xerath or brand

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DemonFear

22-02-2012

Brand

DzC

23-02-2012

Both are very strong but get brand cuz he is on sale now

grabe

23-02-2012

Xerath is really vulnerable to assasins, once he looks his thing, if he plays against at least decent guys, they will focus him down in that moment, but if u can really position urself, then u can turn the fight. I like Brand more, because of his fantastic dmg and AOE, also you have to think how to best use ur passive for combos, so also requires some skill. Its up to u, but I suggest Brand.

SonicAF

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-02-2012

Brand is just useless. 2 of his spells are so easy to dodge that he turns into 2-spell-champion. Brand is a real noobstomper. I have no clue how people get stuned by that sear. It is viable only if a sort of cc is already applied to target+ult is easilly carried out of teamfights by a skilled player.

Xerath is the best AP caster for now in entire game. His ulimate has 1.8 scaling and is undodgeable. It alone has the same damage as ALL of Brand's spells.

grabe

23-02-2012

Hm...you are talking that Brand is easily stomped by good player. Actually, Xerath is way more easier to kill,just have to wait until he locks his thing, then just rush onto him and he is dead...and when we are talking about dodging, Xerath against opponent with boots is doomed in laning phase, since his q is way easier to dodge than Brands pillar. But Have to agree, Xeraths ult is really strong, more than Brands. BTW best caster right now is probably Cassio, if plyed correctly ofc.

Dakiman4Athene

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

24-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollikulli View Post
Brand ofcourse! When you get some ability you pwn everyone.

and if you start playing brand here is some tips:

get 2x doran's ring -> boots of speed -> doran's ring -> and then start build what ever you like. I get usually rabandon's or void staff first. Just read the game and decide it your self.

Ability rotation: lvl1 Conflagration -> lvl2 Pillar of Flame -> lvl3 Conflagration -> lvl4 Sear.
After that unlcok Conflagration always and if not possible then Pillar of Flame.

Good rotation is:

Attack (if target is out of your range use flash) -> Conflagration -> Sear to stun him ->Pillar of Flame and ulti if it is unlocked -> repeat

Hope this helped!

Good luck!
- Karsta
Im Cass/Xerath/Morg/Swain. You start dorans. I win lane.

SonicAF

24-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabe View Post
Hm...you are talking that Brand is easily stomped by good player. Actually, Xerath is way more easier to kill,just have to wait until he locks his thing, then just rush onto him and he is dead...and when we are talking about dodging, Xerath against opponent with boots is doomed in laning phase, since his q is way easier to dodge than Brands pillar. But Have to agree, Xeraths ult is really strong, more than Brands. BTW best caster right now is probably Cassio, if plyed correctly ofc.
Xerath has the same animation for E and autoattack. Brand has different animation and sound for each of his skills. He is THE MOST predictable champion in this game and he is skillshot-based. I hear and see which spell is going to cast before he actually does. He is just crippled. Useless. Ridiculous. Every single Brand's kill is TOTAL unskill of his opponent. He has no sane reason to exist.

About Cassiopeia:
1. She is too DPS.
2. She is dodgeable.

But in her case it was intended - she brings real havoc upon enemies disabled by her allies and has reliable CC in her ultimate. She is not crippled like Brand.

grabe

24-02-2012

SonicAF you look like you REALLY hate that poor burning Brand xD. And BTW every skillshot abilities are dodgeable, it just depends if: 1. player with skillshot character is good, 2. or if opponent is really good at dodging skillshots.
For me, the most predictable champion is Sion. And as I said: Xerath is very situational mage, since if you dont have good position or you dont have that rage increase spell ready, you are mostly useless. And Cassio isnt so DPS: her actually only DPS (in matters of dmg, since Miasma is mostly used not for dmg, but for slow or poison triggle) is Noctious Blast, but her Twin Fang and Petrifying gaze do pretty strong burst. But if you think Brand is crippled: its ur opinion, for me, he can be pretty strong in good hands.

SonicAF

24-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by grabe View Post
SonicAF you look like you REALLY hate that poor burning Brand xD. And BTW every skillshot abilities are dodgeable, it just depends if: 1. player with skillshot character is good, 2. or if opponent is really good at dodging skillshots.
For me, the most predictable champion is Sion. And as I said: Xerath is very situational mage, since if you dont have good position or you dont have that rage increase spell ready, you are mostly useless. And Cassio isnt so DPS: her actually only DPS (in matters of dmg, since Miasma is mostly used not for dmg, but for slow or poison triggle) is Noctious Blast, but her Twin Fang and Petrifying gaze do pretty strong burst. But if you think Brand is crippled: its ur opinion, for me, he can be pretty strong in good hands.
Yes I really hate that Brand. EVERY skillshot is dodgeable but Brand is THE ONLY champion that says "SHOOOO" before casting sear pulling his hands behind his back and only AFTER it <Sear> is released. And this is true for EVERY SINGLE skill he has. It looks awesome but it is a major downside. Even in the best hands ever Brand is limited by stomping average players that have no clue how Brand works. His skillcap is flat zero-point-one*Cassiopeia and he is not rewarding at all due to having - let's be honest to ourselves - bad scales. It's sad.

Xerath is not situational. He camps in the nearest bush and if you don't see him - you are dead. You can't protect yourself against Xerath. His magic penetration and actual AP burst makes him THE BEST AOE MAGE in this game.

Casiiopeia deals 190 (+0.55 per ability power) [VERY bad magicdamage spell itself] every 0.5 seconds. It is called "DPS" bro. It is not any sort of burst. Also it's easy to screw up BUT THE PRIIIIZE!

Maelvolt

25-02-2012

@SonicAFSear isn't any more dodgeable than Morganas stun.
People saying that Brand doesnt require good positioning are bull****ting.
@Dakiman4athene i start mekis + 2 pots and you win ****