AP runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M4ss4cr4

04-02-2012

Hey!

I'm trying to setup rune page for my AP champions: Ryze, Fiddlesticks, Kassadin, Malzahar, Xerath.

Right now my rune page holds:

-Magic pen. marks
-Mana regen. seals
-CDR glyphs
-Abilty power quints

...I'm kinda confused. I've been searching internet (Mobafire) for runes for those champions, but they seem to need diffirent runes.

I would like a rune page, that would suit all those champions I mentioned.

plz help.
thanks in advance!

GreXRa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2012

i think u should try flat ap seals and ap per lvl glyphs

M4ss4cr4

04-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreXRa View Post
i think u should try flat ap seals and ap per lvl glyphs
That way it would be more AP based.

So if CDR glyphs aren't that useful, I'll switch them for AP.

However...I'd like to keep mana regen seals. I find those really useful.

Would that be OK?

DivineEvil

04-02-2012

M4ss4cr4
The best AP rune page is:
Magic Penetration Marks
AP per level Seals
AP per level Glyphs
AP flat Quntessences
These works for any AP carry whatsoever.
CDR is easily obtained trough items depending on the Champion played. Champions that are not Nukers like Orianna or Viktor can perfectly behave using Ionian Boots, while Fiendish Codex provides 3 separate ways to get all the remaining CDR. Nukers can behave without any CDR, more concerned with Mpen/MRred and AP.

In Ranked games it's the usual practice to give up the Blue Buff to the team's AP carry, thus both CDR and mana regen becomes meaningless. Both HPreg and MPreg runes are very weak, any AP carry can behave without them easily, taking Meki as laning item if they're playing safe, or with Doran's Ring if they prefer early agression. CDR runes are mostly messing up the item build required to get CDR to the hard cap 40% and making little difference in their dedicated game phase, while you might waste some gold-value by buying CDR item which exceeds that hard cap as result. CDR masteries can provide either 4% or 10% starting CDR which is quite enough until further items are bought.

Finally, having extra 20 AP at lvl1 and 50 ap on lvl18 barely beaten by any alternatives. I'm playing all my AP carries (Swain, Xerath, Viktor, Orianna) using that only build with different masteries, and I can barely imagine any viable alternative.

M4ss4cr4

04-02-2012

DivineEvil

thanks for explanation!

MoHoK

05-02-2012

i usually go magic pen marks, mana regen seals, ability power per level glyphs, flat ap quints
In some champions i use armor seals and just use mana regen from utility masteries but i just try not casting without reason!
Well depends also if you go mid or top/bot!

Red Bearded Fool

05-02-2012

@@@@@i am peter gay *****s@@@@