Riven's runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

whitebeard23

09-02-2012

Hello :P. i created this post so you can tell me your opinions about the runes for riven.I tested armor penetration on riven but i wasn't so happy with the damage.Before some days i bought ad runes marks and quints and i tried them.The early - mid game was very easy.I could solo almost everything.I believe ad runes is the best choice for riven because ad runes can stuck with riven's passive to have a nice Q combo.What do you guys think?

Jirugi

09-02-2012

AD quints and reds work with Riven's passive and Q strikes pretty well and I use them myself
+ standard armor seals and cd on blues.

whitebeard23

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirugi View Post
AD quints and reds work with Riven's passive and Q strikes pretty well and I use them myself
+ standard armor seals and cd on blues.
Yeah because her passive is focusing on attack bonus .
I know armor penetration is good for late game but you can create penetration items without changing your ad runes with penetration runes.

AznaktaX

09-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitebeard23 View Post
Hello :P. i created this post so you can tell me your opinions about the runes for riven.I tested armor penetration on riven but i wasn't so happy with the damage.Before some days i bought ad runes marks and quints and i tried them.The early - mid game was very easy.I could solo almost everything.I believe ad runes is the best choice for riven because ad runes can stuck with riven's passive to have a nice Q combo.What do you guys think?
Correct answer!

With Riven, you are going to be soloing most of the times and only a few times you are gonna jungle!

Ad runes work best for both jobs!

Armor penetration will always be better during the late game but since you're gonna have a better early game anyway, it doesn't matter!

SnoopY 93

09-02-2012

when i get an easy top i usualy get full ad runes +22 ad and get 1st blood 50% of the time, or if i get a hard top like garen or rene or gp then i go 25 arm pen + 13 armor + 13 mr..

whitebeard23

09-02-2012

Renekton isn't so hard If he has full rage bar you just let him to do his skills and dont let him to hit minions as much as possible.Harass him all time^^.
I don't like penetration for riven anymore.What's the point to have them since you go solo and the early game is important for solo champions xD

IceDise

09-02-2012

I run:
ArPen Marks
Armor Seals
Mr/lvl Glyphs
AD Quints

I like to run those armor pen reds because people usually run those armor yellows when they are at top lane so those marks help me to have a bit more damage. With 21 in offence tree it comes up to 21 flat armor pen and 10% extra so it is really helpful.

whitebeard23

09-02-2012

But on early game ad runes are way much better than penetration . Especially with the passive of riven^^