HELP! Not sure how to get runes!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DudeWitGun555

Recruiter

09-02-2012

Alright,so I am level 22.
I never bought runes,and I know that I should start getting them at level 20 cuz then you can get the Tier 3 ones.
I know runes can help you out alot,buti dont really have the IP to buy Greater runes.
Just want to ask,am I supposed to buy Tier 3 runes,RIGHT when I hit level 20,or should I start with some Tier 2 or Tier1 runes?

Appreciate your help,and thanks in advance!

KoBorg

09-02-2012

Tier 1 runes are cheap and they help noticeably. They are mostly used by summoners level 1-19.
But when you are level 20+, you should concentrate on Tier 3 runes.

Select one type of champ (for instance AP, AD, Tank, Support or Jungler), and start collecting Tier 3 runes for it. Try to build generic rune page that you will be able to use with more than one champ (i.e. don't start with specialized rune page for Akali).

TopCat10k

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2012

you could buy tier 3 runes..but are you sure that you have your favorite hero?

Tadewing

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-02-2012

I suggest only buying the tier 3 runes. The other ones are waste of IP and makes no difference during gameplay.

DudeWitGun555

Recruiter

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat10k View Post
you could buy tier 3 runes..but are you sure that you have your favorite hero?
Of course I have a fav champion,everybody does.

TopCat10k

09-02-2012

which one?

DudeWitGun555

Recruiter

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat10k View Post
which one?
I like all sorts really,and I know which runes to get by looking at builds on COUNTLESS sites.

Lepotec

Recruiter

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeWitGun555 View Post
Alright,so I am level 22.
I never bought runes,and I know that I should start getting them at level 20 cuz then you can get the Tier 3 ones.
I know runes can help you out alot,buti dont really have the IP to buy Greater runes.
Just want to ask,am I supposed to buy Tier 3 runes,RIGHT when I hit level 20,or should I start with some Tier 2 or Tier1 runes?

Appreciate your help,and thanks in advance!
Tier 1 and Tier 2 runes are a waste of IP. Tier 3 runes are the only ones worth getting. Yes, they are expensive but they are the most powerful ones and they are the only ones worth having in the long run.

To begin with you'll want to create two pages that perhaps won't be optimal, but they will be useful for every champion.

Start by buying Greater Seals of Resilience (flat armor yellow runes) and Greater Glyphs of Shielding (magic resist per level blue runes). Improved survivability is universally useful to everyone, no matter if the champion is AD or AP, carry or support.

For Marks (red runes) and Quintessences (big runes) however it becomes a lot more champion dependant. For AD champions I would suggest Greater Marks of Desolation (armor penetration) and Greater Quintessences of Strength (flat AD). And for AP champions I would suggest Greater Marks of Insight (magic penetration) and Greater Quintessences of Potency (flat AP).

TopCat10k

10-02-2012

well...in my opinion don't trust the sites . just make your own build suited for you.

and another personal opinion , get the heroes you want first. the runes can wait.

Also Lepotec does have a point. Some armor and magic resist runes help any hero and are not a waste.

XxB35STxX

23-06-2012

where do i even buy runes??