Lock On screen or not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NockDown

04-03-2012

Everyone keeps telling me that its bad to have lock on , on. What is the big advantage to play without lock on?

panoskre

04-03-2012

You can take a look of the rest of the map and see for example the items of an enemy without being close to him,or the exact position of your teamates if they are about to gank.

LiamBrady

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

Only real pros like Athene play with lock on.
It depends on situation, in big team fights it's sometimes good to lock on.

Teematu

06-03-2012

If you mean the camera lock on, I usually keep it on if I'm playing from the Blue side.

But if you play from the Purple side, it blocks your vision way too much.

MrQlak

06-03-2012

If you play champion with skill shots (such as Morgana) it is generally easier to aim if your screen is not locked. What is more, having 'free' camera allows you to have better map awareness - you can check what's going on on other lanes. You can also take a quick look at the tower's health bar, check how long it is until your wards end etc.

The only moment I use a locked on camera (remember, that if you keep pressing space bar it locks it) is during teamfights, when a lot of CC's and particle effects occur - it is simply easier to keep track of your position. Consider the situation when you are playing against Alistair and Janna - it is easy to lose view of your champion for a short time and that may be a decisive factor during a teamfight.

emoKitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-03-2012

just press spacebar (default key option) and you will have the screen locked on for the time you have the key pushed.

Advantage of lock on: fog of war will disappear properly (strong advantage if you want to follow your enemy who is going behind a corner), you will know where your champion is in teamfights (everytime in the middle of the screen), it will teach you to watch the minimap a lot, you will not get screen loss if you lagged out etc.

Disadvantages of lock on: you will lost an enemy if u try to follow him if he has higher movement speed, you cannot watch some points of interest unless there is your teammate or ward showing it on minimap etc.

So I prefer playing without locked on screen and when needed I press/push spacebar

Cosciug

27-12-2012

It really depends if you lock it or not. I play something in between. I have it all the time unlocked but play solo mid and all the jungle with the spacebar hold down. But lets say for exemple you play Noc jungle (my main) and you need to ult than you just have to have the camera unlocked to targer an enemy. But if i play a Brand / Veigar / Morgana mid than i just Lock my camera cause i dont need it to be free and to have better controll where i am going (i am used to that from diablo 3 !!!). And also it really depands on how you get used to it.

Elvensongs

27-12-2012

The lock on is a terrible idea for champions with global ults or at least huge range (Ezreal, Draven, Twisted Fate, Ziggs, etc.). Its just way to much to aim with the minimap and hope for the best.
Well, some times it helps, I guess, but only the partial one with the spacebar. I got myself in a really embarrassing situation the other day while playing Sona. One of the teammates was alone against few of the enemies behind their inner turret at bot and I rushed to help him but had the camera at him to watch the situation. Before I knew it, instead on going on the jungle side of the lane (coming from the dragon), Sona went through the lane, going directly into the turret where I was caught by the enemies which just managed to kill off my teammate.

TonyBBoyWolf

28-12-2012

what are you guys talking about, have it always locked on and unlock whenever you need to, you lazy maggots trololo

Ysengrimm

28-12-2012

I spend most of my time pressing spacebar with my thumb :-) toggling the lock seems too slow when I need it.