing a champion το ban... The cost of their abilities isn't one...

BetterPlayer

08-03-2012

i agree with OP
mundo and katarina (and riven too) spam their skills too much

Arfes

08-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoK View Post
Never trust the ban list... Lee sin gets banned too
Shen get's banned a lot too nowadays etc
But never trust the ban lists... Or at least i don't! There are many reasons why someone is choosing a champion το ban... The cost of their abilities isn't one...
i was just listing some of the champs that do have mana and are often banned or picked

MoHoK

09-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterPlayer View Post
i agree with OP
mundo and katarina (and riven too) spam their skills too much
The whole thing about these champions you mention is spamming their skills! All their damage comes by skills and not autoattacks! Still they have to build some cdr! Katarina can't kill anyone without her ultimate... Still it's channeled and can be interrupted by stun, silence, taunt, knockup and knockback! Riven suffers by silence too!

Eruner7

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-03-2012

but seriously, they wont run out of manna