Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a tonne of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out Boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Is it bannable offense to refer oneself?-Riot please answer?

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DxMzMx

Senior Member

01-25-2012

So, e.g. Lets say A wants to refer himself 5 new acounts so he gets 975 RP awarded.
Is that a bannable offense and if it is, for how long?

NB:Only people with valid opinions have right to answer (e.g Riot, someone who can provide a link or is 100% sure). No flame/trolling please.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lepri

Recruiter

01-25-2012

Erm, to get the rewards from referring you have to get lv5 summoner no? so yea, doubt its bannable rofl.

Also, "† The referral system is intended as a means for dedicated players to earn rewards by inviting new players to enjoy League of Legends. As such, we strongly discourage players from using self-made "smurf" accounts, deceptive posting of referral links, or bots/scripts in order to pursue referral rewards. This is an illegitimate use of the system and is in violation of the League of Legends Terms of Use Code of Conduct which prohibits: "Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, defrauds any other user of the Game..." RAF Rewards based on deceptive activities defrauds legitimate RAF participants who are compliant with our Terms of Use, and we are not obligated to provide referral rewards to players who engage in such activities."
..thats from the rules.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RomLun

Senior Member

01-25-2012

Quote:
DxMzMx:
So, e.g. Lets say A wants to refer himself 5 new acounts so he gets 975 RP awarded.
Is that a bannable offense and if it is, for how long?

NB:Only people with valid opinions have right to answer (e.g Riot, someone who can provide a link or is 100% sure). No flame/trolling please.


If its not bannable, it should be...

To many lvl 5 accounts where nice names are taken that other might have wanted.

They should make it linked to our IP adres.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BreaKer

Senior Member

01-25-2012

Well, when submitted a ticket about this thing I was told that it isn't bannable.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Glanco

Senior Member

01-25-2012

You realize there's ton of ppl with dynamic IPs (ISP gives you diferent one everytime you connect) so that's not really useful in any way.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DxMzMx

Senior Member

01-25-2012

Quote:
Lepri:
Erm, to get the rewards from referring you have to get lv5 summoner no? so yea, doubt its bannable rofl.

Also, "† The referral system is intended as a means for dedicated players to earn rewards by inviting new players to enjoy League of Legends. As such, we strongly discourage players from using self-made "smurf" accounts, deceptive posting of referral links, or bots/scripts in order to pursue referral rewards. This is an illegitimate use of the system and is in violation of the League of Legends Terms of Use Code of Conduct which prohibits: "Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, defrauds any other user of the Game..." RAF Rewards based on deceptive activities defrauds legitimate RAF participants who are compliant with our Terms of Use, and we are not obligated to provide referral rewards to players who engage in such activities."
..thats from the rules.


So basically I won't get banned, but if I don't get the reward, I have no right to ask for it (even if I "earned" it)?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Petrazole

Senior Member

01-25-2012

No it is not bannable. The thing is, RIOT can boast with higher player count no matter if those referrals are legit nor not. So they don't ban people for this. I have done this myself, my friends have also done this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lieto

Senior Member

01-25-2012

I know people who leveled 200 referrals for themselves.
200 level 5 refs surely looks suspicious but riot doesnt care apparently.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KonungzRage

Member

01-25-2012

Quote:
Lieto:
I know people who leveled 200 referrals for themselves.
200 level 5 refs surely looks suspicious but riot doesnt care apparently.


If they play with nobz and help them win... Happy peoples


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flyers4Eva

Senior Member

01-25-2012

It's not bannable 100% sure, alot of people made 10 accounts and if u think about it, riot like to brag about how many users play it. Ofc they go by total number of created accounts.


123