,,Best" Support for Caitlyn

Taric 80 37.56%
Soraka 23 10.80%
Sona 30 14.08%
Jana 23 10.80%
Other... 57 26.76%
Voters: 213. You may not vote on this poll

Best Supp for Caitlyn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeutroCZ

03-02-2012

Hey Guys, it's me, again! )

And i need help,again :-PP So, which support is best for Caitlyn (my friend)?
I see Taric + Caitlyn and it was very effective... I really want see your comments...
So don't be afraid :-PP
If you choose other, say who and why...
(Sorry for my bad english and too much Smile's)

Stoneflyer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2012

I would say Taric and Soraka are both great.

Taric offers heals more often thank Soraka and can get mana back from autohitting mobs+reduce his healing cooldown. But most important is the tactic where Caitlyn starts to attack and Taric stuns that target and Caitlyn finnish him off. This way you get a realy dangerous combo.
Not to mention the free support with armor and damage (ultimate is an aura).

Soraka on the other hand have slow heals (tho big armor on the heals). She dont got anything to help lock down a target in the same way, but she can keep infinitive mana on Caitlyn, allowing her to keep up her long range pressure and excell at it! Then if you see the chance, you can jump in and pop a silence to assist on kills.

Sona and Jana am i not that experienced with, but i think the above ones are best fit. (My personal opinion).

esLäm

04-02-2012

If the enemy goes for an aggresive lane, u should go aggressive too And thats taric, if u just wanna farm and lane too hard, get soraka. It all depends

DivineEvil

04-02-2012

Taric is good one, Soraka works better for Sivir (mana focus gives endless Q), Sona better for Vayne (additional harassment) and Janna is better for Graves (shield magnifying the passive and skillshots).

Best non-support champion for Caitlyn is Blitzcrank, since he can pull people into brushes where Caitlyn can put her Trap. Getting heavy damage from Blitz and Caitlyn at the same time being snared is guaranteed death almost in any situation.

MoHoK

04-02-2012

depends on how caitlyn is playing...
If she spams a lot then soraka is great because of mana manipulation
If she's pushing the lane too much probaly sona
If you want an all around support and want a good tank in your team then taric!
Sona is great το harash like janah while sona can heal way more frequently
Soraka is great for early game supporting but later imho is losing her glory as game goes on! She's more of a passive support unlike sona αν janah
Taric is a way different support, in reality i think he's more a tank than a support! His healing is good only for the very low levels while he's great as a tank and really useful in teamfights while his aura by w is good for whole team, he can stun the enemy carry while he can provide aoe armor reduction to enemies and buff allies with some ability power and attack damage!
Personaly i like taric more than all but with caitlyn needs much practice το use the stuntrap combination plus unlike other supports you need farming το keep your mana in good condition (his mana even with clarity can never be enough)...

Lord Bolas

04-02-2012

Leona also deserves an honorable mention. Caitlyn's range makes it easy for her to stay safe while harrassing and Leona can stun reliably, deal some damage and amplify Cait's damage output. Zenith Blade+Attack+Shield+Attack will beat any lane into submission.

nikkaplz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Personally I prefer nunu as support when I'm playing caitlyn. It may not seem that strong way early, but once you get your wriggles, you will most likely be dominating your lane.

Cityslicker

12-02-2012

alistar ftw! enough said!

Mactavish3

12-02-2012

how about leona?

nrganev

12-02-2012

Alistar is good support for any one. he have a lot of CC, heal, also he can take the role for a tank with his ult.
Taric is the same. The different is that he have only 1 stun but have armor aura which is very good eary game becouse you play vs Ad carry.
But if I comunicate with friend that play cait, most of the times for a support i take Blitz, Zilean (great harassment) and If we play vs graves i take karma becouse of her best shield. It easy to defend your ad partner when enemy have predictable skill like graves.