How to play sona!!! Like a pro.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForTheWin123

29-01-2012

Hey. Of all support champs that there is Sona is the one that can deal the most damage. She is the best support to use at bot lane because she provides attack damage aura. When you play sona u want to se the bush to hide and harras the enemy.
Summoner spells: Heal and Clarity
Heal is becoming the new meta at bot. Nice to bait the enemy at low lvl. Almost everyone will tell you that CV is a must, but is it? Is it really? If CV was so good why is nobody else getting CV? Why? BECAUSE THERE ARE BETTER SUMMONER SPELLS THAN CV YOU CAN USE! And for Sona that spell is Clarity. Clarity allows you to harras as much as you need to own the lane. It also allows you to heal the damage you will recieve from the aggressive playstyle.

Max Q first, then W. Wait with E untill both Q and W have been maxed. Get ulti offcourse.

Items: Start with ruby crystal. This allows you to play aggressively without worry about dying so much. Then get lvl 1 boots. Then get another ruby crystal. Then get soul shroud.
Then get cooldown boots or magic penetration boots. Cooldown boots is what I prefer.
The best item to get for the team is Will Of The Ancient. If you need mana I recommend you get Sheen. If you like to harras alot Sheen is nice. If you like to stay in the back I would get Will Of The Ancient. After this you can get whatever items you feel like you need. Aegis of legion makes you more tanky and is good for team. You could get rabadon for more damage. Or you could get some more health or something.

Runes: Seal armor, Mark magic penetration, Glyph flat mana. Quintessence flat health.

Masteries: 21 deffense and either 9 utility or 9 offense.

Have fun climbing the ladders!

Edit: I forgot! I usually dont get wards, but it's nice to buy 1- 2 wards early so you can run back when you get ganked.

SonicAF

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

29-01-2012

First of all Sona is a champion that deals the most damage.

Buy Doran's Blade. And get exhaust+ghost. Sona is not a support - she sucks too much at mid-late game in this role. The only reason she is called "support" - it's written in her tips.
Lvl 1 boots and SotO - your E stacks it fast as hell even if you were unskilled enough to have 0/6/0 after laning stage if the rest if your team team succeeded. Someone may talk about Mejai but Sona has no scales. Just no.
Lvl 2 boots and Zeal.
Phantom dancer and B.F.Sword.
B.F.Sword goes to IE.
You have a place for defensive item and you can switch Doran's to bloodthirster.

Runes: Armor penetration/critdamage Marks, Cdr Glyphs, Armor Seals(Useless ones. You are not supposed to take damage but there are no better seals), Movement Quints(because I like it. arpen and critdamage works fine too)

Masteries: 29/0/1

Wards are not for AD carry.

You have no clue about playing Sona. Farewell.

Kryptonis

30-01-2012

Oh God...I hope I won't meet you in ranked in my team. You are just so bad with supports. "I usually don't get wards" - lolololol. Watch some streams, try to learn what is support and what is their role.
SonicAF, nice troll

SonicAF

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

30-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonis View Post
Oh God...I hope I won't meet you in ranked in my team. You are just so bad with supports. "I usually don't get wards" - lolololol. Watch some streams, try to learn what is support and what is their role.
SonicAF, nice troll
I do not troll. Such Sona is my main. I have some build varieties but this one is the most deadly
version. A bit disbalanced: you fallback while you save money for BF at midgame.

zWx Jinx

30-01-2012

Sorry but that is a bad "Support" build and setup xD.

zWx Jinx

30-01-2012

And LoL to you SonicAF xD why do you want to go ad carry on Sona when there is SO many others and better ad carrys. you are only ****ing your team over when they can't get a good ad carry or a sona to support bot.

Maelvolt

30-01-2012

@up <double epic backhand and knee facepalm on the wall>

@op Not sure if stupid or stupid....

SonicAF

30-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zWx Jinx View Post
And LoL to you SonicAF xD why do you want to go ad carry on Sona when there is SO many others and better ad carrys. you are only ****ing your team over when they can't get a good ad carry or a sona to support bot.
The answer is obvious: there is no a single other and better ad carry. Also she is VERY strong pair with some other supports Taric, Janna, Alistar, Teemo(risky), Blitzcrank(not tested enough), Lux.

zWx Jinx

30-01-2012

are you guys stupid or just trolling ? do you really think sona is the best ad carry xD or even a good one of that. LoL

Maelvolt

30-01-2012

Ad Sona pwns even in goddamned Dominion.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ominion-146805

Proof enough?