Is it bannable offense to refer oneself?-Riot please answer?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DxMzMx

25-01-2012

So, e.g. Lets say A wants to refer himself 5 new acounts so he gets 975 RP awarded.
Is that a bannable offense and if it is, for how long?

NB:Only people with valid opinions have right to answer (e.g Riot, someone who can provide a link or is 100% sure). No flame/trolling please.

Lepri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

25-01-2012

Erm, to get the rewards from referring you have to get lv5 summoner no? so yea, doubt its bannable rofl.

Also, "† The referral system is intended as a means for dedicated players to earn rewards by inviting new players to enjoy League of Legends. As such, we strongly discourage players from using self-made "smurf" accounts, deceptive posting of referral links, or bots/scripts in order to pursue referral rewards. This is an illegitimate use of the system and is in violation of the League of Legends Terms of Use Code of Conduct which prohibits: "Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, defrauds any other user of the Game..." RAF Rewards based on deceptive activities defrauds legitimate RAF participants who are compliant with our Terms of Use, and we are not obligated to provide referral rewards to players who engage in such activities."
..thats from the rules.

RomLun

25-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DxMzMx View Post
So, e.g. Lets say A wants to refer himself 5 new acounts so he gets 975 RP awarded.
Is that a bannable offense and if it is, for how long?

NB:Only people with valid opinions have right to answer (e.g Riot, someone who can provide a link or is 100% sure). No flame/trolling please.
If its not bannable, it should be...

To many lvl 5 accounts where nice names are taken that other might have wanted.

They should make it linked to our IP adres.

BreaKer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

25-01-2012

Well, when submitted a ticket about this thing I was told that it isn't bannable.

Glanco

25-01-2012

You realize there's ton of ppl with dynamic IPs (ISP gives you diferent one everytime you connect) so that's not really useful in any way.

DxMzMx

25-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepri View Post
Erm, to get the rewards from referring you have to get lv5 summoner no? so yea, doubt its bannable rofl.

Also, " The referral system is intended as a means for dedicated players to earn rewards by inviting new players to enjoy League of Legends. As such, we strongly discourage players from using self-made "smurf" accounts, deceptive posting of referral links, or bots/scripts in order to pursue referral rewards. This is an illegitimate use of the system and is in violation of the League of Legends Terms of Use Code of Conduct which prohibits: "Participating in any action which, in the sole and exclusive judgment of Riot Games, defrauds any other user of the Game..." RAF Rewards based on deceptive activities defrauds legitimate RAF participants who are compliant with our Terms of Use, and we are not obligated to provide referral rewards to players who engage in such activities."
..thats from the rules.
So basically I won't get banned, but if I don't get the reward, I have no right to ask for it (even if I "earned" it)?

Petrazole

25-01-2012

No it is not bannable. The thing is, RIOT can boast with higher player count no matter if those referrals are legit nor not. So they don't ban people for this. I have done this myself, my friends have also done this.

Lieto

25-01-2012

I know people who leveled 200 referrals for themselves.
200 level 5 refs surely looks suspicious but riot doesnt care apparently.

KonungzRage

26-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieto View Post
I know people who leveled 200 referrals for themselves.
200 level 5 refs surely looks suspicious but riot doesnt care apparently.
If they play with nobz and help them win... Happy peoples

Flyers4Eva

26-01-2012

It's not bannable 100% sure, alot of people made 10 accounts and if u think about it, riot like to brag about how many users play it. Ofc they go by total number of created accounts.