BSOD [Blue Screen of Death] while playing LoL [fixed]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schаdenfreude

Recruiter

06-02-2012

Hi there, I just wanted to say that I found a way to fix my LoL from crashing. It used to give me BSOD every game at least once per game so I started to try a lot of different things, hoping to fix it. After reinstalling windows and the drivers didn't work I sought help in the tech support forums, where I found out for certain that the problem lies with the video card.

So here's what I did and how I fixed it (you basically need to let the video card control the game and not the other way around):
1. Video card model is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 (all 4xxx models share the same drivers), I can't guarantee it will work on other models because I haven't tried it.
2. Update to the latest version of the drivers. N.B. Before updating it would be best for you to uninstall any previous drivers you have. This is done easiest with Driver Sweeper which you run in safe mode after uninstalling the drivers from the windows add/remove programs menu. If you can't find that program, I suggest you google: "how to properly uninstall drivers".
3. Open Catalyst Pro Control Center
4. Go to Preferences(top right) and chose Advanced View
5. Go to Gaming -> 3D Application Settings
6. Uncheck Use Application Settings (on both Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic filtering)
7. Uncheck Disable Catalyst AI
8. Wait for vertical refresh should also be ON (or at least ON unless application specifies)
9. Then go to the top of the page and click SAVE next to <<New Application>>
10. Find your way to your league of legends folder and select lol.launcher.exe
Example: D:\Games\League of Legends\lol.launcher.exe
Click open and you'll have your new graphics preset for your league of legends.

In-game stuff I did:
Go to VIdeo, make the game run on the lowest settings (no shadows and everything on very low) and the screen mode on borderless.

Enjoy your game without any more crashing.

Just an addendum - I haven't tried messing with the game graphics since I got it working good I re-installed DirectX too, and for people with other types of graphics cards - just try to make it so your graphics card controls the game, rather than the other way around.

Hope this helps you guys.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrijateljBoga

29-06-2012

Thank you so much. I had the same problem with ATI HD 3650 on my brothers commuter and this fixed the problem. Thank you for helping me so much man.