How much would full version of LoL cost?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tabrox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

21-02-2012

I did some calculations. If you want to buy ALL champs just by RP it's:

839 RP = 5 euro (in my country, by paypal)

All champs cost 310k~~ ip or 70 k rp~~

it's about 420 Euro. Just for ALL CHAMPS. Price of a computer you could play league on. *

But of course it's not all.

In full version there would be also all skins available.

There are about ~300 skins , total price would be aroud ~~225k RP . It's about ...

1300 Euro + 420 Euro = 1720 euro. You can spend it on a good car or have all skins+champs in LoL. What do you prefer?

But that's not all.

There are also runes, runes pages, IP/XP boosts etc.

So how much does full version of LoL cost?

Around 2000 euro. Price of a new car! *

My question is :

isn't LoL a little too expensive?

For those who say " you don't have to buy it for RP, just play games"

k, but it's around 400k IP to own all. Average game gives you 100 IP. It's around 4k games to own all + new champion for 6300 every 2 weeks. Playing 2 games a day it would take you about 7 years!

Don't belive me?. I didn't make accurate calculations just because you can check it by yourself, cause you wouldn't belive me anyway. So check it. I seriously don't like those new champs for 6300 cause i know i won't own them ayway. Unless im no- life or Bill gates.

* READ BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING ABOUT "NEW CAR"

* btw , im from Poland , so yeah 2000 Euro it's about 8000 zlotych (currency in Poland) , and yes, you can buy a new car for it. Anyway here it's EXTREMELY expensive, maybe in other countries it's not such a big deal, but still 2000 isn't cheap...especially when new game costs aroud 20 euro... ?

**Why would you buy everthing?

I wouldn't. But it's just a considerations how much LoL would cost, if it was full version like...HoN (heroes of newerth) or the newest Battlefield.

*** There's exact topic on west forum, and author gave me permission to start it here since he doesn't have an account on n-e.

Danzai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

21-02-2012

prices are too d@mn high

DirTBringeR

21-02-2012

Math is always surprising and showing me the correct way.

We're in a beautiful dream without calculations..

Tatsuyaki

21-02-2012

What's the point of this thread? You ask us what the full price for LoL would be if it was P2P and come to a conclusion that it's worth as much as a car. But then you say you don't have to buy everything but it's still too expensive to get everything compared to a new game that would cost around 20 euros.

Apples and oranges, man. You can't compare a F2P game to a P2P.

Archetype Earth

21-02-2012

http://rog.clgaming.net/blogs/a-diff...ou-farm-dat-ip

Here are some calculations

Microwawe

21-02-2012

Well...no offence but your zloty is quite weak currency compared to euro or USD. So "of course" it seems like everything is freaking expensive. For example here in Finland a brand new game for PS3 costs ~70 and a new car costs ~10.000.

Also when you buy a bundle of something you get discount from the price it would cost to buy the things individually (if you buy 1000 shirts from the factory they cost a lot less than buying 1000 shirts individually from different stores). So you can't calculate the price of LoL just by adding up the price of champions and skins.

You can get the original 40 champions of LoL if you buy the "Digital Collector's Pack" and the "Champions Bundle". Thats 7310RP so it would cost about 44 in total. So getting all the (93) champions would cost something around 100 (if they had the bundles for the newer champions). And skins are OPTIONAL anyways. You don't need skins to play the game, that just is a way for Riot to make money.

And I'd say you don't even need to have all the champions and skins. You play maybe 20 champions regularly and you can play champions that you like but don't yet have during the free weeks. And even if you get skins you don't need to have them all. There are maybe 1 or 2 really cool skins for every champ and you can use only 1 per game so there is no point getting all the ~8 Teemo skins etc etc...

Darkness Guard

21-02-2012

The thing is, LoL is F2P, you're not forced to pay anything and still enjoy all the content the game has to offer. If you're a casual gamer and likes the diversity that having a lot of champions offers than you're free to take the shortcut and pay for some champions instead of grind IP for them. It's your choice to make, and it's optional not mandatory.

Riot has to many money somehow, you know... It's a business after all. That's why they have to make everything more expensive than usual, because none of it is mandatory and there are many players who are playing without spending a single cent. That's simply how the F2P business model works. Also, as with anything else in life, bundles are cheaper than buying things individually. Every new champion has a bundle with the champion and 1 or 2 skins, there is also a basic champions bundle which gives you a lot of the older champions for a very cheap price. You also have rune page bundles and various others. You also have weekly sales of various champions and skins, which are in rotation so eventually everything comes on sale.

Thus your calculations not only show a lack of understanding on how the F2P model works, it tries to intentionally present Riot in a bad light while conveniently ignoring crucial information(the various bundles available as well as weekly sales).

hobarey

21-02-2012

when you look at it that way it is correct but

i think we are playing a nice game free, and everyone should spend 20-50 euro for RP. Then use that RP on %50 skins for what they really like. I don't think there will be a problem.

the thing is LoL is like a shop, you can use your money limitlessly, maybe this feeling make this game better.

Kazuun

21-02-2012

I have no idea where do You live, mate... but if You can buy NEW car for 2.000 Euro I want to marry You and move to Your city.

Where I live it's more around 10.000 Euro. Cheapest ones ofc.

herrDoom

21-02-2012

Or you could be a millionaire and just buy all champs and skins...