Vlad vs Shen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malieux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-02-2012

It's funny that I need to create such topic after playing Vlad for 2 years but..
Last game I had Shen versus me in line and he kicked my ass so hard that it still hurts. That's why I'm asking more advenced players how to play smart such encounter?

Lambertambertrt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-02-2012

You won't outlane him so just focus on farming as much as you can and assist other lanes when possible, Shen isn't that great of a pusher.

koPChe

Recruiter

25-02-2012

For me in this patch Shen is OP and you know Vlad was nerfed. Like the prev comment i will suggest you to farm and if it's draft ban Shen.

Trance Daylight

25-02-2012

shen beats almost every1 1v1 in a lane now, so i dont know why you would complain about vlad in particular. The problem is mainly that he farms so **** easily and builds very fast, and then kicks ur ass harder.

so far i dont know any good ways to counter shen 1v1 in laning. The most common playstyle is to open shield, hit opponent with vorpal blade and a normal hit (enchanced with his passive), which does a pretty significant amount of dmg early on. Most shens start with hp regen so even if u harras him he will regen it back, but letting him farm is a very big mistake as he will lasthit for fun (vorpal blade + passive) and attacking minions will allow him to use his passive more often to harras you as well.

as presaid just try to farm as much as possible, and hope u will have him ganged.

i once had warmogs in 13min time with shen on solo top.
an enemy of mine once managed to make it in 10.

Malieux

25-02-2012

I found solution. I ban him every game. So far it works

MoHoK

26-02-2012

shen is my main for about 4 months.. I have played vladimir too but didn't stacked with him....
Shen in this patch isn't OP, it's just more viable than before while they made him more competitive with other tanks than before! In reality he's balanced but you just need το counter pick against him unlike before... Vlad isn't a counter for shen
Shen gets health back with auto attacks (after using his q) while vlad is spending health to cast spells (except his q ofcourse but because of the cooldown isn't really a threat against i sustained health tank and i am sure you understand what i αν talking about)
Vlad will not be able το kill him or outfarm him, high cooldown on q, other abilities will make you spend health to use them while shen is using energy and is sustained with his q... When you will be low on health on your own he will probably taunt you and kill you!
Counter picks against him are:
Gangplank (w sustains him, q with correct runes deals much damage το hash him)

Volibear (his w hurts a lot while his passive sustains him)

Fizz (his w can harash shen fairly while you can avoid and deny fighting him with e)

Shen (there can be only one in one lane the one with better skill wins)

Rammus (have fought with him, killed him once but it was too hard but i must mention that i was like on 75% health when he died but it was his fault because he over extended while he wasn't on full health)

Banning him isn't really a solution, just try το counter pick against him! In any case vlad isn't a counter pick against him

koPChe

Recruiter

26-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoHoK View Post
shen is my main for about 4 months.. I have played vladimir too but didn't stacked with him....
Shen in this patch isn't OP, it's just more viable than before while they made him more competitive with other tanks than before! In reality he's balanced but you just need το counter pick against him unlike before... Vlad isn't a counter for shen
Shen gets health back with auto attacks (after using his q) while vlad is spending health to cast spells (except his q ofcourse but because of the cooldown isn't really a threat against i sustained health tank and i am sure you understand what i αν talking about)
Vlad will not be able το kill him or outfarm him, high cooldown on q, other abilities will make you spend health to use them while shen is using energy and is sustained with his q... When you will be low on health on your own he will probably taunt you and kill you!
Counter picks against him are:
Gangplank (w sustains him, q with correct runes deals much damage το hash him)

Volibear (his w hurts a lot while his passive sustains him)

Fizz (his w can harash shen fairly while you can avoid and deny fighting him with e)

Shen (there can be only one in one lane the one with better skill wins)

Rammus (have fought with him, killed him once but it was too hard but i must mention that i was like on 75% health when he died but it was his fault because he over extended while he wasn't on full health)

Banning him isn't really a solution, just try το counter pick against him! In any case vlad isn't a counter pick against him
You are right about Fizz, he is the best counter to Shen for now
Volibear is not a counter, he is just tough but sill it will helps xD
Rammus will let Shen to free farm.