RADS Error: Can't connect to the HTTP server.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pajsbackare

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by My original post
Update*2. Same issue is back again, although this time the game botched up as I joined champion select instead.

After my second game of the day my game crashed just as the game was about to transition from the game to the score screen window. Since this crash I get this error every time I've tried starting the game: "RADS Error: Can't connect to the HTTP server. Please check that your internet connection is enabled and that your firewall is not blocking access."

So far I've only tried restarting my PC and restarting my router. I've not tinkered with the firewall settings and my internet connection works just fine. I have never had this error before while playing lol for about 8 months. The only recent addition I've made to my PC that could potentially have an effect on LoL should be the lolreplay client. I've tried both with and without that one running, still same results. I've had the LoLreplay client for about two weeks now so it would be odd if it started messing things up now and not before, so I don't think it's that.

Any advice?
Update*3 for extra info. Here's a log:
Quote:
( USER)[12:00:51.687] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Riot Application Distribution System (c) 2010 Riot Games (version 1.0.0.228)
( USER)[12:00:51.687] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Running at 12:00:51 on 02/14/2012
( DEBUG)[12:00:51.687] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Command line: "updateandrun lol_launcher LoLLauncher.exe"
( DEBUG)[12:00:51.687] RADS::UserKernel::Application::SelfUpdate: Executed from root folder with correct name, not an update.
( DEBUG)[12:00:51.687] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::HTTPConnection: (http://l3cdn.riotgames.com)
( DEBUG)[12:00:51.687] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::Connect: (http://l3cdn.riotgames.com)
( DEBUG)[12:00:51.687] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: ("/releases/live/system/rads_user_kernel.exe.version", "E:/Spel/League of Legends/RADS/temp\TMP55.tmp", RETRY, 0x00000000)
( ERROR)[12:01:33.859] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: perform request failed with code 7
( ERROR)[12:01:33.859] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: Retrying after failed attempt 1
( ERROR)[12:02:15.812] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: perform request failed with code 7
( ERROR)[12:02:15.812] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: Retrying after failed attempt 2
( ERROR)[12:02:57.859] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: perform request failed with code 7
( ERROR)[12:02:57.859] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: Failed on /releases/live/system/rads_user_kernel.exe.version
( ERROR)[12:02:57.859] RADS::UserKernel::Application::SelfUpdate: Failed to download version information.
( DEBUG)[12:02:57.859] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection:isconnect: ()
( ERROR)[12:02:57.859] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: SelfUpdate failed.
( DEBUG)[12:02:57.859] RADS::User::ManagedFileHelper::Release:
( DEBUG)[12:02:57.859] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Returning 0xc1e90004
( DEBUG)[12:02:57.859] RADS::Common::ErrorMessageMap::ErrorMessageMap: locale: en_gb
( USER)[12:02:57.859] WinMain: Could not connect to the HTTP server. Please check that your Internet connection is enabled and that your firewall is not blocking access.
And here's a sworn statement from Firebind lol that it is not my firewall.
Quote:
TCP ports 80,443,2099,5222-5223,8393-8400 are open on your network. Firebind was successfully able to transmit and receive data over these ports using TCP.

UDP ports 5000-5500 are open on your network. Firebind was successfully able to transmit and receive data over these ports using UDP
I obviously have an active internet connection.

Any help would be appreciated.

Selmo

05-02-2012

Same problem here. I tried everything, but nothing help. I guess it's not a local problem. Sometimes launcher run normal, other times error only. Oh, and I waited 2 hours and still error.

Qzet

06-02-2012

almost the same way here as well, check this out: "Unable to connect to the server.If you have a firewall,it may blocking the connection.Please refer your firewall's documentation."
the thing is, my fl isn't on... what is goin on? :X

FingerPrint

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Wrenchman

06-02-2012

Check if your Internet Explorer isn't in offline mode, try to run by lol.luncher.admin.exe

Selmo

06-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerPrint View Post
Check if your Internet Explorer isn't in offline mode, try to run by lol.luncher.admin.exe
Alredy tried. And tried PC restart, router restart, change IP, LAN driver update, AIR update, reinstall/repair the game, download last rads_user_kernel.exe, testing the ports... nothing work.

And now, i'ts working again, and I touch nothing for my last post. So hardly believe, that the problem is on my PC.

Pajsbackare

08-02-2012

Got this issue again now, the only difference being that the game busted up when I tried to enter champion select.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selmo View Post
Alredy tried. And tried PC restart, router restart, change IP, LAN driver update, AIR update, reinstall/repair the game, download last rads_user_kernel.exe, testing the ports... nothing work.

And now, i'ts working again, and I touch nothing for my last post. So hardly believe, that the problem is on my PC.
It was the same for me when I got it. No fixes worked except waiting for it to stop sucking. I have a hard time seeing this being on the user end.

Pajsbackare

14-02-2012

Bumping again for all the holy bunny rabbits.

This problem is getting mighty annoying. It happens almost on a daily basis now, the only fix I've found is to simply wait for X amount of time until this garbage solves itself. It can happen any time during the day and last from anywhere between two minutes to several hours from what I've seen so far. This has been happening since I made the original post, which should put it at last weeks patch in the timeline.

Vingcun

14-02-2012

I get same problem:
Failed to launch RADS\systemzrads_user_kelner.exe
I dont know what to do!

LacaHUN

16-02-2012

Got this error again,though i played lol yesterday and changed/installed nothing on my comp.
Support gave me the allmighty "check your internet connection and software versions" reply. -.-

DeMeXezeis

16-02-2012

Same here, started after the second to last patch. I open the launcher, LoL emblem pops out and starts spazzing out and doesn't close, nor does it appear on task manager. All I can do is to open the launcher again, in which case one of these 2 error messages pops out (not precisely what they say): "Lost connection to HTTP" or "Can't launch rads_kernel.exe" and wait for 15 secs for Windows to say that the launcher isn't working and allow me to close it....
Reinstalled 3 times, repaired through programs and features, even dug through the old rads error posts, installed latest .NET frameworks, nothing helped. Sometimes though when I open the launcher it has no issues, and starts off fine. I can't tell when it may happen, feels like it's just lucky. Today I haven't gotten it to start yet. If you need any more info, just mention it here.