AD kennen everywhere.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaDDz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-01-2012

So someone watched iemkiev, saw a AD kennen owning and then goes and and tries it in games. The last few days (2) i saw 5 Kennen players, not even one of them went AP. All of them trying out AD kennen as they saw it played by M5. Most of them failed hard, not even one got a positive KDA.
I support the idea of trying out alternative builds, but only if it doesn't hurt your team. In ALL of these games we already had a AD carry bot, so we didn't need ranged AD kennen. Most of these guys also instalocked Kennen without saying they go AD, just saying ''solotop.'' and locking.

I want to send out a message to everyone who tries out unusual builds :
''Do not hurt your team with your pick, let them know first that you are going something unorthodox so they can adapt to your pick. If the randoms you get matched with don't let you play it, get a premade where you can try it out.''

I know that 90% of the players that i want to adress this to doesn't read forums and that the rest won't either care or not read this topic. But i hope that atleast someone will read this.

Tatsuyaki

23-01-2012

Same thing after Dreamhack. AP Alistars all over the place. Give it a couple of weeks and it'll go back to normal.

The Hunterforce

23-01-2012

I can fully understand you.

With that said, it's also quite boring that you can't go out of the meta game without being instant called a noob.

I tried AD kennen long time ago, and actually carried games with him. But every single time I had to live with half of the team flaming me all game long... (I did a custom game to see how he was, build etc etc before joining pvp fights ofc )

MaBra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

23-01-2012

ban ALL the Kennens in Draft

Shm3xY

23-01-2012

I played as AP allistar after dream hack maybe I lost games but I was always positive KDA. But AD kennen was out a bit before s1 came out he didn't work out ppl stopped playing him now m5 came and picked kennen. And Kennen is not viable as an AD champion. In m5 games he was only viable because of his team picks he wasn't carrying them he wasn't killing anyone he was out of the most team fights farming.... You can say he was kinda supporting his team with his ult morde was doing the job

Jonsered

23-01-2012

Haven't seen any Kennens, Shyvanas however...

ApolonsWrath

23-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shm3xY View Post
I played as AP allistar after dream hack maybe I lost games but I was always positive KDA. But AD kennen was out a bit before s1 came out he didn't work out ppl stopped playing him now m5 came and picked kennen. And Kennen is not viable as an AD champion. In m5 games he was only viable because of his team picks he wasn't carrying them he wasn't killing anyone he was out of the most team fights farming.... You can say he was kinda supporting his team with his ult morde was doing the job
True. But you have to take into consideration that really did a good job at denying the enemy AD's. He can push (deny enemy gold), and has an arguably safer escape for straight/non-collision path. And he won't be useless because he can always support his teams with stuns.

Shm3xY

23-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApolonsWrath View Post
True. But you have to take into consideration that really did a good job at denying the enemy AD's. He can push (deny enemy gold), and has an arguably safer escape for straight/non-collision path. And he won't be useless because he can always support his teams with stuns.
I agree but still he was not filling the ad carry spot since the only thing he was doing in teamfights is stunning them and then just waiting for morde and to clear things up. That was my whole point

Garlix

23-01-2012

I tried ad kennen long time ago he isn't that bad but taking some ad carry is a lot better.

Every ad carry has better stats for playing a carry role than him, ok he can stun that isn't bad but your late game is not good at all compared to other carries. They have better stats and even tho you have stuns you can get cleanse and get **** on.

I think that playing ad kennen is only good for fast winning, if the game goes to late game you are not going to be very strong compared to their standard ad carry.

And also one more thing he is hard to play...

MaDDz

23-01-2012

My point with this thread wasn't that AD kennen is useless, just the lack of communication when setting up teams where a AD kennen would be viable, thus rendering him useless in situations where he isn't.

EDIT: woah, now i read my post again and it looks a bit chaotic
Translation into understandable english: AD Kennen ain't useless, just players who fail him or who pick him when another pick would be better make him look like if he is useless.