Best starting item ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

V˘liBlitz

24-02-2012

I've searched about this topic in google and LoL forums, but i couldn't find a thread with exactly my questions. So, i want to ask, what is the best starting item for the different champions ? When i watch streams, high elo games, people always pick boots + pots as a starting items. It's obvious why, it's easier to escape ganks, last hit if you're melee, trade blows with enemies etc. , but when i start with Doran's Shield for example, i feel much more sustained in lane, although i'm slow . Now, i want to ask what is the better starting item :
Boots + pots or Doran's ? I can see the benefits and minuses of having each as a starting item, but what is better, and what difference does it make if you start with Doran's, and your enemy starts with boots, and the opposite ? Can you play aggressively while starting with Doran's, and does buying Doran's means you are forced to play afk farm in a lane ? Is starting with a Doran's item against someone with ranged poke or skill shots bad ?

Silwanas

24-02-2012

depends mate, if you are playing soraka bottom you should go dorans blade, if your support is blitz or nunu you might want to go with pots.
sometimes it is also good to pick 12% lifesteal item,

it all depends, im ez player and i start with dorans 90% of the time because i mostly play normal and dont mind pushing, with a dorans blade i have around 13 or 15% lifestea that means i can survive by hitting minions and autoatacking, i usually dont need pots..

M1st

24-02-2012

First of all, these 3 pots grant you much more room for trading blows, also if you're facing skillshot champ at lane boots is a must just because you have to dodge them.

As for when to choose dorans - it's reasonable to take these items on champs who can sustain themselves, for example ww.

There is another way to start with defensive item and have some pots: cloth armor+5 pots, which is pretty popular and very useful when you expect alot of exchanges on lane (often used on top) and you dont need to dodge skillshots. I'd say it's a safest start against ad based champ for a champ who builds wriggles.

Melcalaniye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-02-2012

I'd like to start with a Rod od Ages but the game doesn't let me... (Yes, troll post! :P )

RifRaf

24-02-2012

There is no definite answer for that. Even if you play only 1 champion, you might still need to change your starting item depending on your enemy champion and his starting items.